Finally discharged

Surrogate

 

"If you and harabuji really want to purchase that building and the cafe for me, then I will pay part of it with the surrogate money" Ryeowook said adamantly. She wouldn't take advantage of the Cho family. 

"Ryeong, I told you that the money is yours to keep" 

"And you said I can invest that money..." 

"Yes, you can invest other things. But the building and cafe is a gift from us" 

"No... I will chip in or I won't agree to put my name as the owner" she said stubbornly. 

Kyuhyun took a deep breath. He knew that his wife would object as she never want to take advantage of their family and, now the only way is to allow her to chip in. And he didn't want to upset his wife. 

"Kyu-Kyu please? I don't want to own a building for free. I'm not a freeloader and I don't want people to talk like Lily..." she said sadly. 

Kyuhyun held her hand "Ryeong, calm down. Okay okay I will talk to harabuji and I will convince him to allow you to chip in. Don't be upset about it alright?" Kyuhyun kissed her hand. 

Ryeowook looked away to hold back her tears. There would be others like Lily who would definitely talk that she was a cheap woman who seduced Kyuhyun to buy a building for her. And she couldn't handle that if that really happened. 

Kyuhyun panic seeing his beloved Ryeowook upset and got teary. He sat on the bed and pulled her into his arms. "Ryeong baby, don't be upset, please? I promise I will talk to harabuji...." and hugged her tighter when she wiped her tears. 

Ryeowook buried her face in Kyuhyun's chest, sobbing "There will be other people like Lily, or maybe my lady boss, who will throw remarks at me saying that I seduce you and marry you to buy a building for me. I can't take it because I'm not that kind of person..." she said in between her sobs. 

"I know I know, and I'm sorry I didn't take that into considerations. I'm sorry Ryeong. I fully understand now" and he let her go slighy to wipe her tears and to kiss her. He hugged her again. 

Though he knew that she would object and has somewhat prepared for it, but he fail to think of the consequence again, of what some people might say. He must learn to take care of such things too and what such remarks could do to his wife's feelings. Lesson learnt! 

Kyuhyun was on the phone with harabuji practically the whole night and they had concluded a lot of things and all business deals settled and approved by harabuji. Including the amount of money that Ryeowook could chip in. His harabuji now understood Ryeowook's point of view too, so has no objections, as long as his granddaughter-in-law was happy! 

Ryeowook hugged Kyuhyun when he told her about the decision, that the final surrogate money would be used to finance the purchase of the building and the cafe. 

"Kyu-Kyu, can I take a walk at the hospital garden? I'm tired of lying down and walking around the ward" Ryeowook asked him one morning. 

"Okay I'll ask Dr Jang. If she is okay with it, I'll walk with you" he smile, feeding Ryeowook the last spoonful of oats. 

"I can walk slowly myself, you don't have to accompany me, you can do your work..." 

"Nope... I'm not going to let you walk alone..." he said, shaking his head. He knew that she has always been independent, but the last thing he want now was something to happen to her again. He wanted to take care of her all the way till their baby is born. 

"But I know that you are busy. I don't want to trouble you... " 

"My dear Ryeong, I'm your husband, and my 1st priority is you. Don't worry about my work coz they know how to find me" 

"Okayy" 

Dr Jang gave the green light for Ryeowook to do some walking every morning, so Kyuhyun started to accompany her to go to the garden, after her breakfast. 

The cool air was refreshing and Kyuhyun enjoyed it actually.  "This is lovely, just you and me. Come to think of it, we never go for a walk like this..." Kyuhyun adjusted her sweater while walking slowly with her, and then held her hand tightly. 

"My fault, I was always working and rushing for time. But I truly enjoyed the time we spent at the rides" Ryeowook smile sweetly. 

"I enjoyed it too, and to tell you the truth, I enjoyed every moment I spent with you, even just driving you to work or fetching you" Kyuhyun smile, and added "Let's go somewhere for a holiday, just us". 

"I'm not sure if I can travel though..." 

"We can have a holiday within Korea itself, I'll drive. Maybe somewhere that we can just admire the view and spend time with each other"

"Can we go to somewhere with mountains? Ohh I know, how about Boseong Green Tea Field? I saw it in Korean drama!!" Ryeowook said excitedly 

"That's very south. Should be about 4 hours drive..." 

"Ohhhh, yeah you are driving..." 

"It's okay, we can rest in-between. We need to start driving in the morning though, then we should reach Boseong just after lunch" 

"Sounds good!" Ryeowook smile happily. They have been walking for quite a while and she didn't want to waste Kyuhyun's time. He usually has his conference call in the morning. "Let's go back to the ward..." 

"Are you tired? I carry you?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly. 

"No, I can walk" Ryeowook said, unconsciously touched her tummy. Baby has been behaving great lately, moved a lot but so far he is okay. 

"Ryeong, I carry you" Kyuhyun scooped her up before she protest. His dear wife was still light despite carrying a baby. He must insist her to eat more for a healthy pregnancy. 

Ryeowook loved to be in her husband's arms. She felt so peaceful and loved. She hope that she wasn't heavy, now that their baby was growing bigger. She should walk, right? "Kyu-Kyu, I must be heavy, and your arms will be tired. I can walk..." 

"Nonsense, you are so light. I wasn't even panting! And I love it when you are in my arms" Kyuhyun laughed and reached down to kiss her. He didn't care if others were looking at them. Who cares! This is his beloved wife and she is everything to him now. 

Ryeowook was finally given the green light to be discharged from the hospital, after her checkup during month-end.  Kyuhyun brought her back to their apartment and not to the mansion.

"Ryeong, you rest first, later we visit abunim, okay?" Kyuhyun said once they reached home. 

"Kyu-Kyu, ermmmm, we are okay to make love, right? Dr Jang said so..." Ryeowook said shyly. 

Kyuhyun chuckled and pinched her nose. He scooped her up and carried her to their bedroom. He started kissing her and said huskily "I thought you never ask!! I want you so badly..." and he kissed and made love to her as gentle as he could and hugged her after they had finished. How he loved this woman! They slept for a while before Kyuhyun carried her to the bathroom to wash up. 

While his staff settle the purchase of the building and cafe under harabuji's supervision, Kyuhyun drove down with his wife to Boseung Nokcha Resort. He had earlier told harabuji that he intended to bring Ryeowook for a break and that they had chosen Boseung. Harabuji gave his greenlight and approved his leave, because anything concerning his dear granddaughter-in-law, he would be happy to oblige. 

Harabuji had visited the cafe and purposely chose to sit nearer to the kitchen. He got to hear for himself how horrible the lady boss treated her staff. No wonder his dear Wook suffered a lot! Had he known, he would device a plan for his grandson to meet Ryeowook sooner and saved her. 

He wouldn't recommend the cafe to be closed as the food was nice, the cafe has great ambience, and it was strategically located at the ground floor and the building was at the crossroad. On his way out, harabuji saw the pharmacy that Kyuhyun was telling him about. It was where Ryeowook always bought her father's supplies, with the little money that she has. 

He felt sad that his dear granddaughter-in-law suffered a lot after her parents accident. He was thankful that his grandkids was brought up with strict way of life, so much so that they didn't look down on the under-privilege. And he was happy that Kyuhyun found someone that he himself was happy with, and he adored Ryeowook. That girl worked hard and always positive, and never abandon her sick father.

For the cafe, he planned to teach the lady boss a lesson. After the building acquisition, he would inform the lady boss that she has to report all earnings and staff matters to the new boss. 

And the new boss would be none other than Ryeowook! Harabuji smile happily and went back to his car. He couldn't imagine the look on the lady boss' face!!