Chapter 31 – losing

Secret Bond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

KWON BUNGALOW

 

That night, Jiyong have dinner with his family. After a long time not gathering, Mrs. Kwon cooks a special dish for her family that night.

“Honey, this is delicious,” Mr. Kwon said while munch his foods.

“Well… that’s my specialty” Mrs. Kwon replied proudly.

Dami and Jiyong are smiling toward their parent’s conversation.

“So Dami, how’s the wedding preparation?” Mrs. Kwon asked.

“Still ongoing… but we decided to take it slowly. With the sudden project from Hong Kong, we have to make sure everything is fine.” Dami replied.

“So, you two decided to postpone the wedding?” Mrs. Kwon asked while frown.

“We thought so... but the preparation still ongoing, don't worry.” Dami replied try to calm down Mrs. Kwon.

“I can’t understand with you two…” Mrs. Kwon said while shakes her head.

“Well… at least, she knows what she’s doing…” Mr. Kwon replied to defend his daughter.

“Yeah…yeah… business people can relate…” Mrs. Kwon said while smiling.

After that, Mrs. Kwon looks at her son that remains silent during the dinner.

“Jiyong? Are you okay?” Mrs. Kwon asked curiously.

Jiyong startled when he hears Mrs. Kwon call his name.

“Yeah…” Jiyong replied shortly.

Dami look at him and then she ask

“Did you ask appa yet?”

Jiyong turn to Dami after she asked that.

“Ask me what?” Mr. Kwon asked while look at his child.

Dami signal Jiyong to say it but Jiyong shakes his head to refuse.

“If you don't have anything to say then eat,” Mr. Kwon said before he continues eating his foods.

Dami rolling her eyes when Jiyong didn’t say anything. Mrs. Kwon noticed the situation and then she ask

“Yeobo, can you help Jiyong?”

Jiyong startled when his omma asked that.

“What kind of help?” Mr. Kwon asked while look at Jiyong.

Jiyong hesitated for a while before he says

“I need to buy a café of my friend to help him”

Mr. Kwon didn’t respond him afterward.

“I know this request is too sudden, but I really need you... appa... help me with this...” Jiyong continue with mixed feelings.

“What can I get from this?” Mr. Kwon asked firm.

Jiyong look at him without answering him.

“I'm a businessman. If I want to buy something, I should know the profit for my company. I won't buy just because you ask me to do that...” Mr. Kwon continues with firm.

Jiyong turn to look at his omma and Dami. After that, he looks at his appa and then asks

“What you want me to do?”

Mr. Kwon smirks before him lean on the chair.

“I didn't ask much... but... my terms are... I want you continue back your MBA that you didn't finish before... quit from be the lecturer and help me with the company.” Mr. Kwon said firmly.

“This is unfair! You know I hate that...” Jiyong replied with upset.

“If you want my help, then accept it or... just forget to get my help...” Mr. Kwon said with firm.

Jiyong scoff before he says

“I shouldn't ask your help at first... never mind, I will find my own way...”

After he said that, Jiyong went to his room with angry. Mrs. Kwon and Dami look at each other with mixed feelings.

Mrs. Kwon look at her husband and then she ask

“You really have to do that?”

“You're known me better why I'm doing this...” Mr. Kwon said before he continues eating his foods.

Dami sigh deeply before she sips her drink.

 

 

 

 

Mrs. Kwon brings a dessert to Jiyong room after the dinner. She knocked the door, but no answer from inside. When she opens the door, she saw Jiyong is on the bed playing with his phone. Mrs. Kwon shakes her head slowly before she says

“I bring you pudding”

Jiyong get up from his lay when he saw Mrs. Kwon enter the room.

“Omma, you don’t have to bring in here. I can go get by myself,” Jiyong replied before he takes the pudding from Mrs. Kwon hands.

“After what just happened? I don't think so...” Mrs. Kwon said while smirks.

Jiyong giggle before his spoon the pudding and eat it.

“Hmmm… delicious…” Jiyong said before he eats another bite.

Mrs. Kwon smiles when she saw Jiyong eat the dessert.

“Finish it…” Mrs. Kwon said while looking at Jiyong.

“Nae…” Jiyong replied with smiles.

For a moment, no one is talking until Dami appear in front of the door.

“Jiyong…” Dami call his name.

“Noona… don’t make that face,” Jiyong said when he saw Dami gloomy face.

“Yah! Why you have to be stubborn?” Dami asked firm before she seat on the bed beside Jiyong.

“WHAT? Me stubborn?” Jiyong asked disbelief.

“Yeah… don’t you want to settle the problem?” Dami asked curiously.

“Of course… but not with that nonsense terms” Jiyong replied firm.

“Aigoo… what is in your mind? So, now tell me how you want to settle it?” Dami asked with curious.

“I don’t know yet… but I will think about it” Jiyong replied hesitated.

Mrs. Kwon looks at them with mixed feelings. Even she doesn't know the actual problem but from the conversation, she knew Jiyong do that because of his friend.

“Hey you two… stop arguing” Mrs. Kwon said.

“Omma… advice him, please. He such an ego man” Dami said with disappointed.

“Whatever… at least, I won't fooled by appa plan...” Jiyong replied to defend himself.

Mrs. Kwon sighs deeply before she says

“Jiyong, what appa doing is for your future...”

“Omma, by push me doing the things I hate is not for my future...it's for his own benefit. After a few years, he still didn't understand me...” Jiyong replied.

“…then, did you try to understand him too?” Dami asked sarcastically.

“Noona… I understand... he's hoping me to manage the company just like you, but you can't make me leave the things I really love to do it now. I know... I missed the opportunity with his help, but I worked hard to get to this point... he can't force me to leave everything.” Jiyong replied softly try to make them understand him.

Mrs. Kwon and Dami didn’t respond after Jiyong said that.

“I can find another way to settle these things.” Jiyong continue afterward.

Mrs. Kwon saw Dami disappointed face but then she says

“Jiyong… as omma, I respect your decision... but... I do hope you can consider more about appa words. You know that we really love you. Perhaps, sometimes our words here to harsh for you, but we didn't mean that way...we are old, Jiyong. We don't expect anything more, but to see our children happy. That's all...”

Mrs. Kwon rubs Jiyong hair gently while she said that. Dami eyes start to get tears after Mrs. Kwon said that.

“Omma…” Jiyong said before he went to hugs Mrs. Kwon.

Mrs. Kwon smiles before she replies Jiyong hugs.

“I'm sorry if I keep make you worried about me. I know I'm a stubborn child, but I'm thankful to have you as an omma. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing.” Jiyong said while try to hold his emotion.

At the same time, Mr. Kwon that standing outside the room eavesdrop all the conversation. He sighs deeply before he went to his room with mixed feelings.

 

 

 

 

Mrs. Kwon seat on the bed while her husband still with his phone in hand.

“Yeobo…” she calls her husband softly.

“Hmmm…” Mr. Kwon replied while his eyes on phone.

“Can we talk?” Mrs. Kwon asked.

“Sure…” Mr. Kwon replied before he put the phone beside before he turn to face his wife.

“About Jiyong…” Mrs. Kwon hesitated to continue her words.

“Forget about it… I don’t want to argue with you about him…” Mr. Kwon said try to stop his wife words.

“Can’t you drop the terms?” Mrs. Kwon asked hesitated.

Mr. Kwon looks at his wife for a while before his reply

“You spoiled him too much”

“…He's the only son we have...” Mrs. Kwon said.

“I know… that’s why I have to do this…” Mr. Kwon replied firm.

Mrs. Kwon sighs after she hears that.

“Hey, don't you worry. I know what I'm doing... stop frowning...” Mr. Kwon continues with smiles.

Mrs. Kwon smiles before she says

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter