035

The Stealer

 

 

 

Chanhee leaned back on his seat and watched as the scene unfold, Chaerin and Kevin were elbowing each other, while Juyeon silently stared. The newcomer smiled before setting Ahyoung back to her feet, he cupped her face briefly before the girl swatted his hands away.

“So, is anyone going to ask who that guy is? Because, I wanna know.” Kevin voiced out, Changmin looked up from his laptop and smirked.

“That’s Berry.” The cousin simply said, all eyes went to him. Juyeon’s brows rose at his words.

“Oh, he’s a friend of hers.” Changmin continued, his eyes went over the two again before continuing.

“They grew up together, got into trouble together, cut class together, you know, the works.” He nodded along, Chanhee exhaled and turned his chair to the male.

“We will need more than that, Chucky.”

“He’s~”

“Guys,” Ahyoung’s eyes were puffy and red as she walked up to them, Juyeon frowned at her. But she was grinning.

“I kind of have to go. Cover for me?” She reached out to squeeze his shoulder, Changmin caught Sunwoo’s gaze and the male grinned at him.

“Sure. I’ll take your bag out later.” Juyeon blurted out, his eyes darting to the newcomer.

“Welcome back, Sunwoo.” Changmin stated, the latter gave him a salute.

“Thanks. You’re the best.” Ahyoung said joyfully, and with the she turned away from the group and walked hand in hand with the male beside her.

“I want to assume. But, I don’t want to be…hated.” Chaerin said, her eyes went to Juyeon briefly. Changmin leaned back on his seat and nodded at her.

“I’m guessing he’s the guy Ahyoung left Jaehyun for.”

“Fact.” Changmin replied, Kevin gaped in surprise.

“Left. Dumped. Kicked to the curb.” Changmin shrugged, his eyes going to Juyeon, the male watched as an orange McLaren sped out of the parking lot.

“Okay, asides from having a nice car, what else should we know about him?” Chaerin was intrigued.

“You already know what you need to know,” Changmin countered, Chanhee tilted his head in confusion.

“What do you mean?”

“She left a boyfriend for him. She dropped Jung Jaehyun for that guy. He won.” Changmin chuckled, and then he stood up and sauntered over to their other classmates. Chaerin slowly nodded to herself.

“Well, he is quite handsome.” She said, Chanhee sent her a look, Chaerin winced and turned her eyes to Juyeon.

“You’re handsome too.”

“Hyunjae sunbae likes you. And you still run away every time you see him.” Juyeon pointed out, Chaerin gave him the finger.

“I guess, that’s another thing for you to ponder on, Juju Bear.” Chanhee hummed under his breath as he moved along.

 

 

 

“I don’t…understand…I looked for you.” Ahyoung breathed out as Sunwoo stepped on the gas.

“I know.”

“And?” She was frowning, her lower lips protruding, Sunwoo sighed, not wanting her to bring out the waterworks again.

“I was in bad shape, Young. I wanted to call you back, but I knew if I heard your voice, I’d want to go home and quit therapy.”

“You were away.” She stated, Sunwoo nodded back before speaking.

“I was in Chicago for my therapy. I needed it for my left arm, and legs.” Sunwoo carefully said, Ahyoung grimaced and she looked away.

“Hey, hey, stop that. It’s not your fault, Cherry.”

“You almost died, Sunwoo. I was there. I should have listened to you. I should have…” Her shoulders shook and she pressed her palms against her face.

“You didn’t know he’d be an , Young. A jealous one. But, please, stop blaming yourself over this. Do you actually think I’d enroll myself to your school if I blamed you?”

“I don’t know.” Ahyoung grumbled under her breath, he chuckled to himself.

“I lost you, Sunwoo. I will never be not over it.”

“I know, but I’m back now. You should try getting over it. I am.”

Ahyoung’s turned to him, incredulous.

“Oh, I meant your ex being an , not the part of him…beating me up. I kind of want to get back at him for it, but I want to be the bigger person.”

“It must..be Chicago air. Since when did you try being the bigger person?” Ahyoung mumbled as the car eased into a mall’s basement parking lot.

“I’m friends with you, one of us has to try, Cherry.”

“Hey!” She frowned at him, but Sunwoo smiled and reached out to muss her hair.

“I’m glad I’m back, Young. Life has been so peaceful without you, it was hell.”

“What?” Ahyoung blurted out, as he slid down from the car. She did the same and walked after him.

“So, how’s the new school? I see you’ve made new friends.”

“All thanks to Changmin, actually. They kind of..adopted me.” Ahyoung said as she hooked arms with him, Sunwoo nodded along as they entered the mall.o

“Those two guys you were talking to as well?”

“Ah, Chanhee and Juyeon. I love them.” She said with a small smile, Sunwoo glanced at her briefly.

“The other guy? He was sporting a letterman jacket.”

“Oh, Juyeon? He’s my seatmate, and you’re right, he plays for the school’s team.”

“Let me guess, basketball?” Sunwoo scoffed and made a face, Ahyoung paused, brows going down.

“Yes.”

“Oh, another athlete. Do I need to watch out for him too?” Sunwoo nudged her, but his tone was teasing. Ahyoung grew quiet and she chewed on her lower lip.

“Sunwoo, I~”

“He’s a friend?”

“He is. We’re kind of…tight.” Ahyoung murmured, now she was unsure. Maybe she didn’t think it throught. Maybe befriending Juyeon was a mistake.

“Is he nice to you?”

“He offered to bring my bag later, I left it at the classroom.”

“Well, that will do for now. He lets you cut class.” Sunwoo chuckled, sensing her discomfort.

“He’s not like him, Sunwoo.”

“He doesn’t have a right to be, Young. You’re not his girlfriend.” Sunwoo winked at her before taking her hand in his instead.

“R—Right. Let’s go get coffee.”

 

 

 

Hyunjae swallowed as Younghoon walked with him to school’s parking lot, his eyes scanned the area and he spotted Juyeon chatting with Chaerin and Chanhee. His brows rose, where was his sister?

“Hey. I was just talking to you.” Younghoon tugged on his bag, the male paused and faced his friend.

“S—Sorry, what’s up?” Hyunjae said, Changmin’s words kept on playing on his head the whole day and it irked him. He had no idea if it was true, and if it were, he had no idea that it had been happening.

But, how come Younghoon never said anything?

How come he didn’t even do anything? Younghoon was acquainted with Jaehyun too, how come he didn’t react to Ahyoung’s then boyfriend?

“I was talking about our next meet. Please, listen. I don’t feel like having to wake you up this weekend.” Younghoon sighed, Hyunjae managed to grin at his friend and nodded.

“I know, I’ll be there early. Don’t worry.” He stated, Younghoon exhaled, the two were about to head to their cars when Juyeon approached them.

“Sunbae,” Juyeon was holding onto a painfully familiar backpack, Hyunjae grimaced as Chucky’s smiling face greeted him.

“Why do you have that?” Younghoon spoke, his eyes went past Juyeon’s shoulder.

“Ahyoung left earlier. She asked me to take it out, but I don’t see her coming back to campus.” Juyeon said softly, Hyunjae’s brows rose.

“She went with Sunwoo.”

The two males halted, Juyeon could only nod at their stunned expressions.

“Sunwoo as in…Berry Sunwoo?” Hyunjae voiced out, he took the bag and Juyeon nodded back.

“Yes, he was here earlier. They left campus together. Anyway, please give it to her. I’ll text Ahyoung that you have her bag.” Juyeon said before stepping back, but Hyunjae stretched one hand out.

“Juyeon-ah, wait,” He could feel Younghoon’s eyes on him as he spoke.

“You…and Chaerin are good friends, right?”

“Yes, we..grew up together, sunbae.” Juyeon trailed off, surprised with his words.And

“What does she like?”

Younghoon sent his friend a look, he took Ahyoung’s bag from his friend before getting in the car. Hyunjae caught how Juyeon’s eyes followed the back. The younger male’s forehead crumpled briefly before speaking.

“Pastries, she likes savory pastries. Not the sweet ones.”

“She does?”

“And, movies too. We used to go out on weekends when superhero movies are released. Sometimes, she’d rather watch it alone, so, make sure to squeeze yourself in her schedule.”

“Oh, sure. I—I mean, I…Don’t misunderstand, I’m just~”

“I know, sunbae. I won’t misunderstand, just don’t hurt her.” Juyeon smiled before walking away from him, Hyunjae exhaled and tugged on his jacket.

“Are they going to compete for Ahyoung? Can’t I ask Chaerin out on a date before they do that?” The older brother muttered under his breath while getting in his car.

 

 

 

Juyeon paused when his phone started ringing, he took another glance at his textbooks before pushing them away. He swiped on the green icon and Ahyoung’s face appeared.

“Hi, I just wanted to thank you for bringing my bag. Although, you didn’t have to hand it out to grumpy, my brother would have been fine.”

“He took it from Hyunjae sunbae earlier. What do you mean by grumpy?” Juyeon asked, taking note of her flaming orange pajamas, he grinned at her.

“Younghoon oppa wasn’t very angelic today. I don’t know, but I’ll just leave him alone for a bit. He can be moody sometimes.”

“Maybe Chucky got to him?” Juyeon offered, wanting to lighten the mood.

“I doubt. Anyway, we had fun today. There’s this new café just a couple of blocks away from school, we went there after getting some clothes for Sunwoo at the mall. Anyway, you will not believe what we discovered there, outside it looks like your regular café, coffee, snacks, sandwiches and the works, you know. But,” She seemed so animted, and happy. Juyeon smiled and nodded for her to continue.

“Inside, they have this stairway going down. It’s an old school themed arcade, Juju Bear. They have all the vintage games, they even have a mini carousel.”

“And, this mini carousel is probably why I had to wait for another twenty minutes with your Chucky bag in hand?”

“Of course.” She replied, Juyeon chuckled along.

“I’m glad you had fun with your friend, Ahyoung. You must miss him.”

“I do. He still gets in my nerves, but I do.” Ahyoung grew thoughtful, and then a small frown appeared on her face.

“He hates Jaehyun.”

“I was thinking you hated the guy too. Am I wrong?” Juyeon replied, and the earned him a look.

“You’re not. I just…I’m thankful he’s back. Despite the Jaehyun pulled, I’m glad I have my friend back.”

“Jaehyun…must have done something big.”

“Jaehyun…couldn’t understand, Juyeon-ah. He wanted me to stop being friends with Sunwoo. Because he wasn’t comfortable with him always being around me.”

Juyeon’s brows rose, Ahyoung sighed and leaned on her desk.

“It got so bad that time, of course, I wouldn’t drop my friends just because a boyfriend asked me to.”

“That’s not how it works.” Juyeon murmured in agreement, the girl looked at the screen and she smiled briefly.

“Exactly.”Right,

“We don’t have to talk about it, Ahyoung-ah. I know it’s not comfortable for you.” He softly said, the girl nodded and sat up.

“Anyway, I’ll see you tomorrow. I cannot wait for you to meet Berry. Sunwoo.”

“I don’t think he’d like it if I call him Berry, Ahyoungie.” He hummed, teasing her.

“Exactly, he’s my Berry. Not yours.” She shot back, Juyeon chuckled and Ahyoung blew him a kiss before ending the call.

“Right, he’s her Berry. Berry is hers. Is she Berry’s?”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++