020

The Stealer

 

 

 

“They already left, Chanhee wants to get the table with a good view.” Kevin announced as he walked towards Juyeon’s car.

Ahyoung looked up from her phone, the girl chewed on her lower lip as she glanced at Juyeon again. He was still chatting with his teammates while loading his things in his G Wagon’s trunk.

You good?” Kevin nudged her.

Yes, just..hungry.” She fibbed; Kevin rolled his eyes at her before hopping in the backseat.

“I’m confused.” Juyeon said as he strolled over to where she was standing, the girl was leaning against the car’s hood.

“What?”

“Our team won. But then, I remember..we were playing against your old school. So, some of those guys were probably your friends.”

“Oh, no. I…I don’t..really care about them. And, like I said, congratulations on winning, Lee Juyeon.” She winked at him, Juyeon only stared at her, pointedly.

Ahyoung frowned, he wasn’t buying her .

“Are you not comfortable seeing your schoolmates again?” He asked as he leaned against the hood, Juyeon grinned as nudged her shoulder.

“I~”

“Ahyoung-ah!” A familiar face approached them, Juyeon looked up and smiled at the girl. Haneul paused briefly but she gave him a small wave.

“I—I didn’t know you were here.” Ahyoung blurted out, Haneul sent her a look before speaking.

“You would, if you checked your phone.”

Ahyoung pressed her lips together, Juyeon let out a chuckle.

“She does it to you too?” Haneul glanced at him.

"It depends on her mood." Juyeon nodded back at her with a friendly smile.

“Hey, I…Are you okay?” Haneul asked meaningfully, Juyeon nodded at the two before climbing into the driver’s seat.

“I didn’t know..they were playing against them.” Ahyoung muttered as her friend took her hand, Haneul exhaled and shook her head.

“He saw you.”

“I don’t care.” She muttered with a roll of her eyes.

“It looked like he wanted to talk. Ahyoung-ah, I~”

“Ahyoung-ah.” Another voice said, and the girl beside Haneul stilled.

 

 

 

“I don’t understand, is it a big deal?” Chaerin asked as they walked towards their table, Changmin grinned and took his seat.

“Did she not get along well with her classmates?” Chanhee queried as he pulled the chair for the girl.

“She did. Ahyoung was quite popular.” The cousin replied as he glanced at the menu.

“So, why were you shaking your head the whole time?”

“Because, Ahyoung~”

“Hey, sorry we’re late.” Hyunjae appeared by the table and Chaerin almost dropped her water.

“Hyung,” Changmin grinned at the older male and his friend, Younghoon grinned and took the seat beside him. Chanhee hid his grin behind the menu as he watched Chaerin fidget with her phone, refusing to look up.

“Oh, right, I asked him to invite them.” Chanhee spoke again.

“I mean, to celebrate. And, Ahyoung would probably want to have dinner with her brother.” He continued while Chaerin sent him death glares.

“Have you ordered?” Younghoon spoke, he sat down across Changmin while Hyunjae opted to sit beside Chaerin.

“We’re just waiting for them.”

“Ahyoung’s not here yet?” Younghoon leaned on the table, his hands clasped together.

“Yes, she went with Kevin and Juyeon. They were just packing up when we left.” Changmin asked, Chanhee didn’t miss how the older male’s forehead creased at the reply.

“So, you’re in the same class with Ahyoung?” Hyunjae turned his attention to the only girl at the table.

“Y—Yes, sunbae.”

“I hope Ahyoung isn’t causing trouble. It’s kind of amazing she hasn’t cut class yet,” He continued, Chanhee let out a snort.

“S—She already has, sunbae.” Chaerin murmured wanting to move her chair, but she didn’t want to appear rude to the older male.

“Ah, I guess it’s my mistake for hoping. At least she's not getting into fights.” He mumbled while shaking his head.

“Right, sunbae, don’t you have a competition next weekend?” Chanhee asked with a smile, Changmin noticed how Younghoon was checking his phone.

“Yes, we do. You should come by and watch.” Hyunjae said , Chaerin grew conscious of his arm on the back of her chair.

“Oh, we should, huh?” Chanhee said to Chaerin, Changmin chuckled to himself. Chaerin was about to reply when Younghoon spoke again.

“She’s not picking up.”

“Who?”

“Your sister.” He replied, his tone coming at a little harsher than usual.

“Hyung, she’s okay. Juyeon’s driving her here.” Changmin shrugged, not really reading the room.

“I’ll know when she picks up.” Younghoon murmured before excusing himself and leaving the table.

 

 

 

“Ahyoung-ah.”

Haneul was the first one to move, she saw Jaehyun walking towards them. He had already changed into a pair of jeans and a sweater.

“Sunbae, I don’t think it’s a good time,”

“I know you can hear me.” He spoke, ignoring Haneul’s statement as he reached them. Ahyoung looked up and raised her brows at him.

“What do you want?”

Jaehyun flinched at her tone, but he evenly met her gaze.

“Ahyoung-ah,” He exhaled as he stood before her, he tried to reach for the girl’s hand but she flinched and stepped back. The girl hissed under her breath as she hit the car’s hood.

“Just leave, sunbae. The school will be closing soon.”

“A~”

“Is everything good?” A car door opened and Juyeon was already beside her, Haneul paused and glanced at the two tall males. Jaehyun in his cheeks before speaking.

“Yes, it is.” He spoke. Juyeon’s eyes were on Ahyoung.

“We can go now. They’re already waiting.” Juyeon said, not acknowledging the other male. He could sense Ahyoung’s discomfort inside the car, and he knew that she needed to go. No, he could see it in her face how much she wanted to leave.

"We're still talking.” Jaehyun cleared his throat, his cold gaze already on the other male. Meanwhile, Kevin looked on from the back seat of the Mercedes Benz, intrigued.

 “Ahyoung-ah.” Juyeon said again, urging the girl to look at him.

“Y—Yeah, let’s go.” Ahyoung nodded as she looked up, her lips curling up slightly as she did. Jaehyun’s eyes didn’t miss that.

“Would you like to join us? Dinner.” Ahyoung looked at Haneul, the girl shook her head.

“I have plans with the girls. I’ll call you later.” She said before scurrying away from the scene. Juyeon walked around the vehicle and opened the door for her.

“Ahyoung, come on. I already told you I was~”

“That doesn’t change anything. And it never will.” Ahyoung looked at him, her cheeks flushed.

“I’m sorry~”

“I know you’re not. So, don’t.” She stated before getting inside the car, Juyeon slowly shut the door. He got into his seat and drove away from the male.

The car was quiet for a few minutes before Kevin finally spoke, not comfortable with the silence.

“I’m guessing he’s a sore loser?” He blurted out, Juyeon sighed.

“Good for him.” Ahyoung shrugged as before closing her eyes.

 

 

 

Juyeon watched as Kevin went up the steps, on their drive to the restaurants, Chaerin had been calling the other male nonstop. He had no idea why the girl was rushing them, but it didn't seem urgent.

He heard Ahyoung slid down from the car and he glanced at her as she made her way towards the restaurant's doors. Juyeon jogged over to her and lopped his arm around hers, the girl paused.

"I'm guessing he's not a friend." He said softly.

"Yes."

"I'm not so sorry about stealing most of his potential three-pointers then."

Ahyoung made a face as they reached the steps, but Juyeon stopped walking and the girl faced him.

"Juyeon, I don't~"

"Maybe I shouldn't have invited...no, demanded you to watch the game. I didn't know that...you weren't in good terms with one of the players. And," He scrunched his nose, trying to find the right words.

"And I can clearly see how that made you uncomfortable. Also, kind of dampened your mood. No, no, I can't have that." He continued, Ahyoung stared at him, clearly not expecting his little speech.

"I think that's the most words I heard from you ever since we became friends. Wow."

Juyeon sighed at her, peeved, but he reached out to cupped both sides of her head and spoke,

"I'm being serious. I feel bad that you feel that way."

"It's not your fault, I was stupid for not even checking the announcement who you were playing with. And, really, it's no big deal. It's just..." She chewed on her lower lip as she her eyes went to the steps, but she didn't shake him off. Juyeon drop his palms to his side and gestured for her to go first. He felt the girl hold onto his sleeve as they walked up, he smiled and looked at his shoes.

"Some..break ups are bad, some are good. But, what we had...was the worst kind."

"Ex-boyfriend."

"Yes. Unfortunately, I dated him. Don't judge me." She grumbled under her breath.

"He is team captain, he plays really well. I'm not going to judge you." He replied with a teasing tone, wanting her to lighten up and also not afraid that she might be pissed at him in return.

"Well, he's a tool."

"Okay, so, we hate him." He added as they walked through the doors, Ahyoung let out a soft chuckle.

"Yes, we do." She gave his hand a small squeeze before walking ahead of him.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++