Chapter 4 – Crossed Destiny

Secret Bond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

6 MONTH LATER

 

Taeyeon visits her friend’s house on the weekend. Tiffany and Sooyoung have been good friends since high school. Every secret and things that happened to her, they were the first people to know. However, her meeting with Jiyong she never told anyone. For Taeyeon, it was a memory she had to keep to herself.

“Hey, when show times?” Taeyeon asked while watching the TV.

“Evening ... around 4 o'clock” Tiffany replied while munch her snack.

“What time does Sooyoung come home? Do we have to wait for her?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yup, she asked us to wait for her to come home” Tiffany replied.

That day, the three of them promised to watch a movie together. However, because Sooyoung is runs her own business. She has to work on weekdays as well.

For Taeyeon and Tiffany, working as architects, weekdays are the most awaited day to relax and have fun.

“Hey, what about the design of the XYZ building? Still in the process?” Tiffany asked.

“Don't ask that. It makes me angry. At the end, there is still no final word. They think I had free time to wait for them to make a decision?” Taeyeon said furiously.

Tiffany grin after she hear Taeyeon said that.

“That's what we have to face. Customers with their behavior...” Tiffany replied.

“I should give this project to you. I can have another project to fulfill.” Taeyeon said jokingly.

“Don’t you dare think about that. I'm already full of Mr. Lee's projects,” Tiffany replied to refuse.

Taeyeon just chuckles after Tiffany said that.

Suddenly Taeyeon's phone rang. She saw his brother Jiwoong's number on the screen. She just let the ringing stop. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and asks

“Jiwoong oppa?”

Taeyeon nodded lazily.

“Why? He still wants to introduce you to his friend?” Tiffany asked.

“More than that…” Taeyeon replied.

“What?” Tiffany asked curiously.

“He asked me to marry his friend. The reason ... he is indebted to that friend. Nonsense!” Taeyeon replied annoy.

“He WHAT?” Tiffany asked surprised.

Taeyeon nodded before she says

“He kept praise his friend at omma. Besides, I don't like his friend. He's look like an old uncle...”

Tiffany laughs after Taeyeon said that.

“Isn't his picture in your phone? That old uncle?” Tiffany asked.

“Yup, that one…” Taeyeon replied while rolling her eyes annoy.

Tiffany continue laugh before she says

“Well, at least he still had senses of style for his age.”

“Humph! It's because he's have money. Money can buy everything, and he's already bought Jiwoong oppa...” Taeyeon replied irate.

“Hurm... what can you do. Your oppa business is depending on his money. But, I hope he didn't to obsess to sell you to his friend” Tiffany said.

“Over my dead body” Taeyeon replied firmly.

“Arasso… arasso… calm down. Don’t stress about this,” Tiffany said try to cool down Taeyeon.

 

 

 

AT CINEMA

 

“You're late and you the one should buy us popcorn,” Tiffany said to Sooyoung.

“Well, I already say sorry!” Sooyoung replied with pout.

“Okay…okay…I’ll go. Don’t fight” Taeyeon said to stop them from argue.

“Tae is the best…” Sooyoung replied while she sticks out her tongue to Tiffany.

Tiffany just narrows her eyes when she saw that. Taeyeon shakes her head before she went to go buy them popcorn.

 

 

At the same place, Jiyong stood watching the movie show time before he bought the tickets. While he was watching the board, suddenly someone came up to him and said

“Do you want caramel popcorn? I go buy it”

“Okay… and don't forget the chips” Jiyong replied.

“I know… I’m your noona…” Dami said before she went to buy them the snack.

Jiyong smiles before he goes to buy them movie tickets.

 

 

Taeyeon walked over while carrying two boxes of popcorn with her. Inadvertently, someone bumped into Taeyeon shoulder and one of Taeyeon popcorn fell off.

“Oh, I’m so sorry” Taeyeon said to apologies.

“Oh no… your popcorn…” Dami said when she saw popcorn strewn on the floor.

“It’s okay. I’m sorry for bumped into you,” Taeyeon said keep apologies.

“No. I’m sorry…What should I do?” Dami asked with mixed feelings.

“Don’t bother. I can get another one” Taeyeon replied try to comfort her.

“Hurm…” Dami look at Taeyeon and then she gives her popcorn to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon look confused when Dami doing that.

“Just take it. I can buy another. This is to replace the one that fell” Dami said with smiles.

“But…” Taeyeon replied try to refused.

“I’m really sorry… just take it” Dami said before she leaves her with mixed feelings.

 

 

“What took you so long?” Sooyung asked after Taeyeon come back.

“I bumped into someone, she gave her popcorn to us because ours popcorn fall.” Taeyeon said to explain.

“Ouh… that’s nice” Tiffany replied while she take one of the popcorn from Taeyeon.

“Okay, let’s go. The movie is about to begin” Taeyeon said while walk toward the entrance.

After that, three of them walk to go to their cinema room.

 

 

“Are you sure that you give it to a girl? Not man?” Jiyong asked suspiciously after Dami comeback without his popcorn.

“Yah! Don't you trust me? Why I have to lie to you?” Dami asked firmly.

“Then should I trust you? It's not the first time you lie at me...” Jiyong replied sarcastically.

Dami look at Jiyong with sulky face after he said that.

“That's different. Omma is the one asked me to lie at you...” Dami said while pout.

“Yeah, I know... that's why I have to be careful with you and omma drama.” Jiyong replied while lift his eyebrows.

“Hurm… at least we have these chips” Dami said try to comfort her little brother.

Jiyong look at her for a while before he shakes his head. Suddenly, he saw someone he knew pass by them. Jiyong was stunned when he saw a face he had met before. Unconsciously, he ran towards the path of the person but when he reached the alley, no one was there except a few people walking. He feels as if he sees her but still disappointed him.

“Yah! What are you doing?” Dami asked when Jiyong suddenly ran.

“I think I saw someone…” Jiyong mutter but can be hear by Dami.

“Who?” Dami asked while looking around.

Jiyong didn’t answer her. Dami look at him with suspicious when she saw Jiyong behave strangely.

“No one. Let’s go” Jiyong suddenly replied and then both of them go to their cinema room.

 

 

 

ANOTHER 6 MONTH LATER

KOREA NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF ARTS

 

That day, Taeyeon sent her little sister, Hayeon to university. Hayeon is a second semester student of the university. Her desire to be like her sister Taeyeon almost became a reality after she got a scholarship to further her studies in interior design. After their father passed away, Jiwoong and Taeyeon began to take over the responsibility of raising Hayeon. While Jiwoong is busy with his café business, Taeyeon is the only one that Hayeon always hoped for helping her.

“Why should I have to send you while you can ride a bus?” Taeyeon grumble while driving the car.

Hayeon grin teasingly after Taeyeon said that.

“... because you owe me. Remember last week's?” Hayeon replied while lift her eyebrows. 

Taeyeon look at her with annoy after she's mention the last week incident again.

Last week, Jiwoong brought his friends to dinner with their family to be introduced to Taeyeon. However, with Hayeon's help, they both managed to escape from the dinner together. With that, Hayeon took that advantage by having Taeyeon send it to campus.

“Argh… my stomach” suddenly Taeyeon said after she feel hurt in her stomach.

“Why? What happen?” Hayeon asked worried.

“Natural calling…” Taeyeon replied while her hand touches her stomach.

“Euww… don’t fart in here!” Hayeon said while she closes her nose afterward.

“Shut up or I let it here” Taeyeon replied jokingly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter