Sweet Dilemma

Wanted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sweet Dilemma

Kai had changed into his waiter’s uniform, while his friends had gathered at the table in the back corner of the café.

“I’m going to punch him!” Chanyeol declared angrily, “What makes him think that he could act like this? What a jerk!”

He had arrived as the last one, because he had to take a shower after the match that they had besides lost against the other faculty. Hence yes, his day was a total downer. He sipped his iced coffee all annoyed. Baekhyun put his hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder and told him to take it easy. Sehun gave Kyungsoo the notes from the chemistry class and Chen scrolled through the school messages to update himself on the matter. He was missing Xiumin right now, because together he would mock Kai about the senior. These kinds of situations were rare, they needed to take the opportunity whenever they could. Xiumin would arrive later since he had classes until seven o’clock. They all enjoyed their drinks and argued about the seniors, while Kai was serving for the other customers. The number of girls had doubled today because they were praising Kai for his bravery. They adored him after all events more now. These girls were most likely Taemin’s exes, but Kai’s sister was still grateful for it. She could not complain about it at all.

“Is there no option to change the senior?” Sehun asked with a calm voice and sipped the bubble tea he had ordered earlier.

Kyungsoo shook his head. This tutoring program was mandatory. If a junior wanted to change the senior or vice versa, they needed to agree on it and hand in a written and signed letter from both parties to the headmaster. Thus, it was an impossible task since they were sure about Taemin not going to agree on it until Kai gave in and accepted defeat. The sun-kissed boy would never ever admit to it. He had different intentions, plans that might end up hurting others in the end.

“Next time I come across senior Taemin, I will knock him out!” Chanyeol said confidently and jumped up with his iced coffee between his fingers.

He spilled some of it and made Baekhyun jump up too. He quickly wiped away the coffee on his pants and punched Chanyeol in the side for staining his expensive clothes. The other boy bowed low apologetically and sat back down on his chair.

“Do you guys need anything else?” Kai’s sister asked the boys with a bright smile.

The boys became all well-mannered all of a sudden and smiled back at her with the cutest expressions ever. Kai’s sibling was like an older sister to all of them and none of the boys ever wanted to make her worry. They asked for some dessert and thanked her in advance. Kai was running from one order to another. The café was crowded.

“Jongin!” a girl called for him and shrieked, “You have shown it to that ! Well done!”

All three hours he had been working here, the girls kept praising him about this matter. Kai nodded shyly and walked away with the tray tight between his arms. He did not enjoy the spotlight as much as these people expected him to. He hated the attention, and he was scared that his sister would notice what was going on at the university.

“Yo Kai!” Chanyeol called for his friend and drew a chair to their table to make him sit with them for a moment, “Come here for a sec!”

Chanyeol slid the chair he was sitting on to the right, taking over Baekhyun’s space.

“Hey!” the latter pushed him away and pouted annoyed.

Chanyeol exchanged glances with his friend, smiled to both his ears and put his arms around Baekhyun’s shoulders to pull his fella closer. He loved to . They barely met because of their different schedules, but whenever they had the opportunity, they would bicker a lot. Sehun briefly looked up from his papers, grabbed Chanyeol’s arms and made him let go of his roommate. Yup, he was protective of Baekhyun much. Kyungsoo looked at Kai and waited for him to take a little break. The sun-kissed boy washed his hands and dried them with a soft towel, grabbed some doughnuts before he got to his friends and took seat on the chair that was reserved for him. Chen texted Xiumin as it was about time the boy should arrive here as well.

“So, you are not going to give up then?” Baekhyun asked Kai and put his head on his right palm.

With great curiosity the others waited for a response. Kai sighed and put the pastries in the center of the table. He then placed both his palms on the top of two doughnuts. Chen raised a brow, while Sehun put away his notes and paid attention to their waiter-friend. Baekhyun still had a pout on and Chanyeol tilted his head in confusion. Kyungsoo was the one who seemed to have a clue about Kai’s mindset. The sun-kissed boy put two doughnuts next to each other and told his friends that the pearl aqua one and the cosmic latte one would be in a competition.

“Let’s say the aqua pearl one kisses the cosmic latte.” he started to explain and made the two donuts touch, “The cosmic latte one hates the idea of being used as a shield by the pearl aqua one, so he challenges him in the cafeteria for a doughnut-kiss...”

“You challenged senior Taemin for a kiss?!” Baekhyun shrieked and was shut by Sehun covering the mouth of the bubbly boy with his hands.

“Keep it down, will ya?” he said with a tired expression and drew back his hands as Baekhyun nodded.

Kai cleared his throat and added slowly: “The cosmic latte knows that the aqua pearl felt uneasy, nervous and a little excited about him before he accepted the challenge. So, the next time the chocolate doughnut and the orange one went together to the arcade.”

Kai grabbed two other doughnuts and placed them next to the cosmic latte one. Right at this moment Xiumin finally entered the café. The small bell rang loudly and made the boys look towards the door before they focused back on Kai’s doughnut-story.

“That’s us!” Chanyeol added all hyped about the way Kai informed the boys while speaking of the whole story and pointed at the orange one, “Look Kyungsoo, this one is you!”

The boy did not react to it much. He preferably stayed silent about this whole doughnut-story telling thing. Xiumin patted his friends and asked the guests of another table for an empty chair. They let him have it, and he drew it next to his friends. Chen quickly explained what he had missed then he asked Kai to change his own doughnut into a lemon one, but the sun-kissed boy declined as he did not want to start all over again. Chen shrugged, grabbed the yellow doughnut, and enjoyed the lemon taste of it. Kyungsoo wiped away the crumbs instantly. Kai then explained how the other two pastry-friends of the pearl aqua one appeared and how it all came to the point that the cosmic latte one spilled water on the other one. Kai picked up the bubble tea of Sehun and poured some drops of it on the aqua pearl doughnut.

“Yah!” Sehun was not amused by his drink being spilled like this.

Xiumin wiped away the bubble tea with a frown and asked for Kai to take it easy. The boy apologized and then took a deep breath.

“What if the cosmic latte wants to destroy the aqua pearl doughnut?” he asked his friends and leaned back in his seat, finally letting go of the delicious pastries, “What if he wants to make him regret for using people for his own benefits all the time? What if he knows that he is capable of making him fall in love with him?”

“Hold on!” Baekhyun raised his arms up, “You want to make senior Taemin fall head over heels for you? Aren’t you crossing the line?”

Sehun nodded silently. This was the stupidest idea that he had ever witnessed so far. Kyungsoo lowered his gaze and stayed silent for the entire time. Chanyeol cro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter