018

The Stealer

 

“See? It’s always better when you aren’t warring with your brother.” Younghoon commented as Ahyoung slid down the car, she rolled her eyes and waited for him as he killed the engine.

"Don’t go around making me feel as if I was the one who was wrong, oppa." She pointed out, the older male chuckled and shook his head.

“I wouldn’t dare, sweetheart.” He mused at her, he slung one arm over her shoulders as they headed towards the school, but the girl paused, noticing the crowd gathering at the other side of the parking lot.

“What’s that? It’s Chaerin.” She blurted out before pulling away from him, Younghoon’s brows rose and he trailed after her.

Kevin, what’s going on?” She asked as she reached her friend, Kevin grimaced, he was about to turn her away when her eyes landed on Juyeon and his grip on the collar of Hongjoong’s shirt.

Ahyoung, I think it’s best if you~

“She’s here. Let’s ask her!” Hongjoong announced, his eyes were on Ahyoung.

Ahyoung paused, her forehead creasing. Juyeon’s gaze went to her, his jaw clenched and unclenched. Chanhee remained in his position and crossed his arms, something was brewing, and he wanted it to unfold. Ahyoung pursed her lips, gauging Juyeon’s mood.

“Hey, you have a game today. If you really have to, break his face later. You still need him to play.” She said softly, lightly, no, she was teasing. Kevin and Chaerin tensed, now was not the time to be teasing Juyeon.

Hongjoong smirked at the male, his eyes went to Ahyoung who was fastidiously ignoring him.

“I will be expecting you in class.” Ahyoung calmly said as she reached out to pat his arm and the girl left, Younghoon walking behind her.

“Juyeon-ah,” Kevin spoke, worried that one of the teachers might see them. The tall male exhaled, he leaned towards Hongjoong before speaking.

“Watch your words.” He coolly said before pushing him back and walking away.

 

 

 

Ahyoung pursed her lips as she stared at her laptop’s screen, she had a report to turn in the next day but she was still halfway done. And she was praying that their teacher would be late.

Or she could just leave campus and get this over with.

She glanced at the empty seat next to her, she slowly shook her head.

“He’s going to be in a foul mood today.” She murmured to herself just as her cousin and Juyeon walked in the class, the room grew quiet for a few seconds, word had spread about the incident at the parking lot.

Juyeon wordlessly took his usual seat beside her, Ahyoung closed her laptop and turned to him.

“Hi.” She said, Juyeon’s brows rose and he looked at her.

“No chances of you telling me what happened?”

“Hmm.” He grunted, Ahyoung grinned at him.

“Hongjoong must be really talented, getting on my nerves is easy. But yours?” She grimaced and shook her head.

“Have you eaten?” Juyeon finally spoke, Ahyoung’s grin grew wider, and she nodded.

“What did you eat?”

“I made granola bars last night and~”

“We’re getting something else.” Juyeon stated as he stood up and nodded for the girl follow him, Changmin sent her a pleading look before Ahyoung hopped towards Juyeon.

“Is it just nerves or Hongjoong really said some things that…pissed you off?” Ahyoung said as they went down the stairs, he shrugged in reply.

“Well, whatever he said, he probably deserved it. I have no idea what went on with his head the other day.” She shuddered, they reached the cafeteria and Juyeon got them sandwiches. Ahyoung decided to sit outside, enjoying the morning air.

“He’s still going to wait for an answer, you know.” He finally spoke, the girl rolled her eyes, she was facing one of the vined walls, her lips curled.

“I don’t even know him, Lee Juyeon.”

“Then tell him that.”

Okay, Mister Grumpy.” She muttered as she took a bite of her sandwich, Juyeon glanced at her and he smiled.

“But, wanna hang out with me? I know a place where you can…loosen up and not be all glowering and frowning.”

“What?” Juyeon turned to her, the girl stood up and grabbed his arm.

“Come on. I go to your games and practices, ditch class for me.” She urged him as they jogged across the grounds. Juyeon tilted his head at her.

“Seems like a good deal, Ahyoung. You go to my after-class games, and you ask me to cut class.” He said wanly, Ahyoung let out a laugh and they reached the wall, Juyeon sighed as she looked at the wall.

“Come on, what are friends for?” She winked at him.

“This is not what good friends do.” He said but Juyeon was already leaning down, ready to give her a boost. Ahyoung chuckled just as she lifted herself up at the wall, Juyeon politely looked away and he heard her land on the other side.

“Okay,your turn, bestie.” She called out, Juyeon couldn’t help but laugh as he hauled himself over the wall.

“Do not call me that, please.” He mused as he took her backpack and slung it over one shoulder.

Ahyoung took a quick glance around, she stretched one hand to him. Juyeon paused, his brows going up.

“Well, come on now. Don’t chicken out on me.” She snorted at him, Juyeon sighed at her before placing his hand over her offered one, his palm covering the entirety of hers.

“Let’s go, seatmate.”

 

 

 

Haneul chewed on her lower lip as she sat down, she checked on her phone again and typed a quick reply to her friend.

Sorry, I can’t. We have this quiz next period. Please don’t go out alone.

“Hey, how’s Ahyoung doing?” Sera, another one of their close friends sat down across her, she grinned before speaking.

“I just got a text from her, she wants to go out.”

“Now?” Sera mused, Haneul nodded back.

“Maybe after the quiz? She says she’s at Myeongdong and will be~” Her phone buzzed, Haneul unlocked the device, she paused and her lips curled.

“Why? Why? What did she say?” Sera leaned over to look at the screen, and then she also paused.

Oh. Wow. My eyes have been blessed.” Sera blurted out as she zoomed on the photo, Haneul slowly shook her head and read the text below the photo her friend sent.

I’m not alone went with a friend to blow some steam off. -Ahyoung

“Okay, who is that?” Sera was still staring at the male on the picture, Ahyoung had sent Haneul, what probably is a stolen shot of Juyeon, he was seen eyeing a box of rose shaped lip balms with curiosity.

I know, right. Looking at him is a privilege, really.” Haneul murmured, Sera let out a laugh.

An upgrade really, compared to~

Haneul shushed her, Sera rolled her eyes and brushed her bangs away from her face.

“He’s this friend of her cousin's, and their in the same class. I guess they hit it off, Ahyoung says he’s a good friend.” She said as she took out her binder, Sera was about to face the front, but then she halted.

“But, Haneul, there’s not point in seeing her this morning.”

“Why?”

“Just go with the basketball team later. Don’t they have a game?”

“What?” Haneul frowned, Sera sighed and took out her phone, she handed it to the girl.

“The team has a game this afternoon, it’s going to be at Ahyoung’s school.”

“What?!”

 

 

 

“See? It wasn’t so bad, right?” Ahyoung was smiling as they left the store, she was holding onto a brown shopping bag.

“You were already planning on going out, huh?” Juyeon mused at her, the girl grinned back at him.

“I ran out of lotion, and I don’t feel like being driven around just to get it.” She replied as they headed to cross the street, some people had shot them dirty looks, seeing as to how the two of them were wearing school uniforms. High school students shouldn’t be out and about shopping on weekdays, especially when it was just lunch time.

But the girl never seemed to care, or she just didn’t notice.

“Doesn’t your brother accompany you?”

“Usually. Well, him or Younghoon oppa.” She replied as they reached the sidewalk, Juyeon hummed back.

“But, oppa can be a little overbearing sometimes, so I tend to go alone.”

“Hyunjae sunbae?”

“Nope. My other brother, Kim Younghoon.” She grinned at him before linking arms with his, Juyeon’s brows rose.

“Brother?”

“Yeah, my parents may tease us, other friends talk about my bond with him. But, he’s a like a brother to me. I hate it when they do that, I don’t want him to feel uncomfortable.” She murmured as she checked the time on her phone.

“Good to know you have other friends.” Juyeon replied, she scoffed and kept pace with him.

“You feeling better now? You’re not glowering anymore.” She teasingly said, Juyeon rolled his eyes at her.

“Sure, a little makeup shopping and a trip to a park cheered me up.”

Ahyoung grinned, they were already near the campus.

“Well, I tried, Lee Juyeon. Not my fault if you choose to be grumpy the whole day. I even fed you.” She pointed out as she took her backpack from him, Juyeon’s lips curled up and he stopped walking.

Ahyoung blinked at him as Juyeon made her face him.

“I feel a lot better now, thank you.” He said meeting her gaze evenly, Ahyoung smiled at him.

“Good to know it worked.”

Juyeon grinned and slung one arm over her shoulder.

“Although, we might get yelled at. Chanhee can be sensitive with these things.”

“One day, I might be able to convert him.” Ahyoung mused back, they reached the wall at the back of the school, it had a crack that was wide enough for them to slip through without having to jump.

“Chanhee? Never. He’ll just nag at you for it.” He said as he held onto the outgrowth of vines for her. Ahyoung carefully slipped in, Juyeon quietly followed her.

“True.” She nodded in reply, they quietly made their way to the cafeteria, and found it filled with their fellow students.

“I’m going to get us lunch. Go and look for them.” Juyeon said to her, Ahyoung nodded back at him.

“Juyeon, I want~”

“I know.”

“And, apple~”

“I know.” Juyeon chuckled and urged her to go, Ahyoung made a face at him before searching for their friends, he puffed his cheeks and made his way towards the line.

He glanced back and saw Ahyoung approaching Changmin and Kevin, and he smiled to himself.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++