028

The Stealer

 

 

 

Ahyoung looked up from her toast as he brother strolled in the dining hall, she picked up her coffee.

“Sit down.” Hyunjae said, his back till facing her. Ahyoung grimaced and slowly went back to her seat, the girl was about to leave the room with her breakfast.

“I haven’t been able to talk to you these past few days.” He pointed out.

“Well, you’ve been busy. I’ve been…busy too.” She said, the male rolled his eyes and plopped down beside her.

“Abeoji said that maybe it’s time you start driving.”

“Driving Ji Seonmi out?” She mused, Hyunjae sent her a look, but the girl grinned at him.

“So, what’s up with you, little sister?” He asked as he started eating, Ahyoung paused, her eyes widening.

“W—Well, just..the usual stuff. School, projects and all that..crap.” She trailed off, Hyunjae glanced at her briefly.

“That’s it?”

“Y—Yeah, why?”

Hyunjae picked up his coffee and eyed her warily, Ahyoung tensed on her seat.

“You’ve been avoiding, Lee Ahyoung. You think I don’t know? It hurts, you know. We only have each other, well, lucky you, you got me as a sibling. But me? Not so much.” He rolled his eyes at her, Ahyoung puffed her cheeks.

“You see, oppa..”

“Hmm?” He hummed back as he refilled her cup.

“The other day…I went out with friends…Remember?”

“I dropped you off, of course I do.” He shrugged, finishing his fried rice.

“You see…Chaerin..she knows, oppa.”

“Of course she’d know, didn’t we~”

“No, not that.” Ahyoung slowly pulled her utensils towards her.

“What are you saying?” Hyunjae glanced at her again.

“I thought..Well, I kind of slipped, oppa. But, only because you were being super obvious and I thought she caught on. I mean, us girls are kind of quick to~”

“What slip, Lee Ahyoung?”

“Slip of the tongue. You liking her.” She grimaced, Hyunjae stilled, and the male slowly put his coffee down.

“You, what?”

“I love you, Hyunjae oppa.” She stated.

“So, n—now she knows?” Hyunjae turned to her with wide eyes.

“I’m really sorry, oppa. And I love you!”

“This…This is a betrayal.” Hyunjae pressed one palm to his chest, looking hurt.

“Oppa~”

“I don’t want to face you right now.” He was pouting as he left the table, Ahyoung heard his car start and he began speeding away from the property. Minutes later, Ahyoung received a text from her brother.

I left my bag upstairs. I'm still mad at you.

Bring it to school. Still mad. 

 

 

 

“So, you finally confessed to your crimes?” Juyeon paused as he stopped on a red light.

“I was cornered and hungry.”

“Huh.” Juyeon mused as he gestured towards the white paper bag on the console, Ahyoung blinked at him, and she picked it up.

“Chocolate croissants. You are the man, Lee Juyeon.” She chuckled as she got one and too a big bite.

“That must have stressed you out.” Juyeon mused as the girl tore a piece and offered it to him.

“Eat up.” She said as she brought it near his face, Juyeon nodded back and let the girl feed him the croissant.

“At least that’s one problem taken care of, oppa’s not the type to be really angry.”

“There’s another problem?” Juyeon said as she took another bite, the girl nodded at him before speaking.

“I may or may not have pissed Kim Younghoon. So, I have to talk to him, or..have him talk to me.” She mused, the girl looked around them, realizing they were already near the campus.

“Why? What happened?” He asked as the girl fed her another piece of the croissant.

“I bailed on him on his…matchmaking date of some sort.” Ahyoung nodded along.

“You went on a date with him.” Juyeon stated, the girl stared at him in horror.

“No. He was sent to one, and he asked me to come help. But, you know, I left. Actually it’s the girl with the Porsche. I love her, why wasn’t she set up with me instead?” She chuckled as Juyeon parked the G Wagon.

“She seems like a catch.” Juyeon grinned at her, the girl chuckled and slid down from the car. He paused and watched as the girl grabbed her bag from the backseat, he smiled to himself. It was nice seeing how comfortable she was with him.

“So, is the game still on this Friday?” She asked him, Juyeon nodded in reply.

“I’ll be there, with pom poms and all.” Ahyoung grinned as she looped arms with him.

“Hongjoong would be ecstatic.”

“Yes, about that, please try not to pummel him before any major games. Kevin texted last night, he said they were worried that you’d really take his bait.”

“I wasn’t going to.” He replied, Ahyoung grunted but she was smiling.

“I wouldn’t hold it against you, he’s one of those guys who never seem to get a clue.” Ahyoung made a face, Juyeon glanced at her, studying her side profile.

“Ahyoung-ah, I~”

“Oh, wait.” The girl suddenly dropped her arm, Juyeon followed her gaze and spotted Younghoon a few steps ahead of them.

“I have to talk to him. See you in class.” Ahyoung announced, the girl was about to jog after the older male but Juyeon caught her arm.

“See you in class?” He repeated with a small knowing grin.

“You will.” Ahyoung mused back, he let go of her arm and nodded for her to go.

 

 

 

“Oh, it’s that time of the schoolyear again.” Kevin commented as he saw the flyer, Changmin followed his gaze.

“Ah, the fair.” Changmin read the details on the poster.

“You guys have any idea what our class is doing?” Chanhee said as he strolled towards their desks.

“No, Chaerin’s being mum about it. I hope it’s not one of those cringe-worthy coffee shop style booths. Because, no.” Kevin made a face as he sat down, Chanhee chuckled.

“Oh my god, that maid café disaster from the seniors last year.” Chanhee said as he walked towards the window.

“That was traumatic.” Changmin mused, Chaerin appeared by the doors and joined them.

“Our homeroom teacher emailed me yesterday, we better come up with something today for the fair.” She said as she set her backpack down, she looked around.

“I think I saw Juyeon’s car pull up earlier, Ahyoung probably went with him.” Kevin hummed, Chanhee was about to comment when he saw Ahyoung walking with Younghoon at courtyard below.

“I’m not going to deny, they look good together.” He said to himself just as Juyeon strolled in the classroom.

“Please be in a better mood now, we have some planning to do.” Chaerin said to him as he took his seat, Jueyon tilted his head at her.

“The fair. The booth.” She pointed at the poster.

“What about a kissing booth?” Juyeon said, the group grew silent, even Chanhee turned his head at her.

“Did you hit your head?” Kevin balked at him.

“Have you eaten?” Changmin offered his chestnuts to him.

“I guess he’s in a better mood now.” Chaerin grinned and clasped her palms together, the male grinned, joking.

“You usually come up with the best things, we’ll be fine.” Juyeon said to her, Chanhee glanced back at the windows again and saw Ahyoung still with Younghoon.

“But, I don’t think it’s going to work.” He whispered to himself; the older male was smiling as the girl spoke.

“What are you mumbling about?” Chaerin said as she sauntered over to him, she looked over the window and paused.

“Oh.” The girl blurted out.

“He likes her. A lot.” Chanhee softly said.

“True, I haven’t seen Younghoon sunbae smile this much, and we’ve been in the same school for years.” She nodded along.

“But, you know what’s so difficult to read about Ahyoung? She’s so at ease with everyone, once you’re close with her, she becomes this total sarcastic sweetheart. And she doesn’t care if she’s holding your hand or hugging you, she’s fine with that.” Chanhee mused.

“Well, Lee Juyeon’s in for a ride then.” Chaerin chuckled under her breath.

“Exactly.”

 

 

 

“Really, we’re good now, sweetheart.” Younghoon mused as Ahyoung stood behind him, they were queueing for food, lunch had just begun.

“Well, you being silent, more silent than usual bothered me. A lot.” She said as Younghoon pulled her forward, having her stand before him.

“Sure, you were also preoccupied with avoiding your brother too.”

The girl grimaced, and he let out a laugh.

“You heard, huh?”

“Oh, loud and clear. Hyunjae was whining about it since first period. He’s not mad at you, he’s just..clueless what to do.” Younghoon said as the girl grabbed a salad and a kimbap platter.

“I guess I’m in the clear zone now.” She chuckled, Younghoon glanced at her briefly.

“Ahyoung-ah,” He spoke as they moved along.

“Hmm?”

“Are you free this Friday? How about we go check out that milkshake place that just opened after class.”

“Oh, I can’t. Juyeon has a game. Maybe this weekend? Let’s have Baecob come too.” She beamed at him, Younghoon paused but he nodded at her.

“Sounds good.”

Ahyoung nodded back, he watched as the girl joined her group of friends and he looked away.

“Please talk her out of this.” Kevin said as the girl sat down beside Juyeon.

“Huh?”

“The booth. Did you get fruit?” He asked her, the girl nodded and pushed the cup towards him, Juyeon smiled and went back to eating.

“Wait, so, we’re really going with the coffee shop theme thing? That sounds exciting.” Ahyoung chuckled.

“I like how she was there when the class voted about it, and she wasn’t listening. But she’s excited for it.” Changmin chuckled, his cousin elbowed him in return.

“Yes, but, we’ve decided to copy the concept from that old drama before, Coffee Prince?” Chaerin started showing her screenshots on her phone, Ahyoung laughed.

“Wow, I’m all for the coffee idea, Chaerin. I love it.” Ahyoung nodded along, Kevin frowned at her.

“Yes, and we need volunteers to be our princes!”

“I already am the barista.” Chanhee stuck his tongue out, Ahyoung grinned at the guys.

“It doesn’t seem so bad; you lot are popular with girls.” She said as she started with her salad.

“Why can’t we just use Juyeon and have him serve instead? Can you imagine the amount of cash we’d earn? The freshmen girls would go feral for him.” Ahyoung continued, Chaerin paused and smiled widely.

“Oh my god, you are a genius!”

“They’re exploiting you as you eat, Lee Juyeon.” Kevin said to his friend, the male looked up from his plate.

“It’s just…a school affair. We’ll be fine.” He stated as he continued eating.

“That’s the spirit!” Chaerin started scribbling on her iPad, Ahyoung felt Juyeon nudge her.

“Things went well with sunbae?” He softly asked.

“Yes, we spoke earlier. Things are good.” She replied as she picked up a piece of her kimbap.

“But, do you have time later?” Ahyoung asked him, Juyeon nodded in reply.

“Abeoji sent me on an errand, I don’t want to go alone. Only if you’re free, I know how tired you must be.” She said as she put some kimbap slices on his tray, Juyeon smiled and shook his head at her.

“I’m free. I’ll drive you later.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++