Wonderful husband

Surrogate

 

Mr Kim's coffin was about to be lowered. The priest asked his family members to give their last respect and to place white roses on his coffin. 

Kyuhyun helped Ryeowook to step towards her father's coffin. She was very weak and tired, and Kyuhyun scared that she would collapse again anytime. He never left her side and always held her close to him. 

With tears flowing down, Ryeowook bowed, and placed her white rose on the coffin, and silently bid her goodbye, wishing her father to have a safe journey to the other World. 

She stood aside while Kyuhyun did the same, he bowed, and place a white rose on his father-in-law's coffin. And Kyuhyun held Ryeowook again as they both step back so that harabuji and the rest could pay their last respect. 

Ryeowook rest her head on Kyuhyun's chest as her father's coffin was lowered into the ground. Kyuhyun pulled her closer and kissed her forehead, and requested on of harabuji's staff to bring a folded chair. 

"Ryeong, you sit down okay. I'll help them to cover in the ground" Kyuhyun helped her to sit, and he looked up at his aunt who tapped his shoulder.

"You go ahead Kyu, I'll look after her" Mrs Shim told him softly. Kyuhyun nodded and thanked her. He squeezed his wife hands and stepped towards the burial ground. 

An hour later, they finally left the cemetery. Ryeowook looked back and they stepped away, towards her father's final resting place. 

"We'll visit him, Ryeong, don't worry" Kyuhyun assured her. "Are you tired? I'll carry you?" 

"No, no, I can walk" she told him, while holding on to him. "Kyu-Kyu, I want to thank harabuji. Where is he...?" Ryeowook looked around. 

Kyuhyun looked back and saw that harabuji was talking to the priest. "Ohh he's there..." Kyuhyun gestured to his wife where his grandfather was. 

They walked slowly to where harabuji was, and both of them bowed to the priest and thank him. The priest bowed back and took his leave. 

"Harabuji, thank you for taking care of appa, and for everything.I don't know what I will do without you..." Ryeowook said with gratitude. 

"Don't mention it, my dear" and harabuji pulled her into a hug. "Go home and rest and promise me that you will take care of yourself" he told her, and then looked at Kyuhyun "Kyu, you work from home for the time being so that you can take care of your wife. I will drop by office once in a while" 

"I will, harabuji. I've inform Siwon and my secretary too, to have all meetings via conference call. Thank you harabuji for taking care of everything"

Harabuji nodded and looked up the sky which became cloudy "Okay okay, you two better go home. Drive carefully, Kyu" 

They bowed and Ryeowook waved at harabuji. Kyuhyun helped her into the car and put on the seat belt for her, and went over to his seat. "Ryeong, what do you feel like eating...?"

"You..."

Kyuhyun looked at her because he thought he heard wrongly. "Ryeong, you haven't eat anything since morning"

"I want you..." Ryeowook laughed. She need to cheer herself up and was teasing her husband.

Kyuhyun chuckled and pinched her nose "Okay, besides me, what do you and baby feel like eating..."

"Mmmm, hawaiian pizza"

"Try not to take pineapple... Omma said it's sharp..."

"I'll remove the pineapple..."

"Okayyy..." Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows and smile. He was happy that his wife put an effort to be cheerful and not wallow in sorrow.

They dropped by a pizza outlet, and removing his black blazer, Kyuhyun went out to order and to pack back. 

Ryeowook leaned her head on the backrest. When she was working last time, she could never afford to buy pizza. Whatever little money she could save, she would buy more milk for her father. Her eyes became moist with tears. 

She wipe them off before Kyuhyun came back. She didn't want Kyuhyun to keep worrying about her. She must be strong and move on. Her father has told her to take care of herself and the baby, and she would do just that. 

Her baby moved, probably hungry. Maybe she hasn't been sitting and sleeping properly, so she started to have back pain. She leaned forward to ease her pain. 

Kyuhyun came back with 3 personal size pizza boxes, and was alarmed to see her in that position. "Ryeong, what's wrong, are you in pain?" he asked with concern, holding her in one hand and putting the pizza boxes at the back seat with another hand. 

"I got back pain, and it intensify when baby moves..." Ryeowook closed her eyes and leaned back. 

Kyuhyun adjusted her seat backwards. "Straighten your body and relax" he coaxed her to relax. He soothed her tummy and checked her seat belt so that it didn't hurt her belly. 

"Thanks" Ryeowook said, grabbing his hand and kissed it. She smile at him appreciatively. 

"Don't smile like that, you make me want you more... but we need to go home first..." he , earning some giggles from her, but then she closed her eyes due to her pain. "Aissh, we should put some pillows in the car..." 

"I'm okay Kyu-Kyu. Just drive..." 

Kyuhyun reached over to sooth her hair and kissed her forehead, and then started driving. He suspected the reason for her back pain was because she didn't have enough rest, kept bowing during her father's wake, and didn't sit and sleep properly. Then he remembered his mother gave him a bottle of ointment when his wife was in the hospital, and he had keep it in his backpack. He would apply the ointment on Ryeong's back later. 

Once they reached home, Kyuhyun got her to sit down, fetched the ointment and applied it on her back, placed a pillow and let her lean back, and didn't allow her to do anything. He washed his hands thoroughly and set their plates and drinks, and even removed the pineapples from the pizza for her! 

"Mummy and baby said 'thank you, daddy', for removing the pineapples" Ryeowook said to him. 

Kyuhyun chuckled because his wife was so cute. "Come, eat up..." and he wanted to feed his wife, but Ryeowook insisted to eat on her own so that Kyuhyun could eat too. 

Later when Kyuhyun was washing their plates, Ryeowook went behind him and hugged him, with tummy and all. "Thank you for being the nicest husband. I love you so much" 

Kyuhyun grabbed a hand towel and dried his hand and turned around while holding her. He pulled her closer, minding not to press her tummy. "I love you too, so much. You are my life and I'll do anything to make sure that you are save and happy. You and baby are my family now and forever" and he kissed her. 

Ryeowook rest her head on his chest. "You are not going to take baby away from me after 2 weeks and asked me to leave, right?" 

Kyuhyun tilted her head "Ryeong, look at me" he waited until his wife looked up to meet his eyes "Nobody will separate us, not after 2 weeks after baby is born, nor at anytime. I've already void the contract except for the money which will be my gift to you, means it's no longer meant to pay you for the surrogation, but as a gift. Please trust me and believe me that I truly love you from the bottom of my heart"

Her eyes became moist with tears. It wasn't that she didn't trust him. It was because she was alone now, and if Kyuhyun would ask her to leave, she would go crazy. 

"Ryeong..." 

"Yes I trust you and I belong here, with you and baby. I'm sorry to ask that just now, please forgive me..." and tears started flowing down

"My dearest Ryeong.... you didn't say anything wrong, you just want to clear your doubt once and for all. It's okay, please don't be sad. You have me, and soon, you have our baby too. We are your family..." Kyuhyun wipe her tears with his handkerchief, and hugged her again. 

Ryeowook held his shirt tightly and buried her face on his chest. He hugged her and kissed her head. How he loved this woman. And how could he ever stop loving her? He kissed her again, and scooped her up and carried her to their bedroom. 

He kissed her passionately and traced her face lovingly with his fingers.  He made love to her, and always make sure that she was comfortable and her back wasn't in pain. 

When he gently pulled himself out and took tissues to clean both of them, and pulled her to him. "Tomorrow after your checkup, let's go shopping. You need to buy maternity bra and underwear, and more maternity clothings"

"Are you saying that I'm fat?... " Ryeowook playfully punched him. 

Kyuhyun laughed "You are pregnant, not fat. Your are getting bigger, you tummy is swelling...." 

"How do you know that my are getting bigger...?" 

Kyuhyun chuckled "I'm your husband, I know..."

"Well, I did notice that my are getting bigger... " 

"Mmmm, but I like it.." and he played with her again. "Ryeong..." 

"Hmmmm...?" 

"You are so beautiful... I can never get enough of you... and I love you so much..." 

"If you want a 2nd round, just say so..." Ryeowook . 

Kyuhyun laughed and pinched her nose. He was already hard and they made love again and Ryeowook eventually fall asleep after their 2nd round of love making. 

Kyuhyun rub ointment on her back again so that she could sleep comfortably. After he washed his hands, he put on a bathrobe and put on for her too, and pull the blanket so that she wouldn't feel cold. He took a shower and then decided to cook for dinner! 

He looked through the internet and checked his fridge. They had gone to the supermarket before they went for a break, so he knew they have some frozen prawns, vegetables and soba, because Ryeowook had mentioned that she wanted to cook Japanese after they come back from the break. 

So, folding his sleeves, and put on Ryeowook's apron, he started the preparations for tempura, and boil the soba and prepared the broth. It took him longer than expected and when he peeked into his room, his wife was still sleeping! So he still got time to finish!

After he finished everything, it was already 7.30pm. He set everything on their dining table and after clean-up, he went to his bedroom to wake his beloved wife. But she has already bathe! 

"Ryeong, when did you wake up?" he rushed in to help her comb her hair. 

"Kyu-Kyu... I've decided to bake cookies tomorrow, after our checkup and shopping" 

"Hmm.. ? Cookies?" 

"For harabuji.." 

"Ohhh, okay, but not tomorrow. I want you to fully rest after we come home tomorrow..." 

"But I have enough rest..." 

"You can bake the day after, okay?" he turned her around and kissed her. "Now, let's eat" 

"What did you order..?" 

"I didn't..." 

"Ohhh, then..?" 

"I cook!" 

"What? You did?" 

"I want to try cooking for you, so I really tried! I hope you like it..." he led her out to their kitchen. 

"Ohh my.... Kyu-Kyu, you cook all these??" 

"Yes... It taste okay to me, so I hope it taste okay to you too. Come, sit down" 

Ryeowook felt so thankful that she has such a wonderful husband. She smile and look forward to try the tempura and the soba because they look so mouth-watering. 

She started eating the soba first. She looked up at him and suppressed her laughter. 

It was so bland...