Positive

Surrogate

 

Ryeowook was feeding her father the next morning and couldn't stop smiling thinking about yesterday's late lunch. When Kyuhyun dared her to answer whether he should hug her at that moment, she had vigorously shook her head but he still stood up, grabbed a serviette to wipe his hand, and sat next to her!! This man! 

So he had pulled her into his arm and yes, she felt so comfortable and safe, and he only let go because she had cheekily asked "Thank you for providing that, so can I continue eating?". 

Her father, Mr Kim, looked at her with a smiling and appreciative eyes. He was happy if his daughter was happy, and he knew it must have got something to do with that kind young man, what was his name again? Kyuhyun? 

Ryeowook noticed that her father's eyes were smiling. "Why appa?" she smilingly asked him and finished up pouring the milk into his tube.  She started cleaning up the tube "Is it because I was smiling?" and when her father gave a slight node, Ryeowook giggled. "KyuKyu is such a gentleman and so caring. And I like him a lot" she smile, tugging him properly and kissed his forehead. "I go to work first, appa. See you later okay?" and she squeezed her father's hand and waved at him. 

On Saturday, Kyuhyun waited patiently for her near the cafe. They were going to watch a movie, Parasite. He wasn't sure whether it was a good choice because there was a killing scene, but she was the one who wanted to watch it.  Ryeowook came out but was stopped by a guy in a motorbike. They talked for a while, and then he handed her a helmet. Ryeowook shook her head, bent slightly to bid farewell and had started to walk off when that guy stopped her again. 

"What the heck. Who is he?" Kyuhyun was ready to get out of his car. But then he saw Ryeowook started walking towards his car. 

"Hi, sorry I'm late. Madam nagged at us for one cracked plate. The other staff accidentally dropped it because it was oily and Madam saw the cracked and asked all 4 of us to stand in a row and started nagging". 

Kyuhyun reached over and pulled her into a hug. He let her rest her head in his chest to comfort her. 

He let her go and said "Your boss  needs to cool down. It was just a cracked plate!" and then he asked casually "By the way, who was that guy just now?" 

Ryeowook turned and looked at Kyuhyun, "Hyunshik. He worked here last time, but he left, and now he's working at Uniqlo" she said and then put on her seat belt.. 

"Hmmm.. and..... he wants to fetch you?" Kyuhyun probe more. 

"Yes. Off and on he would come over if he finished work around this time. He just bought a bike so that's why he offered to send me home" Ryeowook replied, and turned to him "I have no feelings for him, so don't get the wrong idea..." 

"Seems to me that he likes you though.... " 

"Ermmmm maybe.... but the one I like is not him..." 

Kyuhyun smile. Okay, so it seemed that he has a competition, but as long as Ryeowook has no feelings for that Hyunshik guy, Kyuhyun was okay with it and felt better. 

"And... should I guess who is the one that you like..?" 

Ryeowook chuckled and looked down shyly, and said "Can we go... ?" 

Kyuhyun broke into small laughs at Ryeowook's shy reaction. His heart felt so warm and he felt like jumping for joy!! He reached for Ryeowook's hand, clasped it and brought up to his lips to kiss it. "Okay... let's go", and he started driving, still smiling happily. 

Kyuhyun bought 2 hotdogs and a drink and they sat comfortably in the cinema and started eating their hotdog. Kyuhyun had put 2 straws in the drink, so that they could share. They finished up everything during the advertisements and Kyuhyun stepped out to throw their rubbish. When he returned to his seat, Ryeowook leaned more towards his seat, so he put his arm around her shoulders. 

Parasite was about the members of a poor family scheming to become employed by a wealthy family by infiltrating their household and posing as unrelated, highly qualified individuals. The main theme of Parasite were class conflict, social inequality and wealth disparity. Kyuhyun acknowledged that there were some rich families who behaved like that, so he was glad that his grandfather had brought them up within a strict environment and thought them to respect people, irregardless of their social status. 

The murder scene made Ryeowook scared, and she hid her face in Kyuhyun’s inner arm, making him hold her tighter and kissed her head. 

"No wonder the producer won a lot of awards! The storyline was very realistic and touched the core issues in our society" Ryeowook said, when they were having ice-cream in Baskin Robbins, across the cinema. 

Kyuhyun loved the ice-cream here! He wondered why he never stepped into Baskin Robbins before. Their parents or even his grandfather would always go to expensive restaurants for dinner and he only ate ice-cream there for dessert which most of the time were too rich and not appetising. Ryeowook's simple life brought him down to Earth and he was beginning to enjoy life and felt relax. 

"I guess the writer wanted to bring the message that generally the society thought the rich live a glamorous life and having everything on a silver plater. But not all rich families are like that" 

"Yeah, just look at you and your family. You are not like the typical rich people although you live in a mansion!" 

"Well, it's still a house, just that it's bigger and there are people cleaning the house for us" Kyuhyun smile. He finished up his ice-cream. "This is really nice!" 

"You never tried this before?" Ryeowook's face showed her unbelievable look. She always couldn't afford the price, so only if she has extra money, she would buy a small pint. So she assumed Kyuhyun, who could easily afford this, would be a regular customer!! 

"No, believe it or not, I never step into Baskin Robbins before! I actually learn a lot from you!" Kyuhyun laughed. 

Once they finished, Kyuhyun drove to pharmacy to get stuff for Ryeowook's father, as usual. Later, after he had helped her to clean her father, he told her that he couldn't send her to Seven-Eleven as he has to attend his family dinner at the mansion. 

"It's uncle Shim's birthday, so I better show my face" Kyuhyun said, sitting down at the sofa to sip his tea. Ryeowook made chamomile tea for both of them. 

"It's okay, I can take the bus. Send my regards to Harabuji" Ryeowook smile. 

Kyuhyun traced her hair and tucked it behind her ear. His other arm was on the sofa backrest . "I fetch you after your work, okay. And try not to carry heavy stuff..." 

"I'll use a trolley..." Ryeowook nodded and smile. "If you are staying overnight at the mansion, you don't have to fetch me..." 

"I'm using that excuse so that I don't have to stay overnight! Harabuji will definitely ushered me to quickly go and fetch you" Kyuhyun laughed. 

"But I finish at 1am!"

"Yeah, we normally drank some wine after dinner and talk till late at night. Harabuji, uncle Shim, Chwang, me and if appa is around, with him too..." 

"Business talk, I presume" Ryeowook guessed. 

Kyuhyun chuckled, still tracing her hair "Yeah, most of the time. And now that harabuji knows you, I bet he would talk about you and me. And I think he adores you". 

"I'm really a nobody, just somebody who will carry your baby..." 

"I'm going to punish you by kissing you 10 times if you said that again"

"I mean, in your family's eyes, not harabuji or you" 

Kyuhyun reached over and kissed her. He stopped and kissed her again and again, and really for 10 times! 

"KyuKyu... enough... stop it..." Ryeowook laughed and tried to move away but was gently pulled into a hug. 

"I... love you. I'm sorry if I'm rushing things but my feelings are genuine. I really love you, Ryeong!" 

Ryeowook was surprised and felt so touch. Nobody loves her before, other than her parents. She liked Kyuhyun a lot, but she has never been in love, so she didn't know whether what she was feeling right now is love. She just felt beautiful inside, and always happy when she received Kyuhyun's text, or receiving his calls or if he was waiting for her in his car. She couldn't stop her tears hearing Kyuhyun's confession.

"Why are you crying...." 

"I feel so touch when you said that you love me. Nobody loves me before other than my parents.." Ryeowook said, wiping her tears. 

Kyuhyun wiped her tears too, using both his thumbs. Then he kissed her again. 

"I'm not rushing you, but I very much hope that you feel the same way too, and accept me into your life..." and he hugged her again. 

A while later, Ryeowook said after glancing at her wall clock "You better get going..."

Kyuhyun nodded and got up, pulling her along "Next Saturday after your blood test, we go take a look at a few full day care centres okay. Just take a look first, you don't have to decide so soon" 

"Okayyy" 

Kyuhyun put on his shoes, pecked her lips again and waved goodbye. Ryeowook smile and took a deep breath and glancing at her wall clock again, walked to her bathroom to take a bath to get ready for her 2nd job.

On the following Saturday morning, they were at the hospital to perform the blood test.  The nurse informed Ryeowook that she would need to take a urine test as well to make sure the results were consistent. 

While waiting for the results, they went to the hospital's cafeteria, because Ryeowook said she was hungry. She had been feeling tired lately and always hungry. 

"KyuKyu, what if the result is negative? Will you and harabuji feel disappointed?" 

"We'll try the transfer again, but I hope not. I don't want you to go through that process again... or we can do it naturally" 

"Hmmm? What do you mean..?" 

"Get married and do it..." Kyuhyun glance at her half jokingly. 

Ryeowook stared at him and when she fully understood what he was referring to, she threw her serviette at him, making him laugh. 

"Whether it's a test tube baby or we do it naturally, it's still our baby. I love both mummy and baby the same and no less.." 

Ryeowook smile at his sincerity. She couldn't wait for the results, at least if it was positive, she will be fulfilling the agreement. She has applied leave today and of course her lady boss would not pay her, so she might as well consider taking up Kyuhyun's offer to work at his home. And have the assurance to have income at the end of the month. 

Kyuhyun's phone rang and when he answered it, he glanced at Ryeowook. Then he off his phone and said "Okayy this is it Ryeong, the results are ready. Dr Jang wants to see us" Kyuhyun said, smiling and got up, and reached for Ryeowook's hand. 

Dr Jang was waiting for them. She greeted them and said "I'm sorry to say this...." 

Ryeowook's felt that her heart fell to the ground. Kyuhyun reached over to hold her hand. 

Dr Jang continued "but you don't have to go through another round of transfer! The test is positive!!!" and Dr Jang extended her hand "Congratulations, Miss Kim, you are pregnant!!" she smile happily!