(Episode 4) Chapter 19

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let's spread out and see if there is another suspect.” Jaesuk suggested once they were sure Gongmyung went home. They separated into their respective groups again.

“Firstly, we know the team came across someone who isn't Gongmyung in the school.” Jaewook told Sehun and Sunmi.

“Yes.” Sehun answered.

“I found it weird that Kwangsoo called out that he was on the fourth floor but when we looked around the corner, there was someone else there as well.” Sunmi admitted. They started walking up the stairs and soon reached the fifth floor.

“The fifth floor. He could be looking down from the top floor.” Jaewook said once they reached the top. Sunmi and Sehun stopped as Sunmi had to flex her shoulder as it had started bothering her.

“Hold on.” Jaewook suddenly said and the other two were immediately on high alert as he tried to look at something from afar.

“What does it say?” Jaewook asked them as he started walking towards what he saw. 

“This is the dance studio.” Sehun explained to Jaewook and Sunmi.

“Really?” Jaewook asked and Sehun nodded.

“Yes.”

“The lights are on. But it’s locked?” Sunmi asked as Sehun tried to open the door.

“Let's go that way.” Sehun pointed in another direction. They were investigating a fire exit at the stairs when they heard Kwangsoo’s voice again.

“Team, we are on the fourth floor! Fourth floor! We are on the fourth floor!”

“That sounds like Kwangsoo-oppa.” Sunmi said as they moved to go down to the fourth floor.

“Who is that?” Kwangsoo called out.

“He is coming this way.” Jaewook said as Kwangsoo’s voice got louder. They exited the stairs and bumped into a figure who was running. Jaewook and Sehun immediately grabbed him.

“Who are you?” Jaewook asked as he couldn’t see clearly because of the lack of light.

“It's Taehwan.” Kwangsoo said as he caught up.

“Taehwan. No way.” Jaewook asked in disbelief.

“Ah, hyung! It was like a scene from a movie.” Kwangsoo stated in amazement. They then turned their attention to the person they caught.

“What are you doing here at this hour?” Jaewook asked him.

“To be honest, I have used the scissors.” Taehwan admitted.

“You have used them?” Kwangsoo asked.

“Do you know where the scissors are?” Sehun asked.

“I came to find them.” Taehwan said.

“Are you left-handed, Taehwan-si?” Sunmi asked him.

“To be honest, I used them to cut something. They were left-handed scissors. I am right-handed.” Taehwan informed them.

“They were left-handed scissors. I recognized them in the picture. That's why…” Taehwan continued.

“Is that why you ran away?” Minyoung asked him.

“I was scared since I have used them.” Taehwan stated.

“Who's left-handed?” Kwangsoo asked him as he sat on the floor.

“Yooil is left-handed and Kangjoon is ambidextrous.” Taehwan let them know.

“Is he ambidextrous?” Minyoung said as the pieces started falling together.

“We determined Yooil isn't the killer.” Kwangsoo started.

“That leaves us with Kangjoon.” Minyoung concluded.

“It's Kangjoon.” Kwangsoo agreed.

“Also, Kangjoon was very sensitive about his family's financial struggles.” Jaewook added.

“He slammed his fist on the table at a tteokbokki place.” Kwangsoo recounted.

“Our evidence points to Kangjoon.” Minyoung said.

“It will be game over if we find the scissors and Kangjoon.” Kwangsoo stated.

“Here is the biggest problem we have. While we are certain that Kangjoon is the culprit, we need to find direct evidence, the left-handed scissors. If we have the scissors, he won't be able to deny the claim. We need the location of the scissors.” Jaewook stressed how important finding the scissors are. Once they sent Taehwan home, they all split up to look for the scissors.

“Oppa, I have to use the restroom.” Sunmi told Sehun as they walked together. Sehun nodded and waited for her outside while looking around. Sunmi used the restroom as quickly as she could, when she got out, she saw Sehun talking to Kangjoon, she hurriedly approached them. She heard someone behind her and saw Sejeong approaching as well.

“It's you, Kangjoon. Let me ask you something. Did anyone look through your bag?” Sejeong asked as the two girls got to him and Sehun.

“No.” Kangjoon answered.

“Let us look at your bag.” Sunmi told him as Sejeong grabbed his backpack strap.

“Why?” Kangjoon asked.

“We have to look through his bag.” Sejeong told Sunmi and Sehun as she removed the bag from him.

“Oppa, help me hold onto him.” Sunmi said but Kangjoon pushed her off and made a run for it.

“Why is it always me.” Sunmi whispered to herself as she took a deep breath before running after Kangjoon.

“Get him!” Sejeong was screaming.

“Hold onto him. Get him!” Sejeong instructed Sehun.

“We should have held him tighter.”Sunmi said as she caught up to Sejeong and hurriedly passed her.

“Oppa, get him. I’m right behind you.” Sunmi called out as she saw that Sehun had almost caught up to Kangjoon.

“Hang on.” Sehun called out to Kangjoon as he caught him. Sunmi was just a few steps behind and pretty soon, Sejeong caught up as well. They made him sit down on the floor so they could catch their breaths. A few moments later, Kwangsoo and Minyoung appeared.

“It's you, isn't it? I knew it was you.” Kwangsoo said as he reached where they were.

“I'll tell you who the real culprit is.” Kangjoon told them.

“Where are the scissors?” Kwangsoo tried to search him.

“What scissors? I don't have any.” Kangjoon told them.

“If we find them, we're handcuffing you.” Kwangsoo threatened.

“Make sure he doesn't run.” Minyoung instructed.

“Just once.” Sehun said as he searched Kangjoon.

“They aren't here.” Kwangsoo said disappointedly.

“There's nowhere to hide scissors.” Mniyoung observed.

“Damn it.” Sehun was frustrated.

“We just have to find the scissors.” Kwangsoo said.

“Gosh.” Sehun said once again as they had no idea where the scissors were.

“We have him, but there's no evidence. Just get the handcuffs ready.” Kwangsoo instructed.

“Well, then… I'll get going.” Kangjoon said, trying to head off.

“Wait.”Kwangsoo told him.

“What is it?” Kangjoon asked.

“Hyung, did you find the scissors?” Kwangsoo asked as he saw Jaesuk and Jongmin approaching.

“Hey, Kangjoon.” Jaesuk greeted, and everyone there looked at him with high expectations.

“Handcuff him.” Jaesuk continued.

“Let's look at the evidence first.” Kangjoon stated, not going down without a fight.

“We found out why Kangjoon came to the school. He didn't come because of curiosity after getting the text. He came here to get rid of the evidence, the weapon he used for the murder.” Jaewook started saying.

“But unfortunately for him, we found it first.” Jaewook continued.

“What's it?” Sehun asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter