044

The Stealer

 

 

 

Ahyoung smiled to herself as the gym erupted into cheers, their school’s basketball team had just won the championships. Chaerin was seated beside her, and the girl continued to scream in glee, while Kevin and Changmin were taking videos as students crowded the players on the court.

“I’m guessing there’s going to be a week-long celebration,” Chanhee turned his head to her, he grimaced at the noise, Ahyoung grinned at him.

“What do you think?” She replied, the male rolled his eyes, but he was smiling.

“How do you feel? Your brother’s leaving the campus for college.” He spoke, Ahyoung spotted Juyeon in the crowd before facing Chanhee again.

“I’ll still see him around at home, I don’t think he’s going to get a dorm. I’m more worried about having to deal with Changmin during our senior year.”

“That and it’s time we finally decide what to major on.” Chanhee murmured, the girl nodded along and leaned against her friend.

“You didn’t join us yesterday; we went dress shopping for Chaerin.”

“I know, you went to judge her options.” She laughed, recalling how Chaerin only managed to pick out shoes, no dress yet because Chanhee found them all horrendous.

“Don’t tell me you went out with Jacob sunbae.”

“Is he really that bad?” Ahyoung humored him, Chanhee balked at her.

“Are you really that blind? Or do you simply like torturing~”

“What the hell?” Chaerin suddenly blurted out, the two looked at the court, Chanhee halted when he saw one of the female students jumping into Juyeon’s arms. Ahyoung paused, stunned and then the unknown girl slowly leaned down to plant a quick kiss on Juyeon’s cheek.

Kevin and Changmin put their phones down, both were wide-eyed as they turned to Ahyoung, while Chaerin was covering her eyes with both hands. Ahyoung blinked just as a surprised Juyeon dropped the girl, causing her to trip on her own feet.

“Be ing for real.” Chaerin muttered under her breath.

 

 

 

Ahyoung sat still, as the girl who jumped on Juyeon regained her balance. She could feel their friends’ eyes on her, but she didn’t know how to act. She refused to show reaction.

If I even flinch, they’ll find out. If I stand up and go use the restroom then that would lead them to think that I’m bothered.

Am I bothered about it? Anyway, I can’t show reaction, people would think that I’m the jealous type, and that would ruin my carefully built..whatever. I can’t show reaction, if I do, then they win. They’d figure me out. 

But, why does she have to kiss him? There are other guys in the team.

Is Changmin still staring? Why is Chaerin cussing under her breath, it’s unlike her. Chanhee looks like he’s about to murder Juyeon.

Going back, the whole jumping in his arms and kissing him thing. Why? Why must she be so~

Ahyoung diverted her gaze when Chanhee elbowed her, she noticed Juyeon pulling away from the crowd and making his way towards them. She noticed the frown on his face, and it didn’t make sense to her why he looked mad, when they won. They won the championships.

“What? Are you here for more kisses?” Chaerin hissed at her friend, Juyeon didn’t react, but he leaned down to look at Ahyoung. The girl paused and tilted her head at him.

What is he doing here?

Whoa, up close, his face is no joke. Why is he so handsome? The world is unfair, maybe I do have a weak spot for pretty boys.

Huh, Lee Ahyoung figuring out she has a type. Congratulations to you, self.

“I’m sorry.” Juyeon said softly, Ahyoung blinked at him.

“What are you~” The girl halted when Juyeon suddenly smiled before leaning over to press soft kisses on both of her cheeks. Some of their schoolmates gasped, while the others grew quiet.

“I knew it!” Changmin said as he pointed at them, Juyeon pulled back and cupped her left cheek.

“Juyeon, no.” Ahyoung breathed, the male let out a small shy smile.

“Thank you for finding me handsome and realizing that I’m your type.”

Ahyoung’s eyes doubled in size while Chanhee hid his grin.

“You’ve always been my type too. I’ll see you later.” He scrunched his nose at her before walking back to his team, Ahyoung huffed and turned to her friends.

“Really?” Sunwoo was eyeing her warily.

“I can explain.” She began, Sunwoo scoffed and crossed his arms.

 

 

 

“I told you, lying to your friends~”

“When did I lie? I simply…hid the truth.” Ahyoung shot back as she and her brother walked towards their respective cars, Chaerin was grinning at the two as she paced behind them.

“Tell me the difference then, sister.” Hyunjae pointed out, Ahyoung rolled her eyes and turned to Chaerin.

“Did I lie to you? Did you ask about Juyeon and I?”

“You did kind of..not tell us, not that you have to. But a little heads up would have been nice.” Chaerin carefully said, Ahyoung made a face at her brother.

“See? I told you so.”

“But, you lied to Chaerin as well. You knew about Juyeon and I, you didn’t tell her.” Ahyoung smirked at her sibling, Hyunjae glared at her. Chaerin let out a small laugh.

“Ahyoung-ah, it’s…really not a big deal. I mean, we wanted you two to finally confess everything, you have no idea what Sunwoo and Chanhee were planning at the dance.”

“What were they going to do?” Ahyoung asked, Chaerin shook her head before speaking.

“It’s better you don’t know, it’s of no use now. I see you two got together on your own, I’m happy for you.” Chaerin chuckled and hooked arms with the girl.

“We’re going first, we’ll see you at the restaurant.” Hyunjae said as he opened his car’s door, Ahyoung eyed her brother.

“Don’t gloat, oppa.”

“Your Berry is still pissed at you, I will gloat.” Hyunjae mused as he detached Chaerin and Ahyoung, his sister snorted and walked towards her car.

“See you later!” Chaerin called to her before the car drove away, Ahyoung leaned against the hood and crossed her arms, she noticed some of the younger students glance at her as they passed by. Some other girls blatantly glared at her.

“Ahyoung-ah,”

She looked up and saw Juyeon walking towards her, he had changed into a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt.

“Hello, you. You put on quite a show earlier.” She said as she unlocked the car’s trunk for him, Juyeon smiled before putting his duffel inside.

“Thank you for congratulating me on our win, by the way.” He mused at her, Ahyoung snorted before speaking.

“Congratulations on winning!” She made a face at him, Juyeon chuckled before pulling her in for a hug.

“I’m sorry that happened, I…I was surprised, and believe me when I tell you I did not like what she did.” He spoke while pressing his nose against her hair, Ahyoung’s forehead creased.

“I didn’t want to…I didn’t want to send the wrong message so, I opted for the quick fix.”

“Ah, I’m the quick fix? Nice.” Ahyoung said wanly, Juyeon smiled before pulling away to face her.

“You’re the best fix.”

Ahyoung started to squirm in his arms, Juyeon grinned and only tightened his hold on her.

“Lee Juyeon, I swear to~”

“I’m sorry for suddenly doing that, but I didn’t want you to misunderstand, and I want others to understand.” He explained, Ahyoung paused and met his gaze.

“Ah, I really did not get the whole jumping and kissing you thing.” She stated, Juyeon’s forehead creased briefly.

“But, good save…I guess?” She awkwardly offered, Juyeon was about to speak but the girl simply wrapped her arms around his waist.

“I mean it, good save, Lee Juyeon.”

 

 

 

“Berry.” Ahyoung was smiling as she took the seat next to Sunwoo, Changmin grinned and poured more of the soda into his cup.

“Did you have fun?” Sunwoo said, Ahyoung flinched as she picked up a fry. Juyeon had plopped down beside Chanhee and Kevin.

“Well, what’s a little..prank to spice up our friendship?”

“Spice?” Sunwoo repeated and raised his brows at her.

“Fine, I had fun not wanting to admit you were right, now please forgive me so we can be friends again.” Ahyoung shoved his arm, Sunwoo broke into a grin and wrapped one arm around her shoulders.

“Ha! Of course, I’m right. I usually am.” He declared, Chaerin rolled her eyes at the two.

“I still can’t believe you thought it would work, Lee Ahyoung.” Kevin begun as more of the players entered the restaurant, most of the students and athletes had agreed to meet up and celebrate the win over dinner.

“It did work for a couple of~”

“Juyeon’s the jealous type, hiding the relationship would never work.” Chaerin intervened, Juyeon narrowed his eyes at the girl. Hyunjae grew amused and started to order.

“So, can we talk about something else.” Juyeon sat back on his chair.

“Oh, I was thinking about throwing Younghoon oppa a going away party. You know, since he’s going to be in college soon.” Ahyoung said, Hyunjae halted.

“Excuse me?” Hyunjae looked at his sibling.

“Why? He threw me one when in finish middle school.”

“I’m leaving high school too.”

“Ah, good for you.” Ahyoung nodded back at him and picked up one of the menus, Chaerin grinned at the two.

“I’m sure you’re invited too.” She said to the older male, Chanhee and Kevin laughed.

“Ah, oppa, would you like to go too?” Ahyoung blinked at her sibling and raised her brows, Hyunjae made a face at her.

“You throwing a party for Younghoon is not exactly~”

“Hyung, what are you getting?” Juyeon intervened before the male could finish his sentence, Ahyoung stuck her tongue out at him.

“Good job keeping it from us,” Chanhee said to the girl, Ahyoung grew sheepish.

“It was just amusing how you all were trying to push us together. Sorry.” She said to him, Chanhee shrugged at her.

From the moment you walked in, we always kind of knew.” Kevin chimed in as the others started to order for the table.

That I was going to be a headache?” Ahyoung mused at him, Kevin nodded and the girl balked at him.

“That, and,” Kevin glanced at Juyeon.

“That.” He mused at her, Ahyoung paused, her eyes going to Juyeon as he chatted with her brother. The girl smiled back at her friend and turned to the menu again.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++