043

The Stealer

 

 

 

Ahyoung slid down from her car and looked over shoulder, Sunwoo and Changmin had arrived together, and the two were chatting as they headed towards the gates.

“Hey,” Chaerin spoke as she neared the girl.

“I thought oppa was going to pick you up today.” Ahyoung began as they walked together, the two saw Juyeon’s G Class pull up at the parking lot. Ahyoung saw how Chaerin glanced at the vehicle furtively while slowing her steps, the girl wanted to chuckle.

“Yes, but abeoji wanted to drive me himself today. He lives for Moscow this afternoon.” Chaerin slowly said, Ahyoung glanced over her shoulder, Juyeon had left his car and was already making his way towards them. The male caught his gaze, Ahyoung grinned at him before turning away.

“We missed you at dinner, you suddenly bolted.”

“Hmm, I had errands and I needed to get ingredients. I plan to bake.” Ahyoung said, Chaerin was already waving Juyeon over to join them, but the male had approached their other classmates instead. Chaerin balked at the guy, and her eyes narrowed at him.

“Who are you looking at? Juyeon?” Ahyoung nudged her, Chaerin sniffed, peeved.

“Yes.”

“You can go talk to him. I still have some things I need to discuss with Jacob sunbae.” Ahyoung said, Chaerin paused and turned to her.

“I’m going to the dance thing with him, remember?”

“R—Right, okay. Uhm, I’ll see you later?” Chaerin said as she slowly unhooked arms with her, Ahyoung nodded before hopping towards their school building. Chaerin marched back towards where Juyeon was.

“Chaerin, he~”

“I was waving you over.” She said through gritted teeth as she dragged him away from the guys.

“I know that, but I~”

“What could be so important that you’d rather say hi to them first, and not Ahyoung?” Chaerin hissed as she continued pulling him towards the buildings.

“I sit right next to Ahyoung. I don’t get why I have to say hi.” Juyeon shrugged, tugging on his backpack straps.

“This is why…This is why you’ve made no progress, Lee Juyeon. She’s going to the formal with Jacob sunabe.

“Ah.” Juyeon nodded back, unfazed. Chaerin closed her eyes briefly and walked away from him, Juyeon smiled to himself as he watched his friend stomp away.

“Are they going for Jacob sunbae next?” Juyeon tilted his head as he jogged after her.

 

 

 

“So, movie this weekend?” Sunwoo spoke as he lounged on Ahyoung’s seat, the girl was leaning against her desk, checking her phone.

“Sure. With the girls?”

“Haneul has to check with her academy, but I’m down if you are.” Sunwoo nodded along, Ahyoung set her phone down, Kevin and Chanhee had returned to their seats with snacks in hand.

“Did you get the~”

“Onion rings, yes.” Chanhee made a face at her as he handed her the bag, Ahyoung smiled and started eating.

“So, you’re really going with Hyunjae hyung’s friend? What’s his name again?”

“You really have to stop talking about the dance.” Ahyoung said to Chanhee, the male shook his head before speaking.

“But it is kind of a big deal, you know. I mean…people weren’t expecting you to…go with him.” Kevin trailed off, his statement sounding more like a question.

“Why? He’s my brother’s friend, and he’s a nice guy.” She shrugged, Sunwoo glanced at the doors as Juyeon and Chaerin walked in, the male was talking while his friend was eyeing him warily.

“Chaerin won’t talk to me.” Juyeon announced as he took his seat, Sunwoo looked at him.

“Why?” Berry asked, Ahyoung glanced at her seatmate, she smiled before turning away.

“Because of her.” Juyeon jutted his lips at Ahyoung, Kevin paused, stunned. Ahyoung slowly turned her head to him.

“Me? Did I get in between your friendship?” She asked, Chaerin looked up from her notebook, Sunwoo flinched and hopped back to his seat.

“I don’t think so.” Juyeon replied, Ahyoung plopped down on her chair and started taking out her textbooks.

“So, why…Why isn’t she talking to you?”

Chanhee glanced at Chaerin, confused. But Juyeon simply shrugged and leaned back and stretched his legs under the desk.

“The game’s tonight?” Ahyoung said she could see Chanhee and Kevin craning their necks, clearly eavesdropping. Juyeon nodded, he wordlessly reached for her chair and carefully pulled her seat closer to his, Ahyoung eyed him warily, but he was smiling.

“Do you think they’re buying it?” Ahyoung whispered, Juyeon glanced at her before speaking.

“Well, Chaerin won’t talk to me because I didn’t approach you first. So, yes, it is.” Juyeon whispered back as he playfully tugged on the sleeve of her sweater before leaning against his desk.

“You don’t have to. I mean, even on…regular days.” Ahyoung nodded along, checking her nailbeds.

Juyeon’s lips quirked up, growing playful.

“Regular days, no approaching. Okay, got it. It’s like I’m back to being regular Juju Bear now.”

“Since when were you not regular Juju Bear?” She shot back, feeling Sunwoo’s gaze on her.

“Oh. I didn’t know that.” Juyeon shot back, making a face at her, Ahyoung pressed her lips together, refusing to grin back. Juyeon simply brushed his fingers against hers before facing the front again.

“But it’s good to see you, Juju Bear.” She whispered under her breath, she saw him let out a silent chuckle and she smiled to herself.

 

 

 

“You guys are going to get really busy after this week.” Ahyoung said as she went down the steps with her brother and his friends.

“Don’t even talk about it.” Jacob warned her over his shoulder, she smiled before hooking arms with Younghoon.

“Oppa, my friends and I are going this weekend. Can you drop us off at~” Ahyoung halted when her brother faced her.

“When are you going to stop tormenting your friends?” Hyunjae said, Younghoon’s brows rose at the two.

“I was just going to ask if you could drive us to the cinema. But, okay.” She muttered in reply.

“Why? What’s going on?” Jacob chimed in, Ahyoung smiled at him.

“Is this why…..Do you have anything to do with..the rumor going around that I asked you to the dance?” Jacon asked her, Younghoon eyed her in surprise.

“Well, ‘fess up, sister.” Hyunjae hummed, Ahyoung sighed before speaking.

“Sort of. Do you hate me?”

“Oh, so that’s why. No, I don’t. Do you want to go? I can take you.” Jacob offered in a soft tone, Hyunjae chuckled as they reached the ground floor.

“I kind of have to, but, you don’t have to take me. Juyeon is.”

“Then, why do people think Jacob is taking you?” Younghoon finally spoke, Hyunjae smiled at his friend.

“I..kind of used his name to….annoy my friends. Because, they keep on trying to get us together, and I don’t know, I got bored.”

“Bored?” Jacob repeated, still confused. Younghoon slowly shook his head as they entered the cafeteria.

“In other words, Ahyoung is messing with her friends because she loves to tease. And now, I’ve got Sunwoo threatening me if I don’t help them out.” Hyunjae muttered under his breath, he spotted Juyeon and Chaerin queueing for food, and the girl smiled at him.

“Ah, so you and Juyeon did get together? That’s cute.” Jacob said as they got their trays, Ahyoung shrugged. Younghoon couldn’t help but laugh, typical Ahyoung.

“And, you’re not happy about it, Young-ah?” He asked her.

“Do I have to look like I am? Should I hop around and be all cutesy about it?” She shot back, Younghoon laughed and just urged her to move forward.

“A little enthusiasm would be nice.”

“Nope.” She replied, Hyunjae waved back at Chaerin before focusing on his sister again.

“So, dating in secret is your thing now?” She asked, Jacob an Younghoon slowly turned their heads to him.

“Wasn’t that your thing a few weeks ago?” She shot back, the two friends grinned at each other, Hyunjae had that one coming.

“Oh, I dug that one on my own.” Hyunjae admitted to himself as Ahyoung started getting her food.

Cherry, you eating with us today?” Sunwoo passed by with Changmin and Chanhee.

“Uhm, no. We have to discuss…our outfits. Color coordination and all.” She replied as she nodded towards Jacob, his eyes widened briefly before speaking.

“Y—Yes, right. Colors. Coordinate them. Right.” He quickly said, Younghoon grimaced and walked to their table first.

Sunwoo was about to open his mouth in protest, but Ahyoung simply went to hop along after Younghoon.

“Wow, she is a pain.” Jacob said to Hyunjae, the older brother could only laugh.

 

 

 

“How long till one of them yells at us?” Ahyoung mused as Juyeon joined her, the group was at the indoor stadium, waiting for the game to start.

“Chaerin has officially ignored me for the whole day, so it might be soon.” Juyeon was smiling as he opened the bottle of juice for her.

“Right, so movie this weekend? You want to go with us?”

“I thought you were spending the day with Sunwoo and your old classmates.” Juyeon asked as the girl bit into her sandwich.

“Yes, but you can come too. I’m sure they won’t mind.” Ahyoung replied as she examined her food, Juyeon smiled as she noticed the extra cheese.

“The dance is next week, right? How long do we continue this?” Juyeon tilted his head at her. Ahyoung blinked before sitting beside him.

“You see, Baecob even offered to really take me to the dance.”

“I have my boundaries, Miss Lee Ahyoung.” Juyeon replied, the girl chuckled and shook her head.

“I did thank him after saying no, but I declined. He’s too nice for his own good.” Ahyoung nodded to herself and went back to eating.

“But, are we really going? I mean, do we have to?” She grimaced at her words.

“Maybe we should, our friends are already stressing over us.”

She grinned and leaned back, setting her sandwich down.

“But, I’m still up for the movie this weekend. If you’ll have me.” Juyeon nudged her shoulder with his.

“Okay, good. Because I’m probably going to need a dress.”

“Sunwoo said you already got one, he mentioned you were going to coordinate with Jacob sunbae.”

“But, you already said no. I have to get another one.” Her reply was quick, Juyeon’s eyes widened and he turned to her.

“Were you really going to go with him?”

Ahyoung started laughing at him.

“Well, because you never asked~ Wait, no!” Ahyoung stood up before Juyeon could grab her arm, the girl was laughing as she ran away from him.

“We never discussed it!”

“I thought you were gonna ask first!”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

a/n:

 

a little more to go till the end :>