Game On!

Wanted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Game On!

Spring break was over. It was a rainy day. Kai waited at the bus stop for his best friend. He looked at his watch repeatedly. Where was this boy? Did he oversleep again? Chanyeol loved playing games into the late night, sometimes until dawn. This was the reason why he arrived unpunctual.

“Kai!” he shouted some steps away.

He waved at his friend and smiled brightly.

“Sorry, I had to help my father.” he apologized and bumped his fist on the other one’s arm.

Kai smiled back and told him that they had to wait for the next bus for about five minutes. Chanyeol scratched his nape all embarrassed. He bowed three times to show his friend how sorry he felt about them arriving late for the first day after the spring break.

“Don’t worry. There is no class in the morning, because we have the gathering in the gym today.” Kai informed his friend and showed him the schedule on the university’s website, “The juniors will each choose one senior to be tutored by until the finals this year. It is some kind of support for greater marks.”

Chanyeol stretched and picked out his own phone to read the information about the gathering on the website of the university.

“Uh! Do you have someone in mind?” he asked his friend and scrolled down to check out all the names of seniors that were available for the event.

Kai nodded and turned off the screen of his phone as the bus was arriving. They got on it together and paid their fares before they stood side by side and held onto the loops hanging from the iron bars above.

“So, whom are you going to choose?” Chanyeol asked again.

“Lee Taemin.” Kai admitted and held his index finger to his lips, indicating Chanyeol to keep it a secret.

His friend lifted his brows in surprise before he smiled desperately and facepalmed. Chanyeol could not believe it that Kai was actually holding onto his plan of taking revenge.

꧁༺ ༻꧂

They arrived at the bus terminal next to the university building and exited the vehicle with some other students. In front of the gate Kyungsoo was waiting for them.

“Finally!” he scolded them, “What took you so long?”

He smacked Chanyeol’s forehead with his flat palm and made him flinch. They entered the gym together with a lot of other juniors. They stood in several rows and faced the seniors that where counting the number of the pupils that wanted to be tutored by them.

“Welcome everyone! It is great to have you all here all confidently!” Taeyeon, a beautiful senior girl gave a warm reception and continued with an encouraging speech, “It is not shameful to seek for help from seniors, especially when we are the ones who are willing to help you guys to get better marks. It is not a shame not to know something, but it is if you are not willing to educate yourself about it. We will not turn down anyone who is willing to be tutored by us.”

The juniors were listening to her all attentively. Her voice was resembling music. Her attitude like a goddess. She was known for being polite, kind to younger students, helpful and extremely smart.

“Please everyone of you, go up to the senior you want to be tutored by.” Taeyeon said and immediately got crowded by a lot of young girls and boys.

Yeah, she was admired by a lot of students. Chanyeol walked to Minho, while Kyungsoo approached Jonghyun. Kai hesitated shortly, gulped, and took all his courage to face Taemin, who was surprisingly not crowded at all.

“Oh, it’s you...” Taemin said unimpressed when Kai stopped in front of him.

The sun-kissed boy lowered his gaze as he felt shy and nervous around Taemin. Damn, this was not how he had planned it all in his head. He needed to be confident.

“Sorry again...” Taemin added and lifted his head to look down on Kai.

His apology did not seem sincere at all. He was being a jerk about it.

“Hey Taeminnie!” Minho called for him and grabbed Chanyeol tightly, “Look at my cute junior, Yeollie!”

Taemin glanced at them and smiled all sweet. His eyes became small slots as he seemed pretty happy for his buddies. Kyungsoo exchanged some words with the senior in front of him, and they quickly became good friends.

“Soo is cuter!” Jonghyun said proudly and patted Kyungsoo’s shoulder with a big grin, “Don’t be fooled by his death stare! Hehehe... he really is cute!”

Minho laughed while Taemin nodded to his friend again. He was merely happy for them being satisfied with their juniors. Unlike himself. He wanted to get a cute girl but instead there was this sun-kissed boy standing in front of him.

“Wow! You have such great golden skin!” Minho praised Kai and grabbed his wrist to look at his arm, “What’s your name? Mine is Choi Minho!”

Kai pulled back his arm and stepped aside. He felt uncomfortable being touched by others. He was never praised for his skin color before. Mostly he was bullied because he was darker than the Korean beauty standards, but this was the first time someone was fascinated by it.

“I- I am Kim Jongin...” he said all nervous.

“Yoo! Kim-brothers in the hood!” the senior Kyungsoo had not chosen shrieked happily and clapped his hands, while the other one answered, “I am Kim Jonghyun.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter