New building owner

Surrogate

 

"Where were you when the monkey came out and grabbed her biscuits??" Ryeowook heard harabuji's voice somewhere in her dream. But he sounded so near. Was I dreaming? Ryeowook asked herself. 

"I was there, harabuji, and I was surprised too that suddenly a monkey appeared out of nowhere! Before we knew it, that monkey grabbed the biscuit from Ryeong's hand. I guess that was when her hand got scratched" she heard Kyuhyun explaining to his grandfather.

Ryeowook fought very hard to be conscious. What happened? Was I injured? Slowly, she opened her eyes and from her lying down position, she saw harabuji and her husband standing at their bedroom door.  "Ohhh yes, that monkey..." the incident started to came back to her mind. 

"Kyu......" she tried to find her voice. 

"Ryeong!!!" Kyuhyun dashed to her and helped her up. "How are you feeling now? Is your palm still throbbing?" he held her hand. 

"How are you dear?" harabuji also came towards the bed. 

"I feel okay, harabuji" she smile slightly. "Did I fainted?" she looked at Kyuhyun. 

"Yes you did, and this idiot husband of yours didn't even have the courtesy to tell me, until I happened to call him!" harabuji glanced at Kyuhyun. 

"Harabuji, I was so occupied with Ryeong. Luckily the 2 park ranges drove over their landrover and I carried Ryeong and they sent me to a clinic nearby. They even waited and drove me back to my car..." 

"Was her palm bleeding badly?" harabuji asked him. 

"Yes, but luckily the scratch wound wasn't so deep" he told his grandfather. He turned to his wife "Ryeong, do you feel your palm throbbing? The doctor gave me anticeptic cream and mild painkillers".

"I felt sore but no throbbing" Ryeowook looked at her palm. It was bandaged and she could feel slight pain when she squeeze her hand, even gently. "I'm so sorry, harabuji, I have to delay baking the cookies again...." 

"Aishhh Wook, don't worry about the cookies! Get well first and rest your hand..." harabuji tell her gently. 

She nodded and wanted to get off the bed. It wasn't nice to let harabuji stood there, at least they should all be seated at the living room. But she needed to go to the bathroom first. 

"I'll carry you" Kyuhyun stood up, ready to scoop her up. 

"Kyu-Kyu, I can walk..." 

"No...." and he scooped her up. "You want to go to the bathroom?" he asked her who nodded at him, and then he looked up at harabuji "Harabuji, you rest at the sofa first. I will order food later" 

Harabuji nodded "Okay, you go help Wook. Don't worry, I get your uncle Shim to order food". 

Kyuhyun nodded and carried his wife to their bathroom. 

"Kyu-Kyu, I can handle myself, you can sit with harabuji...." she said after he put her down, but then cringe in pain at her tummy. 

"Ryeong...." Kyuhyun held her worriedly, and soothed her tummy, "sit down... why are you still shy with me". 

Ryeowook felt so helpless now in her condition. She used to be strong, working at 2 places and took care of her father, but now, she felt so weak. She never intended to trouble Kyuhyun or make him worry. So, she must be strong, right? "I'm okay, Kyu-Kyu, really, just that baby moved just now. You can sit with harabuji" 

"I'll wait outside the bathroom door" Kyuhyun smile and kissed her forehead, and stepped out and closed the bathroom door. 

An hour later, they were all seated at the dining room and eating dinner. All 3 men, Kyuhyun, harabuji and uncle Shim, were all babying Ryeowook and didn't allow her to do anything. So all the plates and drinks were all taken care off by them. 

"Kyu, the reason why I called you is to plan for the building handover ceremony. I want that woman to know that Wook is her boss now and I want to exert authority at her so that she don't look down on our Wook" harabuji said seriously. 

Kyuhyun nodded "So what I plan is, we introduced Ryeong later after the official handover, so that her ex-boss will understand that she will have a new boss and will have to follow the new rule otherwise we will take over the cafe ownership" 

"Good!" harabuji smile and nodded, and turned to Ryeowook "Wook, don't be too intimidated with your ex-boss. Just be confident and tell yourself that you are her boss now. Don't look down on yourself anymore, especially in front of her!" 

"I will, harabuji, just that she might say that I marry Kyu-Kyu for money and will jeer at me. I don't think that that she will respect me, knowing her proud character..." Ryeowook said, looking down at her pizza. 

"Don't worry, Ryeong, with us around, she wouldn't dare to look down on you. If she propose to have a one-on-one discussion with you, I will tell her that I will be there too, in all financial and business matters" Kyuhyun told gently. 

"Okay, thank you, and thank you harabuji and uncle Shim too..." Ryeowook nodded and smile. She really hope that she would do well in front of her ex-boss next Saturday. 

The dreaded Saturday came, and Ryeowook was looking at herself in the mirror. She looked good in the dress, thought her tummy were showing, but she looked professional and well dressed. No wonder the dress was expensive! It was designed to look professional! 

"You look gorgeously good, Ryeong! This is really a good choice to buy!" Kyuhyun praised her honestly. His wife looked so professional and pretty. He helped her to apply lipstick and of course he had to kiss her lovely lips first before applying the lipstick! He just couldn't resist her beautiful lips.

"Do I look okay?" Ryeowook asked. 

"You are the most beautiful woman to me, ever..." 

"Don't bluff...."

"You are, eversince we first met when I waited for you and you came out from the cafe and walked towards me. I think I fell in love with you there and then..." which was the absolute truth. That moment changed his life forever. 

"Seriously, do I look okay?" she asked, worriedly. 

"Stunning, beautiful and very professionally look" he praised her again, honestly. 

"Thank you, my dearest husband" 

"You are most welcome, my dearest wife" he smile and gave his elbow "Shall we go?" 

She smile, reached for her LV bag, and hooked her hand around Kyuhyun's elbow. Though her palm was, still in bandaged, it wasn't so painful as compared to early this week. She has been practising her signature too, using her injured hand. 

They reached the building and met harabuji, Uncle Shim, Siwon and another manager from Kyuhyun's office. She was amazed as they were all so professional and very business minded. 

Kyuhyun and harabuji always ensure that Ryeowook was okay and   Kyuhyun got her to sit and passed her the bun that they had brought along. 

The official handover procedure started and after all introductions, kyuhyun, after ensuring that Ryeowook's lady boss was there, he said "Okay, let me introduce to you the new owner of this building, who paid most of the cost herself, including the cafe. She's my wife, Mrs Cho Ryeowook!" 

The previous owner and his team stood up to welcome the new owner, and the lady boss stood up too. 

Kyuhyun stepped out for a while and holding Ryeowook's hand, he then wrapped his hand over her waist and guided her to walk in and sat with him, harabuji and his team. 

Ryeowook bowed at them and seeing that she was pregnant, the previous owner congratulated Kyuhyun and harabuji too. 

The lady boss was dumbfounded. She couldn't believe her eyes. "Was that.... that... Ryeowook???? That plain and poor girl Ryeowook with a forever sick father? How... how... did she became rich??!!!! Did she sold herself to the Cho's family?" questions and questions came to her mind. She couldn't believe her eyes!!!  She must confronted her later. 

Ryeowook gave a short speech with a surprisingly calm voice, and concluded "I hope the we can all work together and achieve better working environment and better results. Including the cafe too" and she turned her gaze towards Madam Park. 

"Do you mean that you will have a say in how I do my business?" the lady boss said out loud. 

The previous owner was annoyed and turned back to warn Madam Park not to say such thing to the new owner.  He earned a profit by selling this building to them and now Madam Park was trying to jeopardise that! 

Ryeowook smile "Yes ma'am, I do, and I would like you to give me a report of your staff and their employment benefit. You can pass it to me now, if you have it, or by tomorrow, end of day. You can email it to me, and my email address is in the agreement letter" she smile and passed the microphone back to Kyuhyun. 

The lady boss was very angry and was cursing and swearing at her in her heart.  She tried very hard to suppress her anger and Kyuhyun could see that her face was turning red. 

He turned to his lovely wife "You did well, Ryeong!! I'm so proud of you!!" Kyuhyun praised her, and kissed her cheek. "Don't mind her okay" he told her. 

"I'm shaking internally actually" Ryeowook reached for her husband's palm. 

Kyuhyun clapsed her hand and smile at her. "I'm here, I'll protect you" 

"I know...." she smile cutely at him. "Kyu-Kyu, I go to the ladies first. It's just at the other corner" she pointed the direction to him. 

"I'll send you" Kyuhyun stood up and helped her up. 

"No need, I know this place very well" she giggled. 

"Okay be careful" Kyuhyun said, and followed her with his eyes. 

But then he saw that the lady boss also got up and hastily went to the ladies. "What is she up to? Is she going to confront Ryeong??" Kyuhyun wondered. He decided to follow her and waited for his wife outside the ladies. 

Ryeowook came out from her cubicle and stepped towards the sink to wash her hands. 

"Heyyy you . So, you seduced rich man and marry him for money? Just to get back at me? Don't you know that I was the one who helped you by giving you a job!" Madam Park practically shouting at Ryeowook. Luckily the ladies were deserted. 

"I'm not that kind of person Ma'am. My husband and I love each other very much. Even harabuji accepted me and love me as his own grand daughter".

"I don't believe you! And after you got their money and get them to give you this building, now you want to overrule me? Who do you think you are??" 

"I don't have to answer you anything ma'am. Good day" Ryeowook said and turned and started walking towards the entrance. 

"Get back here!" the lady boss pulled her roughly. "You are so rude!" and she raised her hand to slap Ryeowook. 

But her hand was caught by someone. She turned and looked and was dumbfounded.