036

The Stealer

 

 

 

“Are you sure you called her back?” Hyunjae asked as his sister followed him to the doors, Ahyoung slung her backpack over her shoulder.

“I did, last night.” She replied as her brother made a face Chucky, she rolled her eyes.

“Well, I don’t want eomma blowing up my phone again, you know how she gets.” He pointed out as they walked out the house’s front doors.

“She thinks I’m being too mean to Ji Seonmi.”

“Well?” Hyunjae mused as they headed down the steps.

“I don’t think I am.” She shrugged as she brushed her hair down, Hyunjae was about to speak when he noticed something. Or someones.

Two someones.

“Are you not driving yourself to school today, darling?” He hummed at her, Ahyoung looked, perplexed.

“What are you~ Oh!” She paused, Juyeon was leaning against his car as he looked at her, he smiled slightly as she met his gaze. Hyunjae glanced at Sunwoo briefly, the male grinned at him.

“I didn’t know you were driving now, but still, ride with me.” Sunwoo pushed himself of his orange McLaren.

“I…Appa got me a car a few weeks back, I..We didn’t talk about it, huh?” She said, Sunwoo shrugged at her.

“Yeah, she got a car. But Juyeon still drives her to campus, she only drives when she feels like it.” Hyunjae commented, his eyes darting the other male.

“Well, if you two already made plans, I can go ahead.” Sunwoo mused back, Ahyoung turned to Juyeon.

“It’s fine,” Juyeon finally spoke, seeing the worried look on her face.

“I should have asked last night. Go with your friend.” He finished, the girl scrunched her nose briefly before glancing at Sunwoo again.

The other male had his raised brows, stunned by Juyeon’s reply.

Berry, this is Juyeon. Juyeon-ah, this is Sunwoo.” She begun, Hyunjae chuckled under his breath and hopped in his car.

“Hey, has she taught you how to scale fences by now?” Sunwoo mused as he approached them, he stretched his hand towards the male.

“She…showed me how to do it..once.” Juyeon murmured as he shook his offered palm, Sunwoo chuckled.

“Nice. Now how many teachers did she scare off~”

“Now’s not the time.” Ahyoung elbowed him in the ribs, Sunwoo made a face at her in reply.

“I’ll get going, see you in class.”

“Yes.” Ahyoung said, Juyeon nodded at the two and he walked around his car, but he paused. Sunwoo’s brows rose again.

“W—What?” Ahyoung blinked at him.

“I’ll see you in class, right?” Juyeon said with a teasing grin, Ahyoung exhaled before replying.

“Yes, I’ll be in school, seated on my seat, being in class. Happy now?” She said through gritted teeth, Sunwoo laughed and walked to his car.

“A little.” Juyeon mused before getting in the vehicle.

 

 

 

Chaerin ran her fingers through the books’ spines as she moved forward. She needed to read this article for her report, but she couldn’t find the book, even the school librarian gave up on helping her.

“Am I looking for some sort of ancient relic~”

“It’s not making any sense. No. He’s known her since she was little. We grew up together. He was there, always there.”

She paused, someone was mumbling a few shelves down.

“He was there when she started going out with the Jung boy. He didn’t even say anything, she even introduced them. How could he not say anything?”

Chaerin’s brows rose, the voice sounded so familiar. Too familiar.

“Would things have been better if he~”

Chaerin grimaced she suddenly pushed one of the books of the shelf, she heard faint footsteps walking towards her and she quickly grabbed the book.

“Chaerin-ah!” Hyunjae was looking at her, she pulled the damn book to her chest.

“S—Sunbae,”

“H-How long have you been in here? I mean, this part of the library.” He blurted out, she managed a small smile.

“A while…and, I..heard all that.”

“Ah, that? I’m still trying to make that..make sense.”

“What do you mean? Your sister’s very pretty, I kind of get Younghoon sunbae.” She blinked at him, Hyunjae paused but he smiled.

“I meant; how come he never did anything. No need to get all protective over Ahyoung, I don’t think she needs it.” He mused, Chaerin paused, and chewed on her lower lip.

“Has it ever occurred to you that…maybe he’s worried because you two are close, and he’s a good friend of yours?”

“Why would he be? I wouldn’t~”

Chaerin tilted her head at him, Hyunjae trailed off and he leaned against the shelf.

“If things were to end badly, sunbae, he’d lose her and their friendship. And it would be awkward with you as well.” She shrugged, she eyed the book in her hands and realized that it was the book she had been looking for, she smiled at the cover.

“So, are you saying one cannot go out with a sibling’s friend?” Hyunjae asked, his forehead creasing slightly, Chaerin hummed before speaking, she was still smiling at the book. And he couldn’t stop staring.

“Maybe? I don’t know, it depends on the situation. I think.” Chaerin nodded along.

“Really? If that’s how it is, then I’d be upset.”

“Why? I thought you were all for Juyeon and Ahyoung.” Chaerin chuckled at her words, it was still funny seeing how her best friend of over ten years trip over the spunky new student.

“You’re my sister’s friend. That would be upsetting.” He replied, Chaerin blinked, and she met his gaze.

“Yes?”

“It would if you wouldn’t give me a chance because you are friends with my sister.” Hyunjae said with a small smile, Chaerin halted, her fingers tightening around the poor book.

“S—Sunbae, I~”

“Go on a date with me, Chaerin-ah.”

“R—Right now?”

“Hmm, think it over first. I wouldn’t want you to think I’m rushing you.” Hyunjae smiled before reaching out to cup her cheek briefly.

“And, I like having both my limbs intact. Ahyoung will come for me if I mess things up.” He said before turning away from her, Chaerin swallowed before setting the book down.

“What.”

 

 

 

Ahyoung leaned on her desk as Sunwoo took his seat across Changmin and Chanhee.

“So, he’s your bestie?” Kevin chimed as he plopped down beside her, Juyeon was already in practice while the rest of the students were simply preparing for the school fair.

Yes.

“I’m glad you have him back.”

“Me too.” She mused at him just as Chaerin walked in with a rosy cheeked Juyeon, Ahyoung raised her brows at him.

“Coach gave us a twenty-minute break.” He shrugged as he leaned against her desk, he was already dressed in his jersey but put on the team’s matching hoodie. Sunwoo’s eyes went to the male.

“The others are just waiting for the paint to dry so we can move on to decorating the whole booth.” Ahyoung said to him as she pushed her untouched bottle of water towards the male.

“So, no checking out the seniors’ horror house today?” Juyeon mused as he opened the bottle and handed it to her, the girl shook her head and gestured for her to take it. Sunwoo tilted his head and leaned back on his seat.

“Oppa shooed me away.” She frowned at him, Juyeon smiled and took a long sip.

“How’s practice going?”

“Hell.”

“Nice.” She nodded along, Juyeon set the water down and turned to her.

“After school, do you want to go~”

“Cherry!” Sunwoo suddenly swooped in and stood behind her, the girl turned her head.

“Wanna grab dinner after painting whatever you have to paint?” He spoke, Chaerin and Chanhee looked up from their seats.

“That sounds great. As long as we don’t get barbeque.” She said to him, Sunwoo grinned and nodded.

“Great, I’ll make reservations for us.” Sunwoo pinched her cheek, Ahyoung was about to swat him away but he already hopped back to his seat. Juyeon picked up the bottle again.

“You were saying?” Ahyoung nudged him, the male shook his head.

“Nothing important. Want to walk me back to the court?”

“Why would I? To get hit by a ball again?”

“Almost.” Juyeon pointed out with a small grin, the girl made a face at him, but she was already standing up.

“I already promised I wouldn’t let you get hit.” He stated as he pushed himself off the table, Changmin met Sunwoo’s gaze briefly.

“I know, but then I’d see Hongjoong’s face again. Ugh.” She shuddered as she walked towards the door with him, Sunwoo saw how the girl hooked arms with the male and he smiled to himself.

“Well, you can always close your eyes when he’s in sight.” Juyeon offered as they left the classroom.

“Wow, I wonder why I haven’t thought of that, Lee Juyeon.”

He let out a laugh before casually hooking one arm around her shoulders.

“Don’t worry, I don’t think he’ll annoy you.”

Changmin hopped over to his friend, Sunwoo was typing on his phone.

“He was about to ask her out, you know.”

“I know, and so far your dribbling friend has not raised any red flags.” Sunwoo said jokingly, Changmin paused, perplexed.

“What?”

“Nothing. I’ll get going now.” Sunwoo patted his shoulder before standing up and taking his bag.

“Hey, school isn’t technically over in an~”

“That never stopped me or your cousin. See you tomorrow.”

“You have dinner with Ahyoung.” Changmin pointed out as he walked after him, Sunwoo grinned and showed his phone to the male.

“I just told her that I’m needed at home.” Sunwoo mused as he tugged on his backpack’s straps, Changmin grew quiet and continued staring at him.

“You’re a genius.”

“Depends.” Sunwoo chuckled back before leaving the room.

 

 

 

Ahyoung stared at the court briefly, her eyes studied her school’s players and pressed her lips together. She shook her head, the girl was about to pull away from the doors when she saw Juyeon chatting with some of his teammates, he was nodding along as one of the older boys spoke to him. He would occasionally grin and toss the basketball around with a smile on his face.

“Ridiculously good looking.” She muttered under her breath before ducking her head and leaving the court completely. She made her way towards the stairs and ran into a familiar face.

“Oppa,” She grinned at him, Younghoon paused briefly as he met her gaze.

“I’ve been trying to reach you, you’re pretty….absent lately.” She tilted her head at him as she walked with the male.

“Senior year, Young.” Younghoon’s answer was short, she glanced at him again.

“Oppa, are things okay?” She asked him, the male stopped walking and looked at her.

“Yes, I just…it’s been a busy week, and I know you’re elated that Sunwoo’s back. I didn’t want to get in the way.”

“You would never be in the way, Kim Younghoon.” She let out a good-natured scoff, the older male nodded in reply.

“Really?”

“Of course, anything for my other brother. My less annoying brother.” She mused back, Younghoon chewed on his lower lip before nodding back.

“Right.”

“Oppa, do you want to go eat out tonight? Sunwoo suddenly cancelled on me, and I don’t~”

“Ahyoung-ah,” He spoke, his hand landing on her shoulder, the girl paused and looked at him.

“I…I can’t tonight. Eomma..made plans for the family. Sorry.”

“It’s fine, I’ll just have to settle for my annoying brother.” She shrugged at him, Younghoon gave her a small smile before kissing the side of her head.

“I’m sure Hyunjae would be delighted. Goodbye.” He said softly before turning away from her, Ahyoung exhaled and watched as the older boy jogged back to the seniors’ area.

“Goodbye? What is he being so formal for?” Ahyoung snorted before hopping back to their classroom.

“Is oppa going somewhere? Weird.” She muttered under her breath before proceeding to help Changmin and Chanhee with their painting supplies.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++