King and queen

Surrogate

 

It was indeed a day to remember for the beautiful bride, Ryeowook. She was walking down the aisle with her father on the stretcher, being slowly pushed by a paramedic to match her steps, on her wedding day. She held her father's arm, and turned to smile at Kyuhyun when she saw him stepping towards them.

Kyuhyun bowed respectfully at Mr Kim, who nodded and smiling at him as though giving his blessings. And then Mr Kim looked at his pretty daughter in her wedding gown, and smile at her, making Ryeowook teared again. Ryeowook reached over to kiss her father's forehead and slowly let go of her father's arm, with tears flowing down. She smile through her tears, as the paramedic pulled the stretcher backwards to stay at the backrow. 

The guests, especially Kyuhyun's families, wipe away their tears too, seeing Ryeowook with tears.

Kyuhyun took out his handkerchief and gently wipe her tears. To him, she was the most beautiful bride and this bride would be officially his in a few minutes.

"Thank you for arranging my father to be here. It means a lot to me" Ryeowook whispered to Kyuhyun. She now knew the extend of Kyuhyun's love for her. He would do anything as long as she was happy, and having her father's here to give her away, was beyond her wildest dream.

Kyuhyun dabbed her cheek and kissed her forehead "You are most welcome, my dearest Ryeong. Shall we?"

When Ryeowook nodded with a smile, Kyuhyun offered his hand and they walked slowly towards the priest, with cheering, applause and whistle from the guests.

They exchanged vows, exchanged rings, exchanged sweet kisses, and put in their signatures in the marriage certificate. And finally, they were married!!

Ryeowook hugged old Mr Cho when he stood up and walked to her to congratulate her. "Are you okay dear? Do you want to sit down?"

"I'm okay harabuji. Thank you for arranging for my father to be here. I owe you and Kyu-Kyu a lot because it means a lot to me" Ryeowook tears threatened to flow again.

"My dear, my grandson loves you a lot. It was his idea and I was only helping to negotiate with the care centre. Don't cry okay. I'll get the paramedic to push your father here to take family photos" old Mr Cho said, signalling to his bodyguard, who knew exactly what harabuji instructed him to do.

So Mr Kim was placed together with Kyuhyun's families to take family photos, with Kyuhyun's parents, with the bride and groom, and just with Ryeowook alone. She hugged her father again when the paramedic told her that they have to go, as the centre would need to feed him soon. Reluctantly, Ryeowook gave her consent and told her father that she would visit him soon.

In the changing room, when Kyuhyun pulled her into his arms as he missed her so much, Ryeowook literally collapsed in his arms as she felt very tired. Kyuhyun slowly led her to the sofa seat, get her to sit and he squat in front of her. "Stay here and rest first. I get you some food and warm drink, and  later Chwang will drive us to the hotel as we still have the hotel banquet reception to do.  Ahra noona and Park ahjuma will help you to put on the bridal hanbok".

"Okayyy hubby" Ryeowook lean back appreciatively and smile at him. Kyuhyun pinched her nose and put a pillow behind her so that she could be more comfortable.

He kissed her before leaving the room. He looked gorgeous in his double-ed dark gray wedding suit, and looked good even from his back.

Before they ate, Kyuhyun took some selfies, just the two of them and smooched her whenever he had the chance, until Ryeowook laughingly has to stop him because she wanted to eat!

Throughout the journey to the hotel, Ryeowook slept in Kyuhyun's arm, so much so that both Changmin and Kyuhyun had to whisper to each other when talking, so that they would not disturb the pretty bride. 

The wedding reception was ready awesome. All the guests came with traditional attire and they looked very elegant yet very traditional, that some of the tourist in the hotel even thought that there were a korean period drama being filmed!

"Wow, harabuji's idea is good!! Everybody looked so good in hanbok!!!" Ahra nudged her mother after she re-joined her at the banquet hall entrance. The bride was ready because for this wedding reception, the bridal attire owner, Mrs Park who was a friend of Mrs Cho, would be the one helping Ryeowook to get ready. But later, Ahra would be the one informing Kyuhyun when they should make their appearance into the banquet hall after the reception had started.

Mrs Cho nodded happily and adjusted Ahra's ribbon. "Yes, I hope more families will do like this, so that we can uphold our tradition. See, you yourself look so good in hanbok!"

"Omma, I look good in everything coz I get my good looks from you!" Ahra boldly said, making Mrs Cho laughed. 

Once all the guests were seated, harabuji made his speech to thank all guests for gracing this wonderful day and looking very stunning in their hanbok. 

" So, do I look like a Joseon Prime Minister?" old Mr Cho joked. 

The guests laughed and Changmin shouted "No harabuji, you look like the Palace guard!" prompting harabuji to make faces at him, and the guests, laughed and clapped their hands. 

"No, he's a Chief guard!!" Mr Cho said, and harabuji gave a thumbs up, making the guests laughed again. 

After the speech, Ahra texted Kyuhyun to get ready at the door. The MC started playing a video of the church wedding, and then he announced, "Ladies and gentlemen, joseon prime minister and palace guards..." and the guests laughed "Let us welcome the beautiful couple, our Josean King, Cho Kyuhyun and his beautiful queen, Kim Ryeowook!!" and as the guests stood up, the wedding march music started and the door opened with guys wearing Palace guards stood at the both side of the walkways. 

Kyuhyun looked so stunning in a red Emperor attire, while Ryeowook looked so beautiful in a queen-chum-bridal attire, in pink and white bridal hanbok. The guests clapped, cheered with "Wowwww", whistle, threw sprinklers, and lots of them took photos and videos because the wedding couple looked so stunning and beautiful in traditional attire. 

It was really a night to remember. As the wedding couple went around tables to take group photos afyer dinner, almost everyone wanted to take personal photos with either Kyuhyun or Ryeowook because they looked so good! Kyuhyun was worried that Ryeowook would be too tired and kept holding her waist to give her support and got her to seat as and when they could rest in between group photos. 

Kyuhyun was talking to one of his relatives when Ryeowook patted his hand. "Kyu-Kyu, I go to the ladies for a while..." and she turned around and walked off. 

Kyuhyun excused himself to get his mother's attention who was the hearest to him "Omma, can you accompany Ryeong to the ladies? I don't want her to go alone...." 

"Ohh okay Kyu" and Mrs Cho looked towards the sign to the ladies, and went off. But along the way, she was stopped by one of her relatives to ask about where they rented the beautiful traditional bridal attire from, and Mrs Cho has to entertain her for a while. From the corner of her eyes, she thought she saw somebody in pink bridal costume walked past, so she assumed Ryeowook has came back to the wedding hall. 

Mrs Cho went back to the hall to see whether Ryeowook was okay, but couldn't find her. She tapped Kyuhyun's arm "Did you see Wook came back?" 

Kyuhyun was puzzled. He has been looking out for his wife but have not seen her back from the ladies, so how come his mother asked whether she was back? "Omma, you didn't see her at the ladies?" 

"Along the way, your 2nd great aunt was asking me about the bridal suit, so we talked for a while. I thought I saw Wook walking past...." his mother said, now worriedly looking towards the passageway to the ladies. "I'll go and take a look..." 

"Omma, I go with you" Kyuhyun said, holding his mother's arm and walked with her. He waited outside the ladies room while his mother went in. 

He bowed to one or two guests who came out from the ladies and one of the guest whom he recognised as his 1st great elder cousin, said "I think your bride is too tired. She is sitting down at the seat. You want to help your mother to bring her out? I guard this ladies room entrance" 

"Ohh thank you very much, thank you... " Kyuhyun bowed appreciatively, and stepped into the ladies. He saw his mother was helping his wife to tie her ribbon while asking Ryeowook to hold on to her shoulders. 

"Ryeong..." Kyuhyun called out with concerned and his mother turned towards him.  He stepped towards them and asked his wife "What happened...?" 

"She nearly out after she came out from the cubicle. Luckily one of the guest help her to sit, and she has been sitting here resting. She didn't bring her phone" Mrs Cho said, while soothing and tidy up her daughter-in-law's hair. She really like her daughter-in-law. So humble and so down to earth. Really suit her son so well! 

"I'm okay ommonim, and Kyu-Kyu. Just feeling tired but I will be okay after resting" she bowed slightly at Mrs Cho and then stepped towards Kyuhyun, who outstretched his arm to hold her. 

"Kyu, let her rest in the hotel room. I get the key from Ahra. She has checked in for you and for all of us. You bring Wook to the lift lobby, I go and get Wook's phone from our the table, and the room key. Don't worry about the guests. We'll handle them" Mrs Cho told Kyuhyun. 

"Thank you omma" He said, helping his wife to walk. "Ryeong, I carry you okay?" 

"No, I can walk..." but before she could protest, her husband had already carried her! 

They looked so romantic actually as Kyuhyun walked along the pathway towards the lift lobby, carrying his bride. A few guests who were talking outside the wedding hall cheered for them and Changmin even took their photos and teased them. 

Mrs Cho met them at the lift lobby, with Ryeowook's phone and their room access key. She pressed the lift button for them and told them that their bags had been placed in their room. 

The 'king' carrying 'his queen' got more attention from other hotel guests. They smile and took their photos and admiring the beautiful wedding couple. Ryeowook became shy and beat Kyuhyun playfully for carrying her and kept asking him to put her down. 

"No" was his answer. He bowed to the hotel guests when the lift door opened and walked in with grace, just like a king!