Chapter 10 – Growing feelings

Secret Bond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

TWO WEEK LATER

KWON BUNGALOW

 

That week, Jiyong went home alone without Dami. He intends to have dinner with his parents after weeks of not meeting them.

“Omma” Jiyong call Mrs. Kwon after he enters the living room.

“Omo, Jiyong! You’re come!” Mrs. Kwon said excitedly.

Jiyong hugs her tightly to release his longing.

“Where is appa?” Jiyong asked hesitated.

“He’s upstairs. I’ll call him,” Mrs. Kwon said before she gets up but Jiyong stop her and says

“It’s okay. Let him be”

Mrs. Kwon looks at her son with mixed feelings. After Jiyong was kicked out of the house, her life always missed her son. However, she has agreed with her husband's decision and in the end, she just hid her feelings.

“So, what are you doing here? Where is Dami?” Mrs. Kwon asked.

“I… just want to have dinner with you” Jiyong replied.

“Omo… that’s great. What do you want to eat? I’ll cook!” Mrs. Kwon asked wit happy.

Jiyong smiles when he saw his mother smiling.

“Anything as long it’s from you” Jiyong said while smiling.

“Good, I’ll go prepare the ingredients. Would you like to have some coffee? Tea?” Mrs. Kwon asked.

Jiyong shakes his head and then say

“I’m fine. Can I go to look my room?”

“Sure, honey. It’s still your room. Go and get some rest. I’ll call you later” Mrs. Kwon replied while she touches Jiyong face gently.

Afterward, she went into the kitchen meanwhile Jiyong to upstairs to his room.

 

 

 

Jiyong enter his room after so long. He looked around and the condition of the room was still the same. The room is still neat and tidy without any visible dust. Jiyong feel touched when he realized how his mother took care of his room nicely. Jiyong walks towards his camera rack, and he sees everything is still in good condition. He took one of the cameras and then tries to use it.

Click!

Click!

“Hurm…it still function nicely” Jiyong mutter alone.

Suddenly, Jiyong remember his old photo album that he makes after he come back from Aarhus. He went to look at the rack and saw the album still there. He took the album and then brings it to the bed. Jiyong lay on the bed while his hand opens the album.

Inside, there are pictures he took while on holiday in Aarhus. And what caught his attention was a picture of Taeyeon that he secretly took. Jiyong smiled widely when he saw Taeyeon pictures.

“What should I do with this photo?” Jiyong mutter while he’s stares at the photo.

Then he took one of the pictures of Taeyeon and put it in his wallet. After that, he continues looking at the album until he's fell asleep.

 

 

 

“Today is special day?” Mr. Kwon asked when he saw special dishes on the table.

“Well… it’s for Jiyong” Mrs. Kwon replied happily.

“Did he come back?” Mr. Kwon asked surprised.

Mrs. Kwon nodded. Mr. Kwon make serious face after he saw Mrs. Kwon nodded.

“Yeobo, please… don’t argue with him. He just wants to have dinner with us” Mrs. Kwon said try to make her husband calm.

“If he didn’t test me, I’m fine with that” Mr. Kwon replied firmly.

“I’ll make sure he not does that,” Mrs. Kwon said with smiles.

“So, where is he?” Mr. Kwon asked.

“In his room. I’ll call him,” Mrs. Kwon replied before she went to Jiyong room.

Moment later, Mrs. Kwon come back with Jiyong follow from behind.

“Appa…” Jiyong greet him awkwardly.

“Hmm…” Mr. Kwon replied.

Mrs. Kwon smiles before she signs Jiyong to have a seat while she goes to get rice for them.

“What make you come here to have dinner with us?” Mr. Kwon asked firmly.

“Nothing… just want to meet omma” Jiyong replied.

Mr. Kwon looks at him for a while before he says

“I bought a new branch, I hope you can manage it for me...”

Jiyong sigh deeply before he reply

“You know I don't want it.”

“Till when? You're the only hope I have to manage the company...” Mr. Kwon said firmly.

“I told you, I'm not interested. If you really want it, just give it to noona.” Jiyong replied.

“You're too much! I'm just asking you for your good sake.” Mr. Kwon said.

“I come here with good intent, just want to have a silent good dinner with my parents. Not to talk about this...” Jiyong replied with mixed feelings.

“Then, you should go. I don't want to have dinner with you,” Mr. Kwon said with firm.

Jiyong feel so upset when his appa said that. He then gets up from the chair furiously but Mrs. Kwon stops him and asks

“Where are you going?”

“I shouldn't come here at first” Jiyong replied and then he leave the house with upset.

“What are you said to him?” Mrs. Kwon asked firmly.

However, Mr. Kwon just ignores his wife and continues to eat his dinner. Mrs. Kwon burst into tears after what just happen. After so long they were able to eat together, finally Jiyong left without touching anything. Mrs. Kwon went to her room and let out her sadness alone.

 

 

 

JIWOONG CAFÉ

 

While Jiwoong was packing up his cafe before closing, Jiyong came with some cans of beer he bought to drink with Jiwoong.

“You have time to drink with me?” Jiyong asked while grin.

Jiwoong smiles before he nodded.

That night, Jiyong is drunken himself after what happened between him and his appa. Jiwoong just accompany him without asking him what happen.

“It is okay for you drink this much? Don't you have to teach tomorrow?” Jiwoong asked worried.

Jiyong chuckles before he says

“You know what so funny? It's when we think we doing a right but people keep blame it”

Jiwoong look at Jiyong strangely. He never sees Jiyong drunk like this.

“What happen?” Jiwoong asked curiously.

Jiyong shakes his head while smiling.

“You know what? I'm so happy...so happy with I'm doing... but... he never see that...” Jiyong said but suddenly he burst into tears.

Jiwoong startled when he saw Jiyong crying.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Jiwoong asked worried.

Jiyong shakes his head with smiles but his eyes showing grief.

“I'm jealous of you... your family... you have very...very... nice family. Imo... she's very nice to me...” Jiyong said while looking at Jiwoong.

“Yes, she is” Jiwoong replied to agree with Jiyong.

“…and you…you nice too” Jiyong said while smiling.

Jiwoong smiles after Jiyong said that.

“Your siblings… Taeyeon… Hayeon… Hayeon… she’s cute…” Jiyong said before he sips his drink again.

Jiwoong just stares at Jiyong with mixed feelings.

“… and Taeyeon… Taeyeon…what should I say about her....ermm... she's...” Jiyong continue said but his word stops when he was unconscious afterwards.

“Jiyong?” Jiwoong call his name.

Jiwoong move his shoulder but no sign from him.

“Hurm… now I have to send him home” Jiwoong mutter while look at Jiyong.

 

 

 

KIM APARTMENT

 

After sending Jiyong, Jiwoong returned home at 1 am. He enter the home slowly for not to wake anyone. Suddenly, someone pat his back. Jiwoong startled when he saw Taeyeon is standing behind him while holding a glass of water.

“Yah! You startled me!” Jiwoong said whisper.

“You just came home? At this hour?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“Suhhh… slowly. Omma will hear us,” Jiwoong said whisper.

Taeyeon inhaled the smell of alcohol from Jiwoong's body.

“Did you drink?” Taeyeon asked while frown.

“You can smell it?” Jiwoong asked surprised.

Taeyeon nodded.

“Are you drunk?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“No! I just accompany Jiyong. He's the one that drunk. I just send him back home.” Jiwoong said to explain.

“Jiyong?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“Yeah, I don't know what happen to him today, but he seems to look very sad” Jiwoong replied.

Taeyeon didn’t replied him afterward.

“...and you? Why you still awake?” Jiwoong asked.

“I’m thirsty.” Taeyeon replied while she lifts the glass to Jiwoong see.

“Arasso… it’s already late. Go to sleep. I have to remove this alcohol smell or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter