Project wooing

Surrogate

 

"I don't know why, Siwon. I never felt like this before" Kyuhyun started talking about his feelings to Siwon over lunch, when Siwon asked him whether the surrogacy is happening or not.

Siwon smile "You wanted a baby but you fall for the mother instead..."

"And I just fall and fall in such a short period of time! There's this overwhelming feeling of wanting to care for her, care for her father, care for her wellbeing, worrying about her... haiz, I don't understand this feelings at all!"

"That's call love, my dear bro"

"But she keeps pushing me away, she didn't want me to fetch her from work, she didn't want me to pay for her groceries, and when I offered her to work at my home, she hasn't even give me her answer..." Kyuhyun nagged sadly. 

"Look at it from her point of view. Maybe to her, she didn't want to get used to your care and attention because after she gives birth, all of that will be gone the minute she gives up her baby. She will suffer for the losses, both the baby and you". 

"But I don't want this to end. I want her... to be mine forever..." 

"Then tell her!"

"I don't think so she will believe me. She will think that it's all because of the baby..." 

"Hmmm... does she has an off day?" 

"Yes, Saturday afternoon. The cafe closed at 1.30pm. Why?"

"Bring her out. Somewhere. Anywhere..." Siwon shrugged his shoulders. 

Kyuhyun was quiet. He had wanted to spend more time with her, but he scared that he was being pushy. 

"Think about it and plan your move! This will be your 2nd project" 

"Huhhh...?" 

"Project wooing the mother! Give her flowers, that should be a good start!!" Siwon said, laughing and standing up "Come, let's pay and we can go for our meeting". 

Kyuhyun smile and got up too "Thanks bro. Yeah let's go". They talked more on the meeting agenda while walking back to their office. Siwon is one of Kyuhyun's senior managers that has helped him a lot in office matters, and Kyuhyun always value his judgement and decision making. Though Siwon respected Kyuhyun as his boss, but outside work, they have been best friends since university days, and they treated each other like brothers. 

That Saturday, after Kyuhyun texted Ryeowook that he would be picking her up, he dropped by Yangjae Flower Market to buy a pot of rose plant. He knew that Ryeowook liked something practical, so he decided to get her flower plant, instead of a bouquet of flowers. He was spoilt for choice as there were many beautiful pots of roses and in various colours. Finally he decided to get a pot of red rosses, to symbolise Love, Passion, Beauty, Courage and Respect. The plant has both flowering buds and 3 opened up petals. He put it in his car boot. 

Ryeowook was running to his car as she was slightly late. "Sorry!! I was cleaning a choke sink. But i've washed my hand clean" Ryeowook laughed as she settled inside the car. 

Kyuhyun chuckled "It's okay. Shall we clean your father first then we go out?" 

Ryeowook looked at him with surprise. "Ahhh okay.." she nodded slowly. 

Once they reached Ryeowook's home, Kyuhyun retrieved the pot from his car boot. "For you.." 

Ryeowook closed with her hand "For me??? Wow... it's so beautiful!! Thank you!!!" Ryeowook accepted it and smell the opened-up rose. She happily place it on an empty pot-stand next to her door.  She has dandelion, thistle, daisy and sunflower plants, all neatly in a row, so now with the red roses, her front porch became prettier. 

Kyuhyun felt so happy seeing her smiling happily. They went in and after he put on his usual penguin slippers, they went through the usual chores. 

After everything was done, Kyuhyun asked softly "We go out?"

Ryeowook nodded and adjusted her father's blanket. She kissed her father's forehead and quietly walked out with Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun drove to Bongdeok Noodles Soup in Gwacheon, and after he opened the passenger door for Ryeowook, he braced himself and reached for her hand and held it while walking into the restaurant. Ryeowook didn't object because she was too stunned. Kyuhyun’s hand was warm and... big. Her whole hand fitted nicely in his palm! 

Once they were seated, Ryeowook looked at him questioningly, but Kyuhyun just smile and told her which dishes that he had tried before and recommended her to try. They placed their orders and they were served with warm water. 

"After this lunch, can you drop me to a pharmacy? I need to buy my father's milk" 

"After Seoul Land, yes, we can go to the pharmacy. It's your off-day at Seven-Eleven too right?" 

"We are going to Seoul Land?" 

"Yup" 

"Really??!!! Wow!!!!" Ryeowook face lighted up happily. "But why..? I mean I didn't want to trouble you to spend your weekend with me..." 

"I want to spend my time with you. And I reckon, might as well we have some fun before you are pregnant. By then, we will go to other places that will not tire you" 

"Even if I'm pregnant, you don't have to spend your time with me. You have your own life and I didn't want to be a burden to you" 

"You are not a burden to me okay. Don't say that. And I'm very much want to spend all my time with you" Kyuhyun said sincerely. "And, have you decided to work at my home?" 

Their food came, and before eating, Ryeowook said "Let's wait whether the result is successful or not. I'll make my decision by then. I still have my father to consider. I mean i will need to travel to and fro to clean and feed him"

"Why not I bring him over too, and both of you stay with me?" 

Ryeowook was so surprised that she almost choke! "What??? No, you don't have to. Ohmygod, Mr Cho, my father is my problem, I will take care of him myself. Please, don't take it as your problem too" 

Instead of answering that, Kyuhyun asked "Do you have a nickname? Like what does your parents call you last time?" 

Ryeowook looked up from slurping her noodle. "Hmmm... they call me Ryeong... and I love the nickname" 

"Can I call you that too?" 

Ryeowook stared at him. He looked so handsome and he kept looking lovingly at her. She knew she likes him a lot, but seeing how caring he is, it's making her falling for him so deeply. But why was he doing all these if their relationship would end 9 months later? Should she just go with her feelings, just accept his care? 

"I... only allow special people to call me that..." Ryeowook said, a bit shyly. 

"Am I not special to you...?" 

"You are... but after all this is over.... " 

"We'll decide what's going to happen after 9 months ok. I have my plans, but let's not discuss it now..." 

"I... mmmm, yes, you can call me Ryeong..." 

Kyuhyun smile happily "Ryeong... please call me Kyuhyun, and not Mr Cho" 

"I can't, if I work at your house, you will be my boss, I can't call you that..." 

"Ryeong, our relationship is different from other people. And I am not going to treat you like a servant. You are special to me. So it's okay, you don't have to be formal with me" 

After his words had sunk in, Ryeowook smile naughtily "Hmmm, in that case, can I call you KyuKyu?"