033

The Stealer

 

 

 

“You saw that.” Hyunjae said dejectedly as they stepped out of the burger joint, Jacob looked at him with an amused grin.

“We all saw it!” He repeated with a frown.

“Friends..can hug.” Younghoon sighed at his friend.

“But she went to him first.”

“I don’t think Chaerin is close with the other players.” Jacob trailed off, still trying to hide his laughs.

“Hyunjae-ah, everyone knows that those two have been really close ever since, they used to be a trio, remember?”

Hyunjae pursed his lips as they headed for the car, Younghoon eyed his friend warily before looking ahead.

“Chaerin and Juyeon have been buddies for so long, hugging is okay for them. It’s nothing.” Jacob shrugged at the male.

“Besides, I don’t think Juyeon sees her that way, it’s pretty obvious that his eyes are elsewhere.” Ahyoung’s Baecob continued, Younghoon paused, his jaw tightened.

“But she hugged~”

“Then give her a hug next week.” Jacob groaned, Hyunjae paused and blinked at him.

“Stop being so conservative, I don’t see you complaining when Ahyoung goes out with Younghoon alone.”

“But that’s different.” Hyunjae pointed out, Younghoon turned to his friend and spoke.

“What do you mean?” Younghoon replied, Jacob grimaced, realizing what he had just insinuated.

“Ahyoung doesn’t see you that way. You don’t see her that way.” Hyunjae almost whined, Jacob wanted to slap himself.

“She doesn’t?”

“She doesn’t.” Hyunjae waved him off and slumped against his car, Younghoon in his cheeks before speaking.

“I’ll get going first. See you on Monday.” His tone was brusque as he walked away from the two, Jacob chewed on his lower lip and watched as the tall male got inside his car.

“So, you really, really think they’re just friends?” Hyunjae spoke again, Jacob faced him and exhaled.

“Who? Chaerin and Juyeon?” Or your sister and Younghoon?”

Hyunjae rolled his eyes in reply.

“I’m being serious.”

“Yes, they’re just friends.” Jacob grumbled in reply, that made Hyunjae relax a little and he leaned back, totally clueless to what had just occurred.

 

 

 

“That’s it?” Sunwoo blinked as he stepped out of the booth, the school had asked him to go to the campus on a Saturday just so that he could have his photos taken for the school records.

“I could have done that on Monday.” He mumbled to himself as one of the staff guided him back to the main hall. He rolled his eyes and pulled the hood of his jacket over his head.

He made his way back to car park area and saw a bunch of students approaching the gates, his brows rose as he watched them.

“I know, I’m so glad we won!”

“Juyeon was really going at it, you know. I’ve never seen him play like that.”

“Probably because Ahyoung was watching.” One of the guys snickered, Sunwoo paused and turned his head.

“Ah, the new student? The ridiculously pretty one?”

Sunwoo rolled his eyes. Of course, guys found the girl beautiful. But Sunwoo knew better, Ahyoung is a headache with a temper.

“Yes, Hyunjae sunbae’s sister. Have you seen her around? Damn.”

“I agree, she’s hot.”

Sunwoo gagged and got in his car, he buckled the seatbelt and paused.

“Juyeon? Play?” He tilted his head and drummed his fingers on the wheel. His eyes went to the school’s gymnasium.

“Is Juyeon an athlete? Ahyoung was watching him play?” He murmured as he took out his phone and quickly opened the school’s website, he did a quick search and found the face and name he was looking for her.

“Lee Juyeon. Basketball.” He let out a laugh and he shook his head.

“Ahyoung. Another athlete. Nope.” Sunwoo zoomed in on Juyeon’s face and he scoffed.

“She sure does know how to pick.” He muttered under his breath, then he searched for Haneul’s number.

“She can’t be dating another athlete, a basketball player too!”

It took a few rings before Haneul answered.

“Hello, Ahyoung’s Berry, have you reached out to your Cherry? Please tell me~”

“Who’s this Lee Juyeon? And why is Ahyoung…being linked to him?”

“Oh, him.” Haneul let out a dreamy sigh, Sunwoo scoffed in return.

“He’s not~”

“He’s going to be just like him, I’m telling you.”

 

 

 

Ahyoung tilted her head as she walked in the dining room for breakfast, Younghoon was leaning against the counter.

“I wasn’t exactly planning to start the day with movies, but okay.” She spoke to him as she strolled towards the fridge.

“I got you coffee.” Younghoon said as he gestured towards the cups by the counter, Ahyoung broke into a smile and nodded.

“You’re the best, oppa.”

“Hyunjae left earlier, your father wanted him to come to the company for something.”

“Yes, he’s just trying to get back in my brother’s good graces. He tried that with me a few days ago.” Ahyoung turned to the counter with a bowl of cereal, Younghoon nodded and got the milk for her.

“It didn’t work?”

“Yes.” She mused as she started eating, Younghoon smiled and nodded.

“So, what’s on our agenda today, oppa? Asides from movies.”

“Hmm, I’m actually visiting schools today.”

“Ah, have you finally decided?” Ahyoung asked as she started examining her coffee, she smiled, realizing that it was her usual order.

“Hyunjae are going to the same campus.”

“Should I pretend to be surprised? Do you want me to?” She deadpanned, Younghoon chuckled and mussed her hair.

“I got accepted actually, thank you for congratulating me.”

She blew him a kiss and started eating again.

“Another school for you to conquer Kim Younghoon. I wonder how many broken hearts you’ll be leaving on your trail.” She hummed to herself; the older male wordlessly nodded.

“Maybe we should get you a new wardrobe? Update some pieces?”

“Sounds good.”

Ahyoung hummed as she ate, Younghoon chewed on his lower lip as he looked at her.

“Ahyoung-ah.”

“Hmm?”

“Tomorrow…are you free?”

“Tomorrow? I’m not.”

“Why?” Younghoon asked her, the girl put down her spoon and picked up her coffee.

“I have a thing with Juyeon. Oppa, give me a few minutes to shower and change, okay?” She said as she slid down from her seat.

“What do you mean~”

“Twenty minutes!” She hollered as she padded back to the stairs, Younghoon exhaled and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Lee Juyeon.”

 

 

 

Juyeon watched as the white Evoque rolled into the property, it pulled to full stop before him and Ahyoung appeared.

“Hi.” She said to him, the male smiled back at her.

“So, I was in the mood to dress up. I wanted to be a walking cliché today.” She said while gesturing towards her matching beige sweater and mini skirt ensemble.

“You look great, I’m loving the shoes.” Juyeon mused, in typical Ahyoung fashion, she had black platform boots on.

“I wasn’t fishing for compliments, but thank you, Lee Juyeon.”

“I was going to say it anyway.” He scrunched his nose in reply as he opened the door for her, not noticing that his parents were looking from the second-floor balcony.

“Oh my goodness, I can see it now. I can hear~”

“Yeobo, please.” Mr. Lee shushed his excited wife who was watching the two young ones with glee.

“She’s so beautiful. And just so perfect for our son. Who would have known? My own friend’s daughter and our Juyeon.”

“They’re still kids.” Mr. Lee murmured but his eyes went to Ahyoung and Juyeon talking downstairs, and he smiled.

“Have you seen him interact with a girl like that?” Mrs. Lee pointed out with a roll of her eyes, her husband nodded and took her hand in his.

“He should have been the one driving up to her house, why did he~”

“Oh, he’s driving her.” She beamed again as she let her husband pull her back to the house.

“Should I say hi to your parents? I feel like I’m intruding.” Ahyoung’s eyes went to the house, Juyeon chuckled and shook his head.

“No, you’re not. But, I think they’re resting. Maybe later? Would you like to have dinner with us?” Juyeon continued, then he mentally winced at his last sentence.

Was that being too much?

Was she going to be okay with that?

“Dinner sounds okay.” Ahyoung’s reply made him relax, he turned to her and nodded.

“So, let’s go?” She said as she turned to the open door, Juyeon paused, noticing the shopping bags at the backseat.

“Oh, I was out with Younghoon oppa yesterday, I haven’t had the chance to unload them.” She grew sheepish, Juyeon’s eyes went to her and he nodded again.

“How about we head to~”

“Ahyoung-ah,”

The girl’s eyes met his eyes, and she blinked at him.

“I mean it,” Juyeon said as he brushed a lock of her hair and tucked it behind her ear.

“You look great. Beautiful.” He stated, Ahyoung froze briefly but she grinned at him.

“Ah, I should wear skirts more often.” She blurted out, Juyeon chuckled and shook his head.

“I meant you. Not the clothes. Now, get in.”

Ahyoung stuck her tongue at him and she got inside the car, ignoring the heat on her cheeks.

“Idiot.” She said under her breath as Juyeon walked around the car.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++