014

The Stealer

 

 

 

Ahyoung puffed her cheeks as she leaned against the G Wagon’s hood, her phone continued on buzzing as she stared at the familiar gates before her. It was an uneventful drive from the party, and the girl just wanted some peace. She didn’t enjoy beign angry like this, she didn’t like reacting that way, but seeing that woman had ticked her off.

Ahyoung exhaled again and crossed her arms, she did want to enjoy the night with her grandparents and her family’s friends. And she felt frustrated with how her father can easily destroy her night.

“For someone who doesn’t enjoy being at school, I didn’t expect to find you here. Willingly driving yourself here.” A familiar voice echoed from behindher, Ahyoung didn’t bother to turn. She heard the car’s door open for a few short moments and then she felt his presence beside her.

“They were looking for you when I left.” Juyeon said as he offered a jacket to her, Ahyoung pursed her lips and took it from him, she had replied only to one message. And it was Juyeon’s, she figured he’d want his car back.

“Here, thanks for lending me your car.” She said as she dangled the key fob towards him, Juyeon shook his head and gestured for her to put on the jacket.

“Hold on to it. It’s getting chilly, put that on.” He said, Ahyoung looked at the piece of clothing, realizing it was his varsity jacket.

“I didn’t know our school issued letterman jackets to athletes.” She mused as she slid her arms into the sleeves, she frowned, realizing how big it was for her.

“Have you eaten?” Juyeon asked her as he raised the plastic bag he was holding, she grinned at him.

“Did you get ice cream?”

“I did. But, sandwich first.” Juyeon said, Ahyoung rolled her eyes and took the bag from him. The male grinned and glanced around them, and then his eyes landed on the black iron gates across them.

“This was my old school. I like stating the obvious.” She said in between bites.

“I’d like a tour.” Juyeon countered, the girl blinked at him.

“Like, right now?” She blurted out, the male nodded back and reached out to brush the bread crumbs off the side of her lips.

“I’m pretty sure you have a way in. No walls involved, right?” He asked as he watched her, her lips curled up as she finished the sandwich.

“There is one…tiny passage at the back, are you up for it?” She said as she opened the can of soda, Juyeon grinned in response.

“Lead the way, Spiderman.”

 

 

 

“You shouldn’t have told her that.” Younghoon spoke as his friend joined him, Hyunjae’s forehead creased as he glanced at his grandmother, the elder was glaring at his father.

“You have to stop coddling her, Younghoon-ah.”

Younghoon shook his head and pushed his plate of food away from him.

“Then start listening to her. And, also,” Younghoon stood up from his seat, Hyunjae grimaced and looked away.

“Stop taking Ji Seonmi’s side. She’s your sister, you should be backing her, not the other woman.” He spat as he left the table. Younghoon took out his phone and started checking his messages, Ahyoung had no returned his calls or replied to his texts. He sighed and looked around.

Ahyoung had left right after speaking with one of her friends, who also happened to be at the party as well. Younghoon’s forehead creased, he did realize how often he saw the male around Ahyoung. He was aware that the two had become good friends.

Lee Juyeon was always so present around Ahyoung.

And it irked him.

He glanced around, still clutching to his phone, he spotted the Juyeon’s parents across the hall, the couple was speaking with one of Gukje Group’s executives.

But their son was nowhere in sight.

Younghoon exhaled, he loosened his tie and went to join his parents on their table.

 

 

 

“Well, that’s a building. Another building. That…is the gymnasium, where all the sports things happen.” Ahyoung began as she carefully maneuvered around the manicured lawn, Juyeon followed her gaze.

“Where did you have your classes?” He asked, Ahyoung pointed to one of the buildings, it was one of the tallest ones in the compound, composed of four floors.

“Freshmen and sophomores shared that one, my classroom was on the third floor.” She added as she twirled the popsicle stick of her ice cream around her fingers.

“How are you feeling?” Juyeon asked her, he glanced up and noticed that the stars were out. Ahyoung scrunched her nose and crossed her arms over her chest.

“I’m not as hungry anymore.” She offered, the male chuckled in reply.

“I just…I didn’t want to stay longer there. I’m..sorry you had to see that.”

“You don’t have to apologize, it’s fine.” Juyeon simply said, the girl pursed her lips as she kept pace with him.

“My father…and I, sometimes we don’t see eye to eye. And, I kind of don’t get along with his girlfriend. No, I hate her.” She grumbled as she hooked arms with him.

“Tonight..was supposed to be just about hanging out with my grandparents. We made a deal that appa wouldn’t bring that woman, because…I’m not comfortable being in the same room as her. And I know how it sounds, Juyeon-ah. I just…I don’t…I do not,” She trailed off not knowing how to continue, but Juyeon placed his other hand on her forearm and gave it a squeeze.

“You don’t have to explain.”

“I overreacted, and I was being a brat.” She sighed as they reached the school’s garden. Juyeon steadied her as they climbed up the damp steps to the bridge over the fish pond.

“You already said beforehand what made you uncomfortable.” His reply was simple as he leaned against the railing, the girl let go of him and she pressed her lips together.

“I don’t think siding with me will help.”

“It’s your family’s party. They should all be on your side. Besides,” Juyeon started to smile as he took out a packet of Binch cookies from his coat pocket, the girl beamed at him.

“You literally are my favorite person as of the moment.” She announced as he opened one of the packets for her, Ahyoung took the cookie and chucked it into .

“I really don’t want to get in your bad side. You’re scary.” Juyeon stated and the girl socked his arm.

“And, you can’t take that back.” He said before she could open to speak.

“I wasn’t going to.” She made a face at him as he handed her another chocolate coated cookie.

“Will it be too much if ask for a ride home?” She suddenly spoke, Juyeon smiled as he leaned on the railing beside her.

“That’s why I texted you. I’ll drop you off. Do you want to grab something to eat before heading home?” He asked, and then she smiled again.

“Favorite person of the week, Lee Juyeon.”

 

 

 

Younghoon slid down from his Audi’s hood as he heard the gates slowly open, he turned to his left and watched as the black Mercedes Benz G Wagon eased in the property. His forehead creasing, recognizing the vehicle.

The car pulled to a stop, Ahyoung was quick to hop down. She didn’t see the older male as she waited for Juyeon turn off the engine.

“Thanks for…everything.” He heard her speak, Younghoon pressed his lips together.

“I’d do the same thing Chaerin or Changmin.” Juyeon humored back, the girl rolled her eyes but she was smiling.

“But still, you could have just taken the car back, I would-”

Juyeon shook his head at her, then he paused, as if sensing Younghoon’s gaze on them. Ahyoung followed the direction of his gaze, and she broke into a small sheepish smile.

“Oppa,”

“Have you eaten?” Younghoon said as he walked towards the two, Juyeon glanced at the house, he saw Hyunjae standing by the front door. The older male gave him a small nod, to which he also returned.

“I have. We ate before heading here.” Ahyoung replied.

“Where did you run off to? Everyone was worried.” Younghoon frowned at her, but the girl only shrugged, she spotted her brother by the door and her she exhaled.

“Does it look like I care, oppa? Besides, aren’t they already used to my absence?” She replied, then she felt Juyeon’s hand on her elbow. Younghoon’s brows rose, seeing the action.

“Anyway, I-”

“How did you know where she was?” Younghoon looked at the male beside her.

“She texted me, sunbae.” Juyeon replied, dropping his hand to his side, Ahyoung was looking at him.

“You were at the party too, you could have told us you knew where she went before leaving.” Younghoon said, keeping his tone cool.

Juyeon’s brows rose, sensing the tension from the male.

“She-”

“I asked him not to tell anyone.” Ahyoung spoke up, Younghoon’s eyes transferred to her.

“You went out alone at night, Ahyoung-ah. You should have texted us.”

“You think I would text my brother where I am? After what happened? Biggest nope ever, oppa. Anyway, stop harassing my favorite person, go inside..or go home.” Ahyoung mumbled, Younghoon tilted his head.

“I’ll get going then.” Juyeon finally spoke, the girl nodded at him.

“I’ll pay you tomorrow.”

“I don’t take cash.” Juyeon grinned as she walked him to his car.

“What?”

“I take food as payment.”

“Fine. I’ll try making you something.” She scoffed, Juyeon grinned and handed the remaining Binch cookies to the girl.

“Ahyoung-ah,” Younghoon called for her, Juyeon’s gaze briefly met the older male’s, before focusing on his friend again.

“I know, I have two older brothers.” She mused at him, Juyeon nodded back in reply.

“Go on, you should rest.” He said.

“I’ll see you on Monday, seatmate.” She said before hopping back towards the older male, Juyeon started the car’s engine and watched as Younghoon and Ahyoung walked towards the house.

“But he doesn’t see you that way, seatmate.” Juyeon mused to himself before driving away from the property.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++