029

The Stealer

 

 

 

Juyeon pulled the G Wagon to a stop and looked around them, Ahyoung was eyeing the dealership’s glass doors.

“This is your errand?” He asked as he killed the engine, the girl sighed at him.

“My other parent thinks it’s time I drive myself.” Ahyoung replied as she opened the door and slid down from the car, Juyeon followed her as she walked towards the doors.

“Young miss,” A man approached her, Juyeon watched as the girl smiled at the older male warmly.

“Good thing he sent you here, ahjussi.” She grinned at her father’s secretary, Juyeon tilted his head, the male looked vaguely familiar.

“Ah, you’re the student..I met by the gates, right? I asked you to bring food for Ahyoung.” He said with a smile as he extended his hand to the younger male.

“Juyeon-ah, this is my father’s secretary, mister Seo Injoon. I just call him ahjussi. And this is Juyeon.” The girl announced before walking off, the older male grinned as Juyeon shook his hand.

“I offered to come pick her up, thank you for driving her here.”

“It’s nothing.” Juyeon nodded back, he saw Ahyoung waving at him, the male excused himself before jogging over to her. Secretary Seo watched with a small smile on his face before speaking with the dealership’s manager, leaving Ahyoung to choose which car she wants.

“Do you have anything in mind?” Juyeon asked as he walked with her, the girl was eyeing the BMW sedan warily.

“Something that’s sturdy and has four wheels.” She replied, Juyeon sent her a look and the girl grinned at him.

“I was thinking of a white Evoque.” Ahyoung said as she pointed towards the Range Rover, she took him by the arm and started tugging him with her.

“It’s smaller than the regular Range Rover, are you okay with that?”

“But won’t that be easier to park?” Ahyoung said as Juyeon popped the hood, the girl peeked over it.

“You’re right. Are you set on this one?” He asked as he circled the car, opening the doors and checking the interior.

“I kind of am. What do you think?” She countered as she slid in the driver seat, Juyeon sat on the front passenger seat and looked at her.

“What’s more important is, what do you think?” He asked, tilting his head at her with a small smile.

“Okay, I’m going to tell ahjussi.” She mused before heading off, Juyeon exhaled and looked around them. He had practice after class today, and he came up with some excuse to his coach so he could leave earlier.

And he had a feeling why he lied to the man. He had a feeling why he chose to leave school early and opt to not join practice.

In fact, he knew why.

But was he ready to admit that?

“Let’s go, ahjussi will take care of it. We’re free to go now.” Ahyoung strolled over to him, Juyeon looked up and nodded.

“Do you have plans after this? Wanna go eat?” He asked her, the girl tilted her head at him.

“Are you hungry? Maybe I should have fed you before heading here.” She chuckled before hooking arm with his.

“Maybe.” He replied as they reached his car, but then Ahyoung faced him.

“Okay, my treat.” She grinned at him before getting in the car.

 

 

 

Hyunjae looked up when he felt a presence by the doorway, he narrowed his eyes at his sister before turning away from her.

“Okay, so, I know I ed up.”

“Language.”

“I ed up, big time.” She said as she walked in and sat on the sofa, Hyunjae picked up the PlayStation controller and eyed her warily.

“Really, how so?” He shot back, the girl grinned and stretched her legs before her.

“Well, just so you know, brother. I don’t think Chaerin dislikes you.” She said, Hyunjae’s eyes went to her briefly, but he continued playing.

“I mean, she didn’t scream or puke when I….slipped.”

“When you told her.” Hyunjae corrected the girl.

“Same thing. But, going back, you see, I think that you might have a chance there, oppa. So, why not try…talking to her.”

“That’s the problem, Ahyoung-ah.” He sighed as he tossed the controller away, Ahyoung yawned and nodded for him to continue.

“Back when she didn’t know I like her, she already was not interested in talking to me. And now that she knows, you think she’d be comfortable around me?”

“Why not?” Ahyoung replied, her brother sighed at her.

“I mean, so what if she knows, oppa? You’re interested in her. Period. So now, make your move. It’s not like I can take it back and that she’d not know.”

“Your way of seeing things has always stunned me, sister.”

Ahyoung rolled her eyes again and looked at her brother.

“She won’t talk to you? Then, try getting to know her, or try another way. I don’t see the big deal.”

“You don’t understand, Young. She’s one of those smart ones, you know. Why would she look at me?”

“I am starting to not understand. Why are you making uncomplicated things, complicated?” She hissed at him.

“Hey, you have no right to be pissed at me.” Hyunjae sent her a look, the girl scoffed.

“Just ask her out. If she says no, then poor you. If she says yes, then poor her.”

“Hey!”

“Anyway, I’ve done my part and penance. I’m going to sleep now.”

“That was your penance? I think you’ve just added to my problems.” Hyunjae hollered as she walked to the doors.

“Come on, oppa. Get over it.” Ahyoung shot back before blowing him a kiss and disappearing. Hyunjae exhaled and plopped down his bed.

“Things are way too black and white for her, can’t wait for someone to arrive to make things another color, that brat.” Hyunjae muttered under his breath, but then he paused, his brows going up.

“Well, I hope Juyeon does that.”

 

 

 

Younghoon slid down from his car and looked around the parking lot, he spotted Changmin speaking with Hyunjae by the stairs.

“Juyeon-ah,” He noticed Chaerin waving the G Wagon over, Younghoon followed her gaze just as Ahyoung slid down from the front seat. His forehead creased briefly, but the girl met his gaze.

“Oppa,” She broke into a smile as she jogged towards him.

“I see you aren’t late today.”

“What are you talking about? I always make it to first period.”

“But never the last.” Younghoon quipped with a teasing grin, Ahyoung gasped and elbowed him.

“It’s way too early for grumpy Younghoon. Anyway,” She was smiling as she searched her pockets, then she paused and turned her head. Juyeon raised his hand, Younghoon recognized the girl’s phone.

“Oh, I’ll get it later.” She called out to him, the male nodded back and headed up the stairs. Younghoon saw the girl’s bag slung over Juyeon’s shoulder.

“Anyway, I was thinking if you could come over this weekend. We haven’t had a movie marathon in a while, I asked oppa, he said he’s okay with it.”

“Sounds good, I’ll bring popcorn.”

“Alright, and I also need you to talk some sense into my brother. So, please do not bail on me.”

“I would never.” He mused, then the girl glanced over her shoulder.

“Let me walk you~”

“I’ll see you later then, oppa. Tell Baecob I say hi!” She said before jogging back to the stairs, he heard her call for Juyeon and the male paused.

Younghoon exhaled as the girl reached Juyeon, he watched as the younger male offered his arm to her. Ahyoung was smiling as they went up the steps to the campus.

“What do you think?” He felt Hyunjae nudge his shoulder, Younghoo turned to him.

“W—What?”

“Ahyoung seems relaxed around him, huh? Comfortable.” Hyunjae mused, Younghoon paused.

“You mean Lee Juyeon?”

“Yeah, I think they suit each other.”

 

 

 

“I don’t think it will work.” Chaerin commented as she continued typing on her phone, Kevin sighed and checked the time on his phone. The four were standing in line to get ice cream, and they only had twenty minutes left in their lunch break.

“Still, if we do the computations again, we may come up with..the closer answer.” Juyeon calmly supplied. Ahyoung remained quiet, a little sleepy.

“But the deadline is this afternoon.”

“Oh.” Juyeon blurted out, Kevin grinned at him.

“What are you getting?” Juyeon asked as he stood behind Ahyoung and planting his chin on the top of her head.

“I don’t know. Maybe I ate too much.”

“There’s no such thing as no space for ice cream, Ahyoung.” Kevin said, the girl smiled at him.

“I think it does not apply to me today.”

“Are you acting sick so that you can leave class and hop over the fence again?”

“I don’t hop. I climb~”

“No need to correct him.” Juyeon chuckled, slightly pulling her back to him. The girl made a face and Kevin laughed.

“Sometimes I get why you’d rather cut class; it can get too boring.” Kevin continued, Chaerin looked up from her phone and glanced at the three.

“No need to encourage her.” Juyeon chuckled, Chaerin’s eyes went to him and Ahyoung. And then back to Juyeon resting his chin on Ahyoung’s head, while his left arm was casually hanging over her shoulder. She quietly smiled to herself and proceeded to pretend as if she was still typing on her phone.

“Hey, we should do that before the school ends. You must take us to one of your excursions, Ahyoung-ah.” Kevin suggested, the girl started to grin.

“Juyeon’s been to one, right?”

“Yes, he’s accompanied me before. And, yes, we should do that before junior year ends,”

“Sounds like trouble. But I’m in.” Chaerin chimed in, Ahyoung nodded at her.

“Okay, we’re next. What are we getting?” Juyeon finally detached himself from the girl and walked ahead of them. Chaerin chewed on the insides of cheeks and hooked arms with Kevin.

“Did you notice?” She whispered.

“I did.” Kevin was chuckling as he replied, Ahyoung was leaning over the cart, choosing which ice cream to get.

“Ahyoung seemed okay with it, she’s always been comfortable around him.” Chaerin excitedly said.

“But that’s the problem, class president.” Kevin let out a small sigh.

“What?”

“Did Ahyoung notice?” Kevin pointed out, just as Ahyoung took an ice cream cone.

“I think the question really is, will she ever notice?” Chaerin puffed her cheeks as she looked at Juyeon’s smiling face again, he was waiting for the girl to walk up to him with their ice cream.

“I hope she does, and maybe give him a slightly difficult time first, he’s always had it easy with girls.”

Chaerin chuckled and they approached the two.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++