002

The Stealer

 

a/n: I updated the foreword :>

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you really sure about this, Ahyoung-ah?”

Ahyoung looked up from her plate, she felt her brother’s gaze on her before nodding to her father.

“Yes, appa.”

“Your father and I have nothing against you moving schools, its just that you were so adamant about not leaving your friends and you said transferring would be a pain.”

The family was having dinner at their favorite pasta place in Apgujeong, Hyunjae pressed his lips together and glanced at the girl.

“I really mean it, eomma. Stop worrying about it,” She broke into a smile, miss Kang sighed at her youngest.

“You don’t have to move out, you know. It hurts me that you did.” The lady mumbled, Ahyoung shook her head.

“Eomma, I don’t think I can manage the house by myself, and if I stay there you’ll just end up worrying about me and not be able to go on with your trip.” Ahyoung explained, their mother was going off on a six month long cruise with her friends next week. She may have never said why she decided on it, but Ahyoung knew their mother just needed some time away from home because talks about the divorce never really died down. And, things at work have not been going well for the elder too.

“She’s right, don’t worry, the kids will be fine with me. And, she has her brother.” Mr. Lee said in a light tone, Ahyoung nudged her brother and the male blinked.

“Right, eomma. If you think about it, my school should worry that Ahyoung’s coming.” He chimed in, to which the girl sighed.

“Can you two even handle her? You’re both scared of her.” She grumbled, Ahyoung grinned at her father.

“Just enjoy your trip, I’ll take care of the kids.”

“Transferring in her junior year isn’t that bad, eomma. Ahyoung’s grades are perfect too, let’s just not talk about her attendance~”

Ahyoung elbowed her brother, mister Lee chuckled.

“When will you stop ditching class, Lee Ahyoung? You would have gotten honor awards back then.”

“When classes stop being boring.” She shrugged as she started eating again. Mr. Lee sighed and nodded, arguing with his smart daughter.

“Have you spoken to your friends about transferring? You decided it on it so suddenly.” Hyunjae asked as their parents resumed eating.

“Y—Yeah, I did.”

“This school year’s is going to be interesting then, oppa will show you around.”

“Don’t. Please, oppa. Don’t.” She winced as she reached for her juice.

“Why? Don’t you want to be seen with me? I’m quite popular at school. I’m in the swim team.”

“Exactly. How lame.”

“Lame?”

The siblings started to bicker, miss Kang sighed and let the two be.

“Why would I want to hang out with my brother? I’d like to meet new people too.”

“New people? Your ability to make new friends is like..zero.” Hyunjae said dryly as he helped her slice the steak.

“I have other friends!”

“Who? And, Younghoon doesn’t count.” He shot back, Ahyoung hissed at him.

“He may be your ride or die, but we were friends first.”

“I don’t think he agrees with that.” Ahyoung scoffed at him as she popped a slice of steak in .

“Are you sure you can handle them?” Their mother asked, vice president Lee grimaced but he nodded.

 

 

 

Ahyoung exhaled and looked around her new room, she had managed to sort through her clothes and they were all in her closet now.

She set her phone down and plopped down on the floor and leaned against the foot of her bed.

“This is a good move. I need to get away.” She said to herself as she leaned back and closed her eyes briefly, she heard someone knock on the door. She raised her middle finger and a familiar chuckle made her turn.

“Not your brother, so put that down.”

She put her hand down and Younghoon sat down beside her, he glanced at the her messy desk.

“Stop judging, I just finished the closet.”

He grinned and mussed her hair before speaking.

“You got everything you need? How about books?”

“Oppa took care of it for me, I just need to buy a few school supplies for next week. But, oppa,” She turned her head to him.

“Why must your school’s uniform be an ugly navy blue? That color washes me out.” She muttered.

“It’ll look good on you, sweetheart.”

“I don’t have to look good in it, it’s the color, oppa.” She grimaced as she leaned her head on his shoulder, Younghoon smiled and nodded.

“Don’t shorten your skirt. You’ll get caught.”

“I don’t think people understand why I do that. It’s not because I want to show skin.”

“So, why do you do it? Enlighten me.” He said in a playful tone as he reached for the PlayStation controller and booted it on.

“It makes moving easier.”

“What?” Younghoon paused, confused. Ahyoung smiled and continued to lean against him, he noticed how her eyelids were getting heavy.

“You know when my least favorite subjects come up.”

“You don’t even have a favorite subject.” Younghoon mused in reply, he adjusted his arm so that the girl could get comfortable.

“If my skirt is a bit shorter, I can jump over the school’s fence easily.” She said in a sleepy tone, Younghoon scoffed and shook his head.

“I don’t want the fabric to get caught in the metal and that would cause a tear, you know. Would you like it if I walked around with a tear on my skirt then?”

“I would like it if you didn’t have to jump over the fence, Ahyoung.” He pointed out, the girl grinned.

“Hmm, that’s not on the table.” She said with a small yawn, and then she stood up and curled on the couch.

“Are you tired? Should I go?” Younghoon asked, the girl shook her head at him.

“No, stay. I’ll just nap for a bit. Let’s go out later.”

“Okay, rest up.”

 

 

 

“What’s wrong? You’re worrying the children.”

Kang Jaehee glanced at her ex-husband, Hyunjae and Ahyoung left after dessert, the two kids knew that they’re parents needed to talk.

“I just..don’t you think it’s too sudden?”

“What?” He asked as he picked up his coffee, the lady chewed on his lower lip, she saw her secretary already waiting outside the café.

“Ahyoung’s decision to transfer, it..bothers me.”

“Do you really not want to share Ahyoung with me?” The male across her said with a grin, she sighed at him.

“Be serious, please.”

The male put his cup down, and met her gaze.

“I am being serious. And, I think you..you should stop overthinking this. Our daughter..she’s always been like this, you know. Our Ahyoung is unpredictable, she causes a bit of trouble here and there, but..I don’t think we should worry. Maybe she just wants to be in the same school with her brother. It’s Hyunjae’s last year before university, maybe that’s why. She loves him, you know, although she never shows it.”

“You think so?”

“Why? I something else bothering you?”

“No, it’s just strange she’d opt to transfer now, she was..really happy while seeing this boy.”

“What boy?” The male’s eyes narrowed in between sips, the lady rolled her eyes.

“You met him, remember? He joined us for dinner once.”

“The only boy I remember seeing at our house is Younghoon. And he doesn’t even count.” He chuckled in amusement.

“Nevermind, maybe they already broke up. Ahyoung can be picky.”

“Exactlly. As she should be.”

Jaehee smiled, her phone buzzed and she opened the message.

I’m out with Younghoon oppa.

Need to get some stuff for school. -Ahyoung

“Don’t worry, enjoy your trip. Leave the kids to me.”

“Leave the kids to you? You always say yes to Ahyoung. That’s why your father donated that building to her old school.”

Vice president Lee had to smile, it happened over a year ago. Ahyoung was almost “wrongly” expelled. His youngest daughter was reported to have chased a man with a baseball bat just outside campus. Why? She found out that it was the very man who had been harassing female students around the school’s area.

The man wanted to sue because Ahyoung had hit him a couple of times.

“It was for a good cause, and our daughter did nothing wrong.”

“Seungwook-ah.”

“Okay, her intentions were good. Her actions weren’t.” He raised his palms, Jaehee sighed again and shook her head.

“Call me if something comes up. Hyunjae’s been pretty stressed over his meets too.”

 

 

 

“That brat.” The girl muttered as she hurriedly went down from the bus, she eyed the school’s gates across the street and she sighed.

“Wow, I already hate it.” She said as she crossed the street, she followed the stream of ugly navy blue up the steps while sputtering in English.

“How could he do this to me? I don’t even know which bus to ride to get here.” She tugged on the straps of her backpack again, she was holding onto her brother’s duffel on her other arm.

“And, he was boasting about a swim meet today, what is he going to wear? His sneakers? Idiot.” Ahyoung continued to sputter as she went up the steps, not noticing the male beside her.

“Lee Hyunjae.” She grumbled under her breath, the male’s eyes briefly went to her and the duffel she was holding onto. It was one of those bags issued by the school to their athletes, and he had one just like it over his shoulder.

His eyes went to the nametag on it, Lee Hyunjae – Swim Team

“I’m so happy we’re finally in the same campus? And now he leaves me?” The girl spoke again, the male blinked at her.

She was probably Hyunjae’s girlfriend or something.

He tilted his head, she looked familiar to him. But he was certain she was a new student, she didn’t have the school’s badge on her blazer yet. They reached the gates and he passed through without a hitch, but the girl was blocked by the teacher assigned to monitor them.

“Student, what’s with your skirt?” The male spoke, some of the students passing by glanced at her.

“It’s an ugly navy blue, sir.” Her reply made Juyeon stop, he turned his head again just as he heard more whispers.

“It’s Younghoon sunbae! He’s here!” One of the girls squealed, Juyeon was looking at the new student.

“You shortened it, huh? That’s not allowed here.” The teacher spoke again, Juyeon saw Younghoon pass by him.

“The length or the ugly navy blue?” The girl replied with raised brows, and that made the other students pause in their tracks.

“Ahyoung-ah,” Younghoon spoke, the girl’s eyes flickered to him briefly.

“Don’t get sarcastic with me, you’re a new student here. You should be following the rules.”

“I just don’t see the point, sir. You do know that once I get past through these gates I can just pull it up to my thighs, right?”

Juyeon turned away from the scene and headed for the main campus.

“Fix that now. Or I’ll fix it for you.” The teacher snapped at him, the girl’s brows went up. Juyeon slowly shook his head, their teacher had said the wrong thing.

“How? Will you tug it down here? You’re a male teacher.”

“Ahyoung-ah,” Younghoon stepped in between the girl and the professor.

“She’s new here, I’ll take her to the administrator’s office myself. I know her.” Younghoon reasoned with a polite smile.

“You better take care of this then. Have her fix her skirt.” The teacher cleared his throat and moved away.

Ahyoung sighed as Younghoon faced her.

“What?”

“Skirt, Ahyoung, please. The fences here are too high to jump over on.” He said as he took Hyunjae’s bag from her.

“But, oppa, it’s already~”

Younghon wordlessly took her backpack from her and he raised his brows at the girl, Ahyoung sighed and tugged her skirt down. He grinned and gestured for her to go inside.

“Changmin won’t be able to a attend class for another week,” She commented as she hooked arms with him.

“Really? Is he still down with the flu?” He asked her as they walked in the campus, Ahyoung paused, noticing the staring girls.

She grimaced and pulled her arm away from him.

“What? You’re embarrassed to be seen with me too?” Younghoon sighed at her, she smiled and took her bag from him.

“I’d like to have a fuss-free, non-cliché life here, go away, popular person.”

“But I want to hang out with you.” Younghon teasingly said, one of his rare smiles appeared and that made the staring girls stare more and gape too, more on the gaping really.

“Hang out with yourself.” Ahyoung grimaced as she walked away from him, Younghoon chuckled and jogged after her.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++