Cookies

Surrogate

 

Madam Park's hand was held by harabuji and the building owner and Kyuhyun were next to him.

Kyuhyun quickly but gently pulled his wife to him and hugged her.

Earlier, when he saw that the lady boss trailed Ryeowook to the ladies, he started walking to the washroom area too, but harabuji called him. So he told harabuji what he saw, and in turn, harabuji told the building owner.

And true enough, they heard Madam Park's loud voice and condoned the ladies washroom so that no other ladies stepped in.

The guys stepped in and just in time, Madam Park was about to slap poor Ryeowook!

"How dare you raised your hand to slap my granddaughter-in-law? Who do you think you are huhh?? She's my precious granddaughter and carrying my great-grandson! And she is your new boss!!! I can ask her to sack you now!!" harabuji said in his very stern voice. 

"I... I'm sorry Mr Cho.. Ryeowook worked for me last time, so I still regarding her as my ex-staff..." the lady boss said with a scared and confused voice. She was still confused why the high and mighty Cho family suddenly love this plain stupid Ryeowook. 

"Wook! Do you want to sack her? I give you all my permission and blessing!!" harabuji glance at her but still in his angry face. 

Ryeowook held on to Kyuhyun and said "Harabuji, let's honour our agreement not to terminate any staff for the next 3 months. We'll monitor how Madam Park behave and whether she follow my requirements" Ryeowook told him firmly. 

"Very well" harabuji said, cans turned his attention back to the lady boss. "You are saved this time and you should thank your new boss! There will not be any third chance and if you mistreat any of your staff, I will personally get Ryeowook to terminate you!" harabuji told her firmly and gestured Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and uncle Shim to leave. 

The building owner was annoyed with Madam Park "What were you trying to do?!!! Jeopardise the sale of this building?? They are kind enough to save this building, and without them buying over, we will all lose our job because the companies in this building is not making money! They even have plans to renovate your cafe! Don't be stupid and act without thinking. Miss Ryeowook is no longer your staff and she is a different person now! Please put that in your head!" the building owner scolded her and stomped off. 

The building owner apologise to Ryeowook, Kyuhyun and harabuji repeated and told them that Madam Park has been reprimanded by him too. 

Harabuji thanked him and walked back into the lobby with him. 

"Kyu-Kyu, can I go across to the pharmacy?" Ryeowook asked her husband. "I just want to take a look...." 

Kyuhyun smile, knowing that she just want to remember those days when she bought medical items for her late father "Why...? You will end up tearing..." 

Ryeowook smile "There's a lot of memories there, not just the sad ones, but the happy ones, when you insisted to buy more and paid for me" 

"Did you already like me during those times, that's why it's a happy memories?" Kyuhyun smilingly . 

Ryeowook chuckled "Maybe..." 

Kyuhyun laughed "Let's go then. Ohhh give me a minute, I just let harabuji know where we will be" and he kissed her cheek and turned around to inform his grandfather. 
"Okay, Ryeong, let's go" he said, taking her hand and smiling at her. 

While they walked, Ryeowook said "You always parked your car there and I was always so happy to see you" Ryeowook looked at the side road. 

"And when I saw you coming out of the side door of the cafe, my heart just burst with happiness. I never felt like that before and I felt sad whenever you rejected me to fetch you" Kyuhyun said honestly. 

"I didn't want to trouble you...." 

"I know, but I care about you a lot, even during those time..." 

"I still thank God everyday that I have you in my life...." Ryeowook smile sweetly at him. 

Kyuhyun bend down and kissed her temple. They crossed the road and Kyuhyun opened the pharmacy door to let his wife in first. 

The pharmacy was still the same, but more neater and the far corner had been renovated to have wheelchairs and walking aids. 

They walked slowly to the milk section and Ryeowook took a packet and just stared at it. Of course she started to tear. She couldn't help it! Those days when she didn't have enough money to get a week's supply of milk for her father, she would not buy lunch just to safe some money, and would just ate the cafe food, which she still thanked Madam Park for that. Sometimes it was just rice and soup, without anything else, but it was still food. 

Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. "I was right, you will end up tearing..." he said, taking out his handkerchief. Of course he understood. And he was thankful to God too that she came into his life and he could help her with her financial needs. 

Ryeowook dabbed at her tears, and smile at him. "Thanks Kyu" and returned back his handkerchief. "Oh yes, I want to look for some cream for pregnancy stretch marks..."

"Why..."

"The stretch marks will be ugly after I gave birth. You might not like my tummy with those marks..." 

"I love you and will not love you less because of the stretch marks..." Kyuhyun teasingly rolled his eyes at her. 

"I still want to buy. I want to have a beautiful tummy..." she giggled and started looking for the cream. 

"To prepare for our 2nd one??" Kyuhyun playfully whispered at her ear.  Then "Ouch... Ryeong, that's painful" he playfully whine, because his wife pinched him. 

"Serve you right..." she laughed. "Oh there!!" she pointed to the rows of cream that she saw. She reached for Mustela Stretch Marks Cream and read the direction to use. 

"Ehhh? You are Miss Kim, right?! I didn't see you for a long time! How are you, and ohh, woww congratulations!!" a pharmacy lady greeted her and saw that she was pregnant. 

"Ohn hi Mrs Song! Thank you!! Yes now I didn't work at the cafe anymore and I moved to stay with my husband. This is my husband, Kyuhyun, and Kyu, this is the owner of this pharmacy outlet, Mrs Song" Ryeowook introduced them. 

"Ahhh... I think I remember seeing you. You came with Miss Kim before. Such a caring boyfriend back then. Really, congratulations you two!!" Mrs Song said happily to both of them. 

"Thank you very much!" Kyuhyun smile happily. "You have good memory!! Ohh yes, by the way, can you tell us more about this cream or whether the stretch mark oil is better?" he asked Mrs Song. 

"Actually it depends on how sensitive her tummy skin is. From my own experience, cream is better as the effect is lasting. But if she has sensitive skin, then oil is better, because it will not dry up the skin". 

"I see.. Ok, we'll get the cream?" Kyuhyun turned to Ryeowook, who nodded. He asked Mrs Song again "When should she apply this cream? After shower or at night.. ?" 

"Best is after shower in the morning. And sir, if you could apply it for her, it will be great because you can see the stretch mark better" Mrs Song told him, taking a new cream from the drawer. 

"That’s what I intend to do" Kyuhyun smile naughtily at his wife, who playfully roll her eyes. 

"Mrs Song, we'll get two boxes" Ryeowook told her before she closed back the drawer. 

So after they have paid, they bid goodbye to Mrs Song, and promised to drop by again. 

"I'll put the cream for you tomorrow morning" Kyuhyun led her to cross the road while intertwining their hand. 

"Actually I can put myself" 

"No, you can't see your own stretch marks" 

"I can, from the mirror" 

"I can see better" 

"You will end up keep kissing my tummy..." 

"How do you know that I plan to do just that??" Kyuhyun glanced at her curiously. 

Ryeowook laughed. "I'm your wife..." 

Kyuhyun laughed too  "I love to feel our baby. It's amazing that it's keep growing in your tummy. You know, when you were lying down on that patient bed during the insertion of the egg, I wanted to sooth your tummy and kissed your tears away, but I have to stop myself. I haven't really explore my feelings at that time, but I already know that I like you a lot" kyuhyun led them back into the cafe. 

"To be honest, at that time, I wanted you to be there with me too. And I was so grateful that you were there. Maybe your care really made me fall more and more in love with you" Ryeowook smile. And Kyuhyun kissed her temple lovingly. 

Harabuji walked towards them when he saw them stepped in. "Kyu and Wook, we can go already. I've already talked to the previous owner to make sure that Madam Park submit what has been requested".

"Ohhhh thank you, harabuji" Ryeowook said and gave him a slight bow. 

"You two go back first so that Wook can rest" harabuji patted Kyuhyun's shoulder. 

So they bid goodbye to harabuji and uncle Shim, and Kyuhyun started driving back. 

Ryeowook slept in the car, with her face facing Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun glanced at her because she was quiet and chuckled because he was talking to a sleeping passenger. "She must be too tired..." he smile, and at one traffic junction, he turned fully to look at her. "My wife is so beautiful, simple yet so beautiful .... and even at her 3rd trimester pregnancy stage, she still look so beautiful" he smile and reached over to sooth her hair. 

Kyuhyun still couldn't believe that his life would totally change, just from a simple request from his grandfather to give him a great grandchild. But he thank God because this must all had been pre-arranged by God, to have Ryeowook come into his life, and making him fall in love with her and eventually loved her with all his heart, which he never thought that he would love somebody wholeheartedly  like this, years ago.

Having Ryeowook in his life was just heaven, though she could be stubborn at times! Like she insisted to bake cookies for harabuji once her palm no longer needed to be bandaged, which Kyuhyun disagreed because he wanted her palm to be fully healed. 

But he relented because she looked so sad. To her, a promise is a promise, so she still wanted to bake for harabuji before she gave birth. 

"I'll help you..." Kyuhyun had told her. 

"No need Kyu-Kyu, you do your work, and don't reschedule your meetings just to help me..." 

"You'll be too tired, Ryeong, because you need to be on your feet all the time" he reasoned with her, because she was already in her 35th week of pregnancy. 

"I will sit down if I'm tired, I promise" she told him, giving him a cute face.

 Kyuhyun kissed her cute mouth and said "Just call me if you need help okay" he said and only left to go into his study room after making sure that whatever she needed were already on the table, so that she would not climb up the chair to bring down her baking utensils. 

Throughout his conference calls, Kyuhyun would still check that Ryeowook was okay in the kitchen. She was, but he was still worried! 

That weekend, the Saturday to be exact, was harabuji's birthday. Ryeowook packed her cookies into a big paper bag for harabuji and the Shim family, and kept a tub for Kyuhyun. She had baked extra because her first tray from the oven had all gone down into Kyuhyun's tummy. 

She sat down because her tummy has been giving her constant cramps since early morning, so much so that Kyuhyun had wanted to call harabuji to say that they couldn't attend his birthday as Ryeowook wasn't well. But she stopped him from calling because she herself wanted to go. 

Somehow, Ryeowook sensed that she might give birth today, after recalling what the ahjuma at the tea plantation had said. That ahjuma had said that their baby would be born on the same day as someone special. So, could it be today? But her due date would be 2 weeks from now, so, couldn't be today right? 

She shooked her head and got up to combed her hair. Kyuhyun was putting in their laundry in the washing machine and once done, they would drive over to the mansion. 

"You okay, Ryeong?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly, as she was constantly soothing her tummy. 

"The cramps, it didn't go away..." 

"Later we go off early okay, so that you can rest at home" 

"Okay" she smile weakly and leaned her head. 

Harabuji was so happy when Ryeowook gave him the cookies. He said that it was the best birthday gift ever, and immediately tried a few cookies. Everybody laughed and Mrs Shim called the helper to bring out the cake. 

They were about to sing the birthday song, when Ryeowook grabbed Kyuhyun's arm. Her tummy's cramp was getting bad. 

She realised that it was actually contractions! "Kyu, I think I'm in labour...."