White room

Surrogate

 

Mr and Mrs Cho opened the front door and came in, followed by Ahra, but instead of a birthday party, they saw a chaotic situation.

"What happen?" Mrs Cho asked the family.

Kyuhyun and the rest turned around, and Kyuhyun exclaimed in panic "Omma!! Ryeong started her labour pain!"

"Ohmygod!!" Mrs Cho closed . 

"Come on, let's send her to the hospital!!!" harabuji told Kyuhyun. "Changmin, you drive Kyuhyun's car! Let him sit at the back with Ryeowook"

"Yes harabuji! Appa and Omma, you go with harabuji" Changmin told his parents.

"Hanna, why are you still standing there?!! Come let's all go to the hospital! Ahra, you drive and get your parents in. Quick, everybody move!!" harabuji practically instructed everyone.

"Kyu-Kyu.... can... can... you bring along the carrier bag...... arrghhhhh...." Ryeowook bent her body forward because of the pain. 

"Ryeong, we'll go to the hospital now ok. I'll carry you" Kyuhyun tried to soothe and calm her down. 

"I.... I.. brought along the forms for birth registration. It's... it's there, with my bag" Ryeowook pointed to the seat.

"Okay okay" and he turned to Changmin "Chwang, grab that tote bag and Ryeong's bag"

"Got it. Where's your car key?" and Kyuhyun quickly dip into his pocket and passed it to him. "Ok
 let's go! Kyu, you carry her. I go and get your car now"

So after shouting to and fro for the hospital name, all three cars started and all went out one after another. 

Kyuhyun called the gynae and told her about the contractions. It was about 20 minutes apart now. He off his phone after getting confirmation from her that she would be waiting for them, and then Ryeowook shouted because another wave of pain hit her. 

"Ryeong, just hold on, we will reach the hospital soon okay" he held her tightly and kissed her forehead. He did a silent prayer that his wife and baby would be delivered safely. 

"Kyu, I'm scared.... Will you stay with me...?" 

"Yes yes, Ryeong, I'll be with you all the way" he kissed her forehead again. "I love you so much" he said and gently put her head on his inner chest. 

"Okay we are reaching! Hold tight!!" Changmin announced. 

Once he has stopped the car at the foyer, Kyuhyun helped his wife out and Dr Jang came forward with 3 nurses, with a stretcher. 

"Help her up to the stretcher" Dr Jang instructed the nurses. 

Once Ryeowook was safely on the stretcher, they started walking rapidly and Kyuhyun practically running with them. Another wave of pain hit Ryeowook and she turned sideways due to the pain. 

Kyuhyun grabbed her hand and held it tight while running along, and kept holding her hand as they entered the huge lift. They reached the delivery ward on the 3rd floor and Kyuhyun was asked to put on a surgical gown while the other two nurses changed Ryeowook's attire to hospital gown. 

Dr Jang measured Ryeowook's dilation and she said "Quick, she is already 11cm dilated!" she told the nurses to prepare for the birth. 

Kyuhyun quickly text Changmin to say that they were in the delivery ward on the 3rd floor and text him to tell the rest to wait at the waiting area near the lift. And to put on surgical mask as they were in delivery area and babies were very vulnerable to bacteria. 

By the time Kyuhyun rushed to his wife side, her waterbag had burst, and her legs have been opened wide to prepare for the delivery, and Dr Jang told him to help his wife to stay calm, breath and start pushing. 

"Kyu.... it's so painful... I can't... I can't push...." 

Kyuhyun held her hand. "Ryeong, I love you baby. I know you can do it. Common on, take a deep breath" and he guided her to take a deep breath and was happy that she followed him. "And.. push...."

And Ryeowook started pushing, and then stopped because she was breathless. She gasped for air. 

"Take a deep breath again" Kyuhyun coaxed her. 

"You are doing great Mrs Cho. Common, keep pushing..!! Dr Jang encouraged her. 

So after 5 more pushes, the baby's head was visible, and after 2 more painful pushes, the baby's head was fully out. 

Kyuhyun nearly faint seeing his wife in so much pain, and he fumble to take out his phone to take a video. 

"Sir, let me take the video for you" one of the nurse volunteered. "You help your wife to breath and push" she told him, and started taking the video, and at the same time wipe the blood that flowed out. 

"Ryeong, baby is coming out, come, don't stop... take a deep breath again... and push...." Kyuhyun coaxed her. 

After another 3 painful pushes, the baby's shoulder was out and the rest were more easier. After 2 more painful pushes, baby was out fully and Dr Jang announced happily "Welcome to this world, baby boy!!" and carefully cut his umbilical cord. 

That was when the baby started crying. Kyuhyun kissed Ryeowook's sweaty forehead "Our baby Ryeong!! Our baby's voice!!!" and he wipe Ryeowook's tears and kissed her again. 

Ryeowook cried when Dr Jang put her baby near her so that she could see her baby. The nurse took their photo and returned back Kyuhyun's phone as she needed to clean Ryeowook. 

Dr Jang told her that she needed to be stitched because her tore a bit, and she Ryeowook to relax. A nurse took her baby to clean him up, weigh and then measure him. 

Ryeowook couldn't stop crying. She felt sad that her father didn't get to see his grandson. 

Kyuhyun lifted her head and hugged her. "Ryeong, our baby is healthy and your labour pain is over. We are parents to our baby. Congratulations to us!!!" he continued to hug her. 

He took out his handkerchief and wipe her eyes and face and wipe her nose. "Thank you for giving me a wonderful baby boy!!" 

"I felt sad that appa is not around to see his grandson... " she said, feeling sad. 

Now Kyuhyun understood why his wife was crying. "He is watching the birth from up there, Ryeong, and I'm very sure your parents are proud to be grandparents now. Don't be sad okay?" Kyuhyun hugged her again. 

"Okay, you are all stitched up! We will transfer you to a ward soon after we change your hospital gown" Dr Jang smile at her after she had washed her hand and came back to the delivery bed. Ryeowook smile and nodded and thanked Dr Jang. 

"Sir, this is a copy of your baby's measurement. Do take a look first, we will put it at Mrs Cho's bed later" a nurse told him and passed him the note with all the measurements. Kyuhyun took a photo of it and passed the note back to the nurse and thanked her. 

"Sir, we got a single room for you. This is the ward number" the nurse passed a paper to him. 

"Thank you nurse" he said, and turned to the gynae "Dr Jang, can I carry my son to show to my family? Just for a while?" Kyuhyun asked the gynae. 

"Sure, be back here about 10 minutes? We will finished up cleaning your wife, then we will need to bring your baby to the nursery" Dr Jang told him. 

"Ryeong, I'll show our baby to harabuji okay. I'll come back here soon" he said, and kissed his wife. 

Ryeowook nodded. She felt very tired and slowly drifted off to sleep while the nurse was cleaning her up. 

"Harabuji, your great grandson! Same birthday as you!" Kyuhyun called out to his grandfather once he was bearer to them. 

They turned towards him and all of them excitedly got up to see the baby, and his mother asked about Ryeowook. Kyuhyun was glad that they all have surgical mask on, so he proudly showed his baby. 

"Ryeong is okay but very tired. She did great, omma, kept pushing all the way" Kyuhyun told his mother. 

Harabuji was thankful that his first great grandson was healthy and has the same birthday as him and to carry down the Cho surname. He said a little prayer that the baby and Ryeowook would be fine and thankful that he could see his great grandson. 

Kyuhyun brought his son back to the delivery ward and carefully passed him back to the nurse. 

"Ryeong?" he called her once he was back by her side. 

"I think she fell asleep. We will transfer her to the ward now. Your baby will be in the nursery. I will check on her later" Dr Jang told him. 

"Thank you, Dr Jang" Kyuhyun bowed, and bowed to the nurses too, as a thankful gesture. 

Ryeowook woke up feeling strange. She was in an all-white-room, and she was in a sitting position, holding something. She looked down and she was holding her baby! She smile seeing him her for milk. 

But he didn't look newly born. She felt strange. "Was I unconscious all these while? My baby looks like about 2 weeks old? But he looked so cute! His fingers are so cute!" she said to herself, and she used her other hand to hold his tiny fingers. "He looked like Kyuhyun and a bit like me" she smile tenderly at her baby. She could tell even from his sideway view that he resembled Kyuhyun a lot. He wondered which name Kyuhyun decided for their baby. 

Talking about Kyuhyun, where was he? She was alone in this white room, and she wondered where was this place? Was she in a hospital room? 

A door opened and a lady walked in pushing a pram. "Good morning ma'am. If you have finish feeding, I will put him in this pram" 

"Oh yes, he has fallen asleep" she smile, and unlatched him, and wipe his cute little mouth with his bip, and kissed him. She patted his back for a while and after she heard his burp, she kissed him again and carefully put him down in the pram. 

He looked so peaceful sleeping after his feeding. She looked up at the lady "Are you from the mansion, and where am I?" 

The lady pulled down her surgical mask and smile at her. 

Ryeowook was surprised to see that it was Lily, the helper that talked bad about her "Lily?" 

Lily laughed and said "Yes, I was hired by the Chos to bring the baby away from you and you would be sent to somewhere far away! We are in a trailer container, and 2 weeks had past after you have given birth"

"What???" Ryeowook said with disbelief! She couldn't believe what Lily was saying. Didn't Kyuhyun changed the agreement and he loved her a lot? She saw that he had tear off the old agreement and it was no longer valid! 

As if reading her mind, Lily said "The old agreement still stand, and you have to give up your baby after two weeks" Lily laughed. "So, say goodbye to your son for one last time and you will never see him again! The moment I step out from this trailer, it will drive off to bring you to somewhere far and you will not know how to come back to see your son!" Lily laughed and retreated towards the door. 

Ryeowook scream after her " No....!!  Come back here!!! The baby is mine... " and she tried to move but her legs were chain to a chair, and the chair was chained to the edge of the container trailer. 

The door of the container closed and she could feel the container started moving. 

She used her hands to bang at the side of the trailer "Kyu... Kyu... help me!!! Harabuji.... Ommonim..... help me... " she kept banging at the trailer wall. 

"No......!" she shouted and shouted and cried as she felt that she was moving away from her baby...