030

The Stealer

 

 

 

I trusted you.” Kevin said as he helped Ahyoung carry boxes towards their classmates, the girl grinned at him.

“It’s just a coffee shop, Kev. Chill.”

“It’s a cringe fest!”

Ahyoung let out a laugh as they reached the area, their class was already starting to make plans for the upcoming school fair. And Chaerin had assigned most of them what to do and prepare.

“I still think it’s cute. And easy.” She pointed out, switching to Korean. Chanhee was seated with their other classmates, discussing color schemes and what kind of ambiance they were going for.

“You just want to torment Juyeon.”

Ahyoung set the boxes down and went through the paint brushes, Kevin looked up just as Juyeon and Changmin strolled towards them.

“Chanhee wants to go with a…rustic vibe. The girls think that going all neon pink would be better.” Changmin commented as he moved the boxes for his cousin, Ahyoung nodded along.

“I vote for the rustic.” She said as she stared at the brushes confused, Juyeon grinned and took them from her.

“They’re making you serve coffee.” She murmured to him, the male nodded back.

“I heard.”

“Are you okay with that?” She asked, glancing over her shoulder.

“Well, it’s for the children. So, yes.” He replied as he arranged the brushes by size, Ahyoung pursed her lips. The event was to raise money for an orphanage just outside of Seoul, the whole class had decided on it.

“I~”

“What are you doing?”

Ahyoung turned her head, her brother was standing beside them. Hyunjae greeted Changmin with a slap on the shoulder before saying hi to the other students.

“What are you doing here, oppa?” Ahyoung sighed at him, the older male grinned.

“Well, I was in the area, and decided to pass by.” Hyunjae replied with a glance over his shoulder, Juyeon followed the male’s gaze and smiled to himself.

“In the area? You study here.” Ahyoung made a face at him, she caught her brother glancing at Chaerin again, she rolled her eyes.

“Why? I’m just here to make sure you get home okay.”

“I’m not riding with you. I drove myself.” She said, Juyeon glanced at her with furrowed brows.

“You didn’t.” He said, Ahyoung blinked back at him and Hyunjae chuckled.

“Anyway, oppa, don’t make her uncomfortable.” She mouthed at her sibling, Hyunjae made a face at her and eventually helped with the rest of the boxes. Ahyoung grimaced and watched as Chaerin spotted her sibling, the girl managed to smile at him as he greeted her.

“Oh god.” She muttered under her breath, Juyeon’s eyes went to her, amused.

“Why? You don’t approve?” He asked as he nudged her elbow, she scrunched her nose briefly.

“My brother for Chaerin? Of course, I don’t. He’s a child.” She snorted, Juyeon grinned at her statement, he knew that she didn’t mean anything that she said.

“Anyway, how about we get something to eat? I don’t think Chanhee needs us here. Or anyone.” She said as she looked at their friend, the male was annoyed with their other classmates, some had no idea how to match colors.

“Yes, we should.”

 

 

 

“Okay, so now, I totally regret not coming here with you guys the first time.” Ahyoung said as they crossed the street, she looped her arm with his.

“They have ones with cheese. And, I think Changmin liked the extra spicy sauce.” He informed her as they reached the restaurant, the male let her enter first. Ahyoung headed straight to the counter, her eyes already on the well-lit menu on the wall.

“I’m paying. Let’s order that.” She pointed towards the platter, Juyeon nodded back at her.

“But Juyeon-ah, you don’t eat spicy stuff. Can you tell them to milden it?” She continued rambling on, still studying the menu like it was part of their final exams.

“Sure.” He replied, noticing the young male attendant staring at the girl admiringly.

“Oh! They have hand-shaken teas!” She beamed at him, Juyeon nodded and inched closer to her.

“What would you like to order, miss?” The male finally spoke with a smile, he was still staring at Ahyoung.

“Can we order the hibiscus honey and green tea one? We can share. Please.” She asked again, Juyeon nodded along, planting his hand on her back as she leaned over the counter.

“I’ll order, you can go sit.” He gave her a back a light pat, she nodded at him.

“But, I have to~”

“I’ll pay. In exchange,” Juyeon tilted his head as he pushed her hair away from her face, the male behind the counter looked away.

“Give me a ride to school tomorrow? Deal?”

“That’s way too easy~”

“And, so this is how it goes, huh, Lee Ahyoung?”

Juyeon saw the exact moment the girl froze, and then she turned her head. Jaehyun was standing before them, her eyes went to Jungwoo at the back.

“What~”

“I’ve been trying to call you, wanting to get an explanation out of you and I find you here, with another guy.” Jaehyun said bitterly, Juyeon pulled his hand away, his brows furrowing.

“I don’t think I owe you an explanation. No, I don’t owe you one.” She cleared , Jaehyun stared at her before speaking.

“Really? You left me hanging, Ahyoung. You just disappeared without saying anything.”

“Not here.” She said through gritted teeth as she sidestepped the male, but Jaehyun yanked her back. The girl was about to speak when Juyeon stepped between them, and effectively pushed Jaehyun off her. The older male staggered back, his grip on Ahyoung loosened.

“I don’t think this is the place for that.” He spoke, meeting the male’s gaze. Jungwoo chewed on his lower lip, worried.

“Really? I don’t think it’s your place to be saying that.” Jaehyun spat as he tried pushing him back, Juyeon flinched slightly as the older male’s palm landed on his chest, wanting him to move. But he didn’t budge.

“I don’t think she wants to talk to you.” Juyeon shot back, his jaw clenched and unclenched. Ahyoung glanced around them, some of their schoolmates were also dining at the place.

“You know what she thinks now? Let me tell you, Lee Juyeon, this girl is only playing you. She did the same thing to me, don’t let her get in~”

“In my head? You mean, she’s in your head so much that you can’t let her go? Don’t say that, you already reek of desperation.” Juyeon smirk appeared, Jaehyun hissed, he raised his hand but another voice chimed in.

“I don’t want to be a cliché, but, seriously, not here. Not here.” Hyunjae said with a careful grin as he stood between the two tall males.

“I’m sure whatever’s going on here, we can settle it nicely.” He said in a calm tone as he turned to Juyeon then Jaehyun.

 

 

 

Changmin stared as his older cousin stood between Juyeon and Ahyoung’s ex-boyfriend, Chanhee puffed his cheeks as Juyeon took a small step back, still covering Ahyoung from Jaehyun’s sight.

“Your best friend looks a little scary right now.” Chanhee murmured to Chaerin, the girl grimaced.

“A little?” She whispered back, the male chuckled and buried his hands in his pockets.

“I hereby declare that we think her ex is an . Agree?” Chanhee said, Kevin subtly nodded along.

“Well, if he pummels him down,” Changmin continued as they went to nearest empty table, Jaehyun and Jungwoo were still standing before Hyunjae.

“He deserves it.” He finished as they all sat down, Chaerin paused and turned to him.

“What? Why?”

Changmin leaned on the table and eyed Jaehyun warily before speaking.

“Before, Ahyoung…had someone like who Juyeon is to you. A close friend of the opposite gender. Actually, they were considered best friends too. We all grew up together, but their bond has always been special, you know.” Changmin trailed off, deep in thought. Chanhee tilted his head, intrigued.

“I’m guessing that didn’t sit well with Jung Jaehyun over there?” Kevin queried, hiding behind the menu in his hands.

“Yes, but I don’t get it though. He knew about him even before they became friends. People were already aware of Ahyoung and Berry way before she became Jaehyun’s girlfriend.”

“Did he ask them not to be friends anymore?” Chaerin frowned at him.

“No.” Changmin shook his head.

“So, what happened?”

Changmin hugged her Chucky backpack closer to him.

“He couldn’t….understand them. Jaehyun didn’t want him around her, he started acting up. Ahyoung tried to explain to him numerous times that they were just friends. It came to a point when he started avoiding her, and Ahyoung didn’t like that. Jaehyun then tried to make her choose, you know. Him or her friend.”

“Told you, major .” Chanhee nodded, tapping his fingers on the table.

“Ahyoung told him to get lost, they didn’t speak to each other for days. Until Jung Jaehyun did the unthinkable.” Changmin exhaled, his forehead creasing.

“He beat him up.”

The table turned silent.

“What?” Chaerin balked at his words.

“It was so bad that he had to be admitted to the hospital, and then..he disappeared. Sunwoo just left. And, no one’s heard from him ever since.”

“Oh my.”

“And Ahyoung blmaes herself for all that. And she’s mad that she lost him.”

 

 

 

“I’m sure whatever’s going on here, we can settle it nicely.”

Jaehyun backed down as Hyunjae pushed him, the male had a polite smile on his face.

“We were just talking.”

“We weren’t.” Ahyoung said in quiet voice, Jaehyun exhaled and turned away.

“We should get going.” Jungwoo finally spoke, tugging at his friend’s sleeve. Hyunjae exhaled and glanced at their table.

“We’re here to eat, Jaehyun-ah. Please don’t start anything.” Hyunjae said to the male, the latter nodded back, his eyes went to Ahyoung again. His eyes went to her hand which was engulfed in Juyeon’s, the younger male had turned to her.

Juyeon was speaking with her in soft tones, the girl was nodding in return and then Jaehyun watched as Ahyoung curled into the male’s side and she let him pull her to where their other friends were seated.

“Hey, you know that I never want to intervene on anything, but,” Hyunjae spoke again, Jaehyun pulled his gaze away from the two. Ahyoung was still holding onto Juyeon’s hand tightly and that bothered him. It wasn’t supposed to be like that, she was supposed to go back to him.

They were so good together. Ahyoung has always been his everything.

“Stop making her feel uncomfortable. I may not know what really happened between you two, but I can see that my sister doesn’t want to face you. So, stop forcing her, Jaehyun-ah.”

“I~”

“I don’t want to hear it. And frankly speaking,” Hyunjae continued, not letting him speak.

“Maybe you should give up. I don’t think it’s going to happen.” Hyunjae followed Jaehyun’s gaze, and he pressed his lips together.

“We never really broke up.” Jaehyun managed to breathe out.

“Well, take this is a sign then. Stop bothering my sister.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++