Chapter 26 – broken-hearted

Secret Bond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“The choice is yours…”

Those words keep repeating in her mind after she leaves Yihan office. Before she leaves, she asked for time for her to think about that. Yihan agree and give her a day to give her answer. Now, she is sitting nearby the Hangang River, alone. Taeyeon looks at the river but her mind already miserable. In that situation, Taeyeon know she can't be selfish.

After she saw Jiwoong crying last night, her omma face and Hayeon, she felt sad to think about that. If she continued to be selfish, her family will lost their apartment and Jiwoong lost his café.

However, Jiyong is not guilty in here. She can't hurt him like that. She loved him, and she knew Jiyong have same feelings toward her, but to leave him is the things she'll never think about it. When she with Jiyong, she feels happy. The happy she'll never can't get it anymore if she left him.

 

Taeyeon POV

“What should I do…?”

 

Taeyeon lean her head on the knee, and then she cries. She let all her pressure out with her tears. For a moment, she felt so lonely. She can't tell Tiffany and Sooyoung because she didn't want them to worry about her. Meanwhile, Hayeon, she doesn't know why she felt her little sister keeps distance from her. She felt so sad after think about that.

Suddenly, her phone is ringing. She saw it's her omma numbers. She wipes her tears and then takes a deep breath to calm down before she picks up the call.

“Taeyeon?” Mrs. Kim greets.

“Nae, omma…” Taeyeon replied.

“You know where oppa is? I can’t reach him,” Mrs. Kim asked with worried.

Taeyeon sigh after she heard that.

“Why you’re looking for him?” Taeyeon asked without answering her omma.

“I don’t know… I feel uneasy after he left this morning. I think he go to meet Yihan. Could anything happen to him?” Mrs. Kim asked worried.

“Omma… calm down. Oppa is fine,” Taeyeon replied to comfort her.

“Are you sure? Ah… I don’t feel that way. I need to meet Yihan” Mrs. Kim said.

“Omma…omma… please, listen to me… Oppa is fine. I’ll find him for you,” Taeyeon replied to stop Mrs. Kim to meet Yihan.

“Please, Tae. I feel uneasy after Yihan come this morning… Please, go find him.” Mrs. Kim said while crying.

“Nae, omma… I will. You stay there. Is Hayeon at home?” Taeyeon asked.

“No… she still at campus” Mrs. Kim replied while weeping.

“Okay…you wait at house. I’ll find oppa for you” Taeyeon said try to comfort her omma.

“Nae… take care, Tae. Please let me know if anything happen” Mrs. Kim said before she ended the calls.

Taeyeon look at the river and then take a deep breath.

“So… I have no choice then…” Taeyeon mutter alone.

After that, she takes her phone and dial Hayeon numbers.

“Hello,Hayeon?” Taeyeon greet.

“Yes?” Hayeon replied.

“You still have things to do at campus?” Taeyeon asked.

“I have class after this…” Hayeon replied.

“Hurm… okay. But will you come back to home after that? Omma is alone in the house. She kept asking me to find oppa. Can you accompany her before we be back?” Taeyeon asked.

“O…key. What happen?” Hayeon asked suspiciously.

“I’ll tell you later” Taeyeon replied and then she ended the call.

 

Taeyeon POV

“Just do it. No more turn back anymore...”

 

After that, she texting someone and then she walks to leave the place with determination.

 

 

 

KOREA NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF ARTS

 

Jiyong stop his car after he saw Hayeon is sitting at the bus stop alone.

“Hayeon!” Jiyong call her.

Hayeon startled after she saw Jiyong in the car calling her name.

“Mr. Kwon…” Hayeon replied hesitated.

“Where are you going?” Jiyong asked.

“I’m going back home” Hayeon replied.

“What? This hours? Don’t you have any class?” Jiyong asked.

“Hurm... Omma is alone at home…unnie…ask me to accompany omma” Hayeon replied hesitated.

The truth, after Taeyeon asked that, she's decided to skip the class and asked her friend to take note for her. She also felt uneasy after what just happen to them this morning.

Jiyong look at her for a while before he says

“Come, let me send you,”

“Oh, it’s okay, Mr. Kwon…” Hayeon replied to refuse.

“Nope… come, let me send you home,” Jiyong said to insist.

Hayeon hesitated for a while, but then when Jiyong is already open the door for her, she just gets up from the seat and get in the car.

“Thank you, Mr. Kwon” Hayeon said after she close the door.

“Don’t be. Besides, we’re in the same way…” Jiyong replied before he starts to drive the car.

For a moment, no one is talking. Hayeon prefer to look outside the window meanwhile Jiyong is focusing on his driving.

“Did something happen to make Taeyeon asked you to go back?” Jiyong asked to break the silent.

“Oh! Nothing, Mr. Kwon. Omma just feel worry about oppa” Hayeon replied.

“Jiwoong? What happen to him?” Jiyong asked curiously.

For a moment, Hayeon felt like she had accidentally spills a word to him. From Jiyong reaction, Hayeon know that Taeyeon didn't tell him anything about what just happen to their family.

“Ermm… nothing. He just… have a problem with his cafe” Hayeon replied try to cover her words before.

“His café had a problem?” Jiyong asked while frown.

 

Hayeon POV

“Argh... did I tell him again? Just shut up, Hayeon...!”

 

Hayeon just chuckles awkwardly before she says

“Well… usual things…”

Jiyong turn look at Hayeon for a while and after that, no one is talking.

 

 

 

 

HOTEL BAR

 

After she's texting Yihan to meet him, he asked her to come at hotel bar. Taeyeon enter the bar slowly while her head is looking around. Then, one of the staff some to approach her and asks

“I’m here to meet Jin Yihan?” Taeyeon said.

“Oh, come. Follow me” the staff said while he Taeyeon to a private room.

Taeyeon follow him but her mind is already thinking a lot what she has to say after meet him.

“He’s in there. Waiting for you” the staff, said before he open the door for her.

Taeyeon hesitated for a while before her step inside the room with brave.

“I never think to meet you again this fast... you only take...hurm... few hours to make a decision?” Yihan asked sarcastically after he saw Taeyeon enter the room.

Taeyeon look at him with irate after he said that.

“So… did you already make a choice?” Yihan asked before he sips his drink.

“Yes… but” Taeyeon replied.

“Hurm… but… please… I don’t wanna hear but… just say it…” Yihan said to interrupt her words.

Taeyeon sigh before she says

“Fine. I agree with your condition”

Yihan laugh after Taeyeon said that.

“It’s true what I’m heard it?” Yihan asked while laughs.

“Yes, I agree to be with you but you have to do it what you promise to me before” Taeyeon replied firm.

Yihan look at her with suspicious eyes after she said that.

“Then, what about Jiyong?” Yihan asked curiously.

Taeyeon didn’t respond him for a while.

“Are you trying to deceive me?” Yihan asked suspiciously.

“No! I’m not…” Taeyeon replied firm.

“So… what are you going to do with Jiyong?” Yihan asked again firmly.

“I'll leave him,” Taeyeon said while her heart hurt to say that.

Yihan look at her with suspicious before he asks

“How can I trust that?”

“I'll do whatever you want me to do... if you don't want me to see him, I'll do it but... let me settle things with him by my own... and you... pull the report that you make to Jiwoong oppa.” Taeyeon said firm.

Yihan stares at her for a while before he says

“If you said that... okay. I'll trust you, but if you're trying to lie me, then... I won't spare it anymore. I'll do anything to make you regret it.”

After th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter