032

The Stealer

 

 

 

“This is so exciting, one game away, then we’re on the championships!” Chaerin said as she hopped down the steps, Kevin shook his head but followed her.

“Who are they playing against?” Ahyoung asked as she walked with Chanhee and her cousin, the latter tilted his head.

“Did anyone ask Juyeon who they were playing against today?” Chanhee echoed, Ahyoung blinked back at him. The other male had been excused out of class earlier due to the game.

“Well, we’ll find out when we get there.” Changmin mused, Ahyoung nodded along as they reached the school’s lawn. Groups of students were already making a beeline towards the indoor basketball court.

“I should go get us something to eat while waiting. Reserve me a seat.” She said as she pulled away from the group, the girl jogged back to the cafeteria and paused. She noticed a black Audi i8 pull over, her brows rose.

“It’s either this student just wants to see the game, or they must have forgotten what time the first period is.” Ahyoung mused to herself as she pushed through the double doors and headed for her their favorite kiosk.

Chanhee looked around as Chaerin counted the vacant seats, the gym was already noisy inside, some of the students from the school were there as well.

“I’m confused. They are from the other school, right?” Chanhee blurted out, he jutted his lips towards the cluster of students across them. Most of them were girls, and they all were carrying placards with Juyeon’s name printed all over them.

“Well, they’re not wearing the ugly blue we have on. Ahyoung’s words, not mine.” Chaerin chimed in as she sat down, Changmin raised his hand and waved at his cousin.

Ahyoung had just entered the hall, and her eyes widened at the amount of students that were already inside. She tightened her grip on her chips and waddled towards their usual area.

“Lee Juyeon! Lee Juyeon! Lee Juyeon!” The crowd was chanting, Ahyoung’s brows went up and shook her head.

“Ahyoung-ah!” Kevin hollered, but the girl couldn’t hear him over the noise. His eyes followed Ahyoung as she walked towards the opposite direction, Chaerin was about to volunteer to go fetch her when the cheering girls quieted, she looked up and paused.

“Ahyoung-ah,” Ahyoung felt a hand on her shoulder, she turned her head, and she narrowed her eyes at the male.

“I told you, no pom poms. Not a chance. Never.” She said, Juyeon chuckled and took the bag of drinks from her. He was already dressed in his jersey and had a towel hanging on one shoulder.

“I already dropped that. But, the guys are over there.” He pointed to the other side of the court, not noticing that amount of stares they were getting.

“But, we usually sit there.” She pointed towards the set of bleachers, she frowned, seeing that they were occupied.

“You want to shove them over the railings?” Juyeon mused as he threw one arm around her shoulders and started pulling the girl with him.

“Oh god.” Chaerin covered her face with her hands, Changmin grinned to himself.

“Only if you’d help.” Ahyoung grumbled back as Juyeon walked her towards the steps leading to their friends.

“Maybe after the game.”

“Well, that’s the whole point. I want to sit there and watch~”

“Okay, come now, Ahyoung.” Chanhee ushered her over, Juyeon rolled his eyes at the male and dropped his arm.

“I hope you win, Lee Juyeon.” Ahyoung said before turning away from him, Chanhee sent Juyeon a look before pulling the girl with him.

“Yes, I should.” Juyeon said to himself before jogging back to his teammates.

 

 

 

The male pursed his lips as he walked away from his Audi, he stared at the buildings before him before being called by the security personnel.

“I’m here to submit my documents.” He produced the folder from his backpack, the man nodded at him.

“Which building should I go to?” He asked the older male, the latter pointed towards one of the building.

“Kim Sunwoo?” A female teacher suddenly appeared by the steps, he paused and turned to the woman. Sunwoo jogged towards her and nodded.

“Yes, that’s me.” He said with a polite smile as her in, Sunwoo paused and turned his head towards one of the buildings curiously.

“Oh, it’s loud out there. There’s a basketball game going on. Our school made it to semi-finals this this year.” The teacher supplied, Sunwoo slowly nodded back and kept pace with her.

“I’ve see your records, and you may be joining us late. But not to worry,”

He was led into the faculty room, he noticed the cubicles around him.

“I’m sure you’ll be able to adjust in no time. We have a new student too, she came from the same school.”

“Really?” Sunwoo asked before taking a seat.

“Yes, her name’s Ahyoung. Lee Ahyoung.”

Sunwoo’s brows went up briefly, but he hid his smirk.

“Do you know her? She will be in your class too.” The lady continued as she went through his files, Sunwoo started tapping his fingers on his lap.

“Her name does ring a bell, professor.” Sunwoo continued on.

“Good, at least, you will know somebody. Here,” She handed him a folder containing a list of his books and a box of his new uniform.

“Books can be found at the library, some of the requirements you will have to buy outside campus.”

“Yes, I understand.” Sunwoo gave her a salute, the teacher eyed him warily.

“I see we have another one to watch out for.” She grumbled under her breath, Sunwoo grinned and stood up.

“Then, I’ll be here tomorrow, professor.”

“I hope so. Don’t be late.” She sent him a look, the lady had seen Sunwoo’s record and class attendance. She knew who she was talking to, and what kind of troublemaker he was.

“Of course, I’ll be here. I’m excited to be back at school.” Sunwoo hummed in reply before excusing himself and leaving the room.

Sunwoo was fiddling with the straps of his backpack as he wandered towards the indoor stadium, he frowned as he stared at the doors.

“Cherry wouldn’t be in a basketball game after dating that , right? That would be traumatizing for her.” He tilted his head with a grin.

“Eh, I’ll see her tomorrow.” Sunwoo chuckled before blowing a kiss at the building.

“Ahyoung can’t stand loud places, she’s not gonna be in there.” He said as he walked back towards his car and slid inside, minutes later the black Audi i8 was already speeding away from the campus.

 

 

 

“Congratulations!” Chaerin shrieked before giving her friend a hug, which she immediately regretted.

“Ew!” She said as she pulled away from the sweaty Juyeon, the latter laughed and mussed her hair.

“That was intense, but you guys won. So, that means,” Chanhee mused as he joined them at the court.

“We get to eat out. Or are you going with your teammates?” He asked the male, Juyeon glanced over his shoulder and shrugged.

“I don’t know, they haven’t made plans.” Juyeon mused back, some of the students were playing with the discarded basketballs.

“Just go with us, who needs them?” Chaerin made a face, Ahyoung reached the group and grinned at the male.

“Congratulations, seatmate.” She greeted him with a slap on his arm, Ahyoung looked around, spotting the other school’s students already leaving the court.

“So, do we head home now? Because I’m kind of..” She shrugged while stretching her arms.

“Tired? From what? The game?” Changmin made a face at her, Ahyoung scoffed in reply.

“I couldn’t see properly, okay? I had to keep on leaning forward. I told you we should have gone earlier and~” Ahyoung gasped just as Juyeon’s hand blocked the side of her face.

“What the hell! Be careful with that one! This is basketball, not baseball!” Chanhee hollered, annoyed. Ahyoung swallowed and her eyes went to the ball on Juyeon’s palm. He had blocked the ball from hitting her face, and good thing he did.

She had a feeling it would have been painful. Very painful.

“Are you okay?” She felt Juyeon’s eyes on her as he tossed the ball away.

“Yes. Your hand?” Ahyoung blurted out, peeved.

“I’m used to it.”

“My face isn’t.” She muttered back, Juyeon chuckled, he went around her and briefly leaned his chin over her head.

“I’ll go change and we can grab a quick bite. Then, home.” He squeezed her hand and pulled away.

“Sounds good.” Kevin wiggled his brows at Chaerin, the latter grinned.

“Anything but fried food.” Ahyoung stated as he pulled away from her, Juyeon nodded in reply before joining his teammates again.

“So, did you enjoy the game?” Chanhee asked as they left the building, Ahyoung hooked arms with him.

“It was fun. I was worried we’d lose, but it looks like they’re heading to championships.”

“It’s kind of a big deal, you know.” Changmin added, still in the middle of munching on some crisps.

“Really? It’s just a game.”

“For someone who dated a team captain before, you surely don’t know a lot about how it works huh?” He shot back, Ahyoung’s eyes narrowed at him. Chaerin and Kevin grimaced, they knew how the girl did not enjoy discussing Jung Jaehyun.

“It’s probably why we broke up.”

“You barely watched his games. That’s probably why.” Changmin continued to taunt her, Chanhee sent him a long look.

“Well, it took too much of my time. It..didn’t seem worth it.” Ahyoung hissed back, they had reached the parking lot now.

“Well, you’re attending to games now. And it still takes your time.” Changmin continued on, Chaerin turned her eyes to him.

Ji Changmin, Chucky Lover, was a genius. He was taunting Ahyoung to say some things.

Some things that most of them were afraid to even ask her.

“Of course, it does. But it seems enjoyable now!”

“See? The issue here is that,” Changmin continued on, slightly risking his life. Kevin swallowed and turned away.

“You still no nothing about basketball.” The Ji boy winked at his cousin, Ahyoung sighed at him.

“Oh, is that what it’s called? I thought this was baseball!”

 

 

 

Ahyoung stood outside the barbeque place and rubbed her nose briefly, she enjoyed eating inside, but the smell had always bothered her. She tugged on the sleeve of her sweater and took a whiff, she frowned, instantly regretting it.

“Why are you out here?”

She turned her head just as Juyeon slid the door behind him.

“Giving this a break.” She pointed towards her nose, the male frowned briefly.

“We could have gone someplace else.”

“But Kevin wanted to get fried chicken.” She made a face in reply, Juyeon nodded back and stood beside her.

“You don’t like fried food much?”

“I like it.” Ahyoung replied as she shook off her sweater and let it hang over her arm, she felt Juyeon glance at her, confused.

“I know you don’t like having fried food after your games. It makes you queasy.” She shrugged in reply as she looked ahead the street.

“You mentioned it one time, I simply did you a favor, Lee Juju.” She said as she fished for her phone and wallet.

“You’re right, I can’t eat them after a game.” He trailed off, studying her side profile. Juyeon’s forehead creased and he looked away.

“Hey, do you have plans this weekend? Want..to go out?”

“Saturday, I can’t. I have a thing with Younghoon oppa. But, Sunday, yes. It’s my father’s girlfriend’s, fiancé’s whatever she is, it’s her birthday. And she wants us to have lunch together. So, I’m free.”

“Y—You’re not going?” Juyeon was confused.

“Dude, do you not know me? I can’t breathe the same air as her, not even with an air purifier.” She said dryly, she spotted a few of their schoolmates, freshmen, making their way toward them.

“So, Sunday’s good? I’ll pick you up.” He offered, burying his hands in pockets, hiding his fidgeting fingers.

“Okay, but can we take my car?”

“J—Juyeon sunbae, can we take a photo with you? You were so amazing at the game.” One of them finally approached him, Juyeon glanced at the girl and at Ahyoung.

“I know you stepped out to get something sweet to eat, I’ll go buy us ice cream.” Ahyoung winked at him before moving away.

“Ahyoung-ah, wait,” He blurted out, surprising the younger girls.

“You never answered. Sunday?” Juyeon spoke, he chewed on his lower lip.

“I didn’t say no, Lee Juyeon. Come pick me up, and we can take my car.” She said teasingly while rolling her eyes, Juyeon slowly nodded back and watched as the girl crossed the street.

“Are you free now, sunbae?”

Juyeon gave them a small nod, his eyes went to Ahyoung’s retreating figure again and he smiled to himself.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++