Wise decision

Surrogate

 

Hyun-Jung was playing with harabuji happily, but occasionally, he would turned his head to look at the door. 

"Jung-ahh, your omma has a checkup, they will come back later, okay darling?" harabuji told him, noticing that this little boy must be waiting for his parents. 

"Me... big brother..." Hyun-Jung pointed to himself and grinned happily. 

"Big brother?" harabuji didn't quite get him. 

Hyun-Jung laughed and continued playing his rocket toy and ran around harabuji. 

"Big brother?  Does it meant my dear Wook is pregnant? Ohmygod!! I'm so happy if it's true!! I must press Kyuhyun for the good news!!!" harabuji smile happily to himself! 

At Dr Jang's consultation room, Kyuhyun wrapped his arm around Ryeowook's waist as they walked back to the seats opposite Dr Jang. 

"Baby is okay, just that your womb is going through 1st natural pregnancy, so it is adjusting to the fetus growth, causing you to experience severe cramps. And today should be the beginning of the sixth week, that's why the cramps got worst" Dr Jang told them, much to Kyuhyun's relieved.  

Ryeowook thanked her and Kyuhyun asked more about 2nd pregnancy whether the symptoms would be worst than the 1st pregnancy. 

"It depends on the baby gender actually. If it's the opposite gender than the 1st one, then the symptoms might be different or, could be worst. But don't worry too much about it. I will prescribe some vitamins and mild pain killers for Mrs Cho, and some medicines to reduce giddiness and vomitting too" Dr Jang smile at them, and she put everything in her prescription paper. 

They left the clinic after making the next appointment and collected the medicines for Ryeowook. 

"We eat first? I don't want you to get hungry..." Kyuhyun suggested. 

"But Hyun-Jung.... he will wait for us and it's his feeding time" Ryeowook looked at her watch. 

"I'll call harabuji to give him his milk" Kyuhyun got Ryeowook to sit down at the waiting lobby while he called his harabuji. 

"Harabuji...." Kyuhyun started talking, but was cut off by harabuji.

"Kyuhyun!! You have good news for me? Come tell me, tell me!!" 

"Harabuji, what...?" 

"Is my dear Wook pregnant? Is that's why you two go for a checkup? Don't keep me guessing! Common, tell me!" harabuji sounded impatiently excited. 

"How did you know...?" 

"Can you please tell me now??" 

"Yes, harabuji, Ryeong is 6 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child" Kyuhyun smile, glancing at Ryeowook, who was looking questioningly at him. 

"Ohmygoodness!!! This is the happiest news for me!!! How is she?" 

"We only got to know yesterday, harabuji. She has been having bad cramps and yesterday she bought a test kit and test it, and it was positive, so she told last night, but I got worried about her cramps so that's why we call Dr Jang. Luckily she has an available slot today" 

"So it's confirm? She's 6 weeks pregnant with my 2nd great grandchild?" 

Kyuhyun chuckled at his grandfather's excitement, and sat down next to his wife "Yes, harabuji, it's confirmed" he smile happily and reached out for her hand, and clasped it. 

"You take care of her okay. Get her to eat something, don't let her have hunger pangs!!" 

"Oh yes harabuji, can you give Hyun-Jung his milk? It's his feeding time. Ryeong has already prepared it in Hyun-Jung's bag, in a blue warmer zipper" 

"Okay okay don't worry about your little boy. I'll manage him. You go and get Wook to eat something..." 

"Okay, I'll talk to you once we reach the mansion. See you, harabuji" Kyuhyun smile and off his phone. 

"Harabuji knows?" Ryeowook asked her husband. 

"He must have guess something when we told him that you have a checkup. Anyway...., he's very happy, Ryeong! You just added more sunshine and more happiness into his life!!" he smile happily and reached over and kissed her temple. 

"Kyu-Kyu.... can we visit appa's grave? I just want to tell him the news, and to show him that Hyun-Jung is a big boy now..." Ryeowook asked, looking at him. 

"Of course. We visit him next Saturday?" Kyuhyun smile with understanding. He knew his wife missed her father a lot and wanted to share with him the good news too. 

"Okay" she nodded and smile. 

Kyuhyun helped her up slowly and they walked to the cafeteria. He wrapped his arm around her slim waist, and today she put on a straight-cutting blouse, so he could already se a baby bump. "Ryeong, actually, your tummy is already visible. I guess I didn't notice it because you always put on loose blouse" 

"And I thought I put on weight..." she chuckled. 

Kyuhyun pointed to a table, so they went there to sit. 

"You are too slim. I really don't mind if you put on weight...."

"I'm like this since last time. It wasn't because I have no money to eat, but I just don't put on weight easily. I only put on weight when I was pregnant with Hyun-Jung" 

"But I love it, I can still hugged you and carry you because of your size!" he grinned. "Okay, what do you feel like eating?" 

"You..." 

Kyuhyun chuckled and reached over and kissed her "Other than me, what does baby want to eat...?" 

"Hmmm...." she looked around "fried rice with egg" she pointed to one of the stall. 

Kyuhyun nodded "And I get you a hot milo, okay?" 

Ryeowook smile and nodded. 

Kyuhyun has been such a charming husband eversince they got married, in fact he was the same loving man when they fell in love during the surrogation process. She could never thank God enough for bringing Kyuhyun into her life. 

"Kyu-Kyu..." she asked when he came back with their drinks. 

"Hmmm?" 

"Can you get us dessert later?" 

"Do you want me as your dessert, or those at the stalls?" he asked cheekily. 

Ryeowook laughed cutely. They haven't teased each other like this for months! Kyuhyun was always busy with work, and on weekends, their attention were always on Hyun-Jung. 

"Well?" Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows naughtily at his cute wife. 

"Ermmm... soya beancurd" 

"Ouchhh.... you didn't want me... that's hurt..." 

Ryeowook laughed again, and Kyuhyun leaned over and kissed her. "You are so cute, Ryeong! I missed times like this, just you and me..." 

"You are always busy with work. You don't even have time to come home for lunch...." 

"I know, I'm so sorry. I don't know why there are so many lunches with clients. Now I understand why harabuji was so busy last time. He has good relationships with clients, so they always recommended their other clients to him. And it took up most of his lunch time due to all these business talks" Kyuhyun told her. 

The food gadget beeps, means their food were ready. Kyuhyun got up to collect their food. 

"Harabuji don't do these lunches anymore?" Ryeowook asked him when he came back with their food. 

Kyuhyun sat down. "He still does, but he cut down a lot by pushing some clients to me. His reason is, so that these clients recognise my abilities and stay with our company" 

"Which is good, right?" Ryeowook smile with understanding. She started eating her fried rice. "Kyu-Kyu, I'm not complaining. I understand your position. 
Like you, I also missed your company. But I have you at night and on weekends, and you always set aside time for both me and our son, so it's okay. Don't worry about it" 

Kyuhyun started eating too. "Ryeong, during your 2nd trimester, I want to work from home. I want to take care of you and Hyun-Jung..." 

"You don't have to...." she looked up at him. 

"But I want to. And for business trips, I will deligate Siwon and my other one-downs to go instead. I want to go through this pregnancy with you" 

"But can you still go for the Taiwan business trip? Don't disappoint harabuji. I'll stay at the mansion with Hyun-Jung and ommonim will be there too, so you have nothing to worry about". 

"I will talk to harabuji to shorten the trip to a week. I can't be away from you for too long, I really can't. I'll still be worried.. " 

"Okay, later you talk to him. Just do as he says and give some priority to it" 

"You are my priority" 

"Kyu-Kyu..." 

"Okay okay, I'll talk to him first" kyuhyun reached for her hand and squeezed it. It was true, his priority now were always his wife and his son, and especially now that his wife was pregnant, so business would be his second priority, though it was equally important. 

So after dessert, they left the cafeteria and Kyuhyun drove back to the mansion. 

"Wook!!! My dear Wook, you just make me the happiest grandfather!!!" harabuji hugged Ryeowook and patted her back "how are you feeling? Come, come, sit down!!!" 

Hyun-Jung was sleeping on the sofa, so Ryeowook sat next to their son and carefully put his head on her lap. "I'm feeling okay now, harabuji, thank you, and Dr Jang did prescribe some vitamins too, so it should help with our baby wellbeing" she smile happily at him. 

"You rest okay? Come Kyuhyun, let's talk in my study room" 

Kyuhyun kissed their son and after kissing his wife, Kyuhyun went in to harabuji's study room. 

Kyuhyun asked his grandfather whether he could get his subordinate to go to Taiwan instead. 

"No, I already told Mr Teik that my grandson will go, so I want you to go. Mr Teik agreed to co-invest in a property in Taipei, so it's good for our company to expand in Taiwan" 

"But harabuji, I don't want to leave Ryeong behind in her condition. She has Hyun-Jung to look after too" 

"You parents will be here, so Hannah can look after Hyun-Jung. So Wook can stay here and rest" harabuji tell him. "Tell you what, we go for this business trip together. You, me and your uncle Shim. And then you fly back after a week. I can stay there for another week with your uncle Shim and Mr Teik" 

"Really? I can come back after a week?" Kyuhyun sounded surprised as usually his harabuji will not give and take. 

"You better agree before I change my mind!" 

"Yes harabuji. That is the most wisest decision!!" Kyuhyun grinned happily. 

Harabuji smile, knowing that his beloved grandson loved and cared a lot for his wife. "I will get your uncle Shim to arrange for the trip and your flight back too. So you bring Wook to stay here the Friday before we fly off". Then harabuji looked at him "I gather...., 1 week without seeing your wife is okay with you?" harabuji . 

Kyuhyun grinned "Yes harabuji, it's okay, and thank you very much for your wise decision! That's why I love you very much!!!" 

"Get out of here..." harabuji playfully chased him out.