Something nice

Surrogate

 

Harabuji officially let Kyuhyun managed their company fully in all financial matters, and Kyuhyun has been busy managing it and had went back to office, eversince Ryeowook had completed her maternity confinement.

Since his wife assured him that she could look after their son herself, he let her be and didn't persuade her to stay at the mansion. 

Of course Ryeowook prefered to look after their son herself so that she could be assured that nobody took him away from her.

Hyun-Jung was such a cute boy and  Ryeowook feed him fully, and only at night she would feed him formula milk so that he would not be hungry and could sleep through.

Kyuhyun preferred their son to sleep through too so that he could have some quality time with his beloved wife! 

Though Ryeowook didn't want to stay at the mansion, but she would always go over 3 times a week so that harabuji could play with Hyun-Jung. She would usually went over on Tuesday and Thursday during the weekdays, and with Kyuhyun on Sundays. For the weekday visits, Kyuhyun would fetch her and their son before returning back to their apartment. 

The most headache part was when Hyun-Jung started to walk, because he constantly wanted to climb up the staircase whenever they were at the mansion! 

So during his first birthday celebrations with his great grandfather, the minute he noticed that his parents were busy eating or talking, he would wonder to the staircase. 

"Omma........ appa......." Hyun-Jung called them and laughed happily because he managed to climb all the way up. 

Imagine the havoc he created!! Everybody was alarmed and Kyuhyun rushed up the staircase to carry him down!! Ryeowook clenched her heart because she thought Hyun-Jung was just next to her just now!! Harabuji was proud of his great grandson, though he was worried for his safety. He hugged him and kept telling him don't go up the staircase himself because he might fall down, and would get one big egg on his head, making Hyun-Jung laughed cutely. 

Ryeowook could only do her baking when Hyun-Jung slept, or when she went over to the mansion. She would bake together with the helpers while Mrs Shim and harabuji looked after the naughty boy. It was easier to look after him now because he started on full milk bottle, and not feeding anymore. 

It was six months after Hyun-Jung's first birthday that Kyuhyun started going for business trips, because under his leadership, his company managed to expand and many company leaders recognised his capabilities. He managed to clinch some good business deals with companies from China, Singapore, the Middle East and Australia. 

And everytime he came back, he missed Ryeowook and his son dearly, especially his beloved Ryeowook, and they would make love anywhere in their apartment after ensuring that Hyun-Jung has slept.  "I missed you Ryeong!!! I missed you like crazy!!" Kyuhyun would say repeated while kissing her endlessly and made passionate love with her. 

Ryeowook has company meetings every Friday at 2pm, at her building, together with the lady boss, and after that she would bring Hyun-Jung to Kyuhyun's office and they would go for dinner from there. On this particular Friday, Ryeowook was busy baking cookies when her tummy started having cramps. 

"Aishhh, maybe my menses is coming soon..." she told herself. She supplied cookies to the lady boss' cafe and her cookies were very saleable. 

Last year, Ryeowook had suggested to expand the side area of the cafe to be an open cafe for those who just want to sit and relax, and have coffee or toast, pastry or cookies to chill before going to office. It proved to be very successful and the lady boss was quite happy with the outcome as she has endless streaming of customers. She had finally accepted Ryeowook as her boss but was still not in friendly basis. Ryeowook would just rolled her eyes and told herself "Whatever...."

After she had arranged all her cookies in various packaging and containers, Hyun-Jung woke up and called "Omma..... "

Ryeowook quickly sealed her containers and called out "Omma is here, darling. Stay there, I'm coming..." and started walking to her bedroom. But her tummy felt pain and she has to hold the side of her door for support. Slowly, she went in to her bedroom to see her son, clutching her tummy. 

Harabuji has arranged for a driver to drive Ryeowook around whenever she needed a car, and uncle Shin was very helpful and would always talked and joke with Hyun-Jung whenever he drove them around. 

"Hi Mrs Cho! Come, let me carry Hyun-Jung and your paperbag of cookies. You lock your door properly" he bowed and took over carrying Hyun-Jung, who was very happy to see him. 

"Thank you Shin-ajushi" Ryeowook smile and gave a slight bow, and after Uncle Shin took the carrier from her, she locked her door and carried her tote bag which has all the meeting documents, and her handbag. 

"Are you okay ma'am? You look paler than usual" Uncle Shin asked her with concerned, once they had went into the car. He has been more than a driver to her, and regarded her as his daughter, which Ryeowook appreciate it very much. At times, he was the only one whom she could talk too, on how the lady boss treated her all these while and didn't respect her as the boss. 

When harabuji proposed to hire Uncle Shin as Ryeowook's part time driver, Kyuhyun has no objection as he knew Uncle Shin too. He was a distant relative to Uncle Shim, who has lost his job and was having a hard time with life. So he was happy to have this job to supplement his other part time job as a delivery worker. 

"I just feel very tired Shin-ajushi. Maybe I shouldn't keep  standing up while baking these cookies" she sighed, while checking Hyun-Jung's seat belt from behind. Hyun-Jung sat in front because he loved to asked Uncle Shin whatever he saw, so Ryeowook sat at the back. Then she remembered that she has one small tub of cookies for uncle Shin. She quickly opened her tote back and took out the small tub. "This is for you, Shin-ajushi". 

"Ohhh thank you so much ma'am!!! Just the smell of it makes me hungry" he laughed after taking the tub from Ryeowook. 

Ryeowook laughed "And don't share it with this little rascal! He had munch a whole bowl of cookies!!" 

"Cookies nice" Hyun-Jung said with his thumbs up, making both of the adults laughed. 

Along the way, Ryeowook's felt cramps again and she was thankful that she was alone at the backseat, so she leaned back and soothed her tummy to try to ease the pain. Come to think of it, actually she has been having cramps daily but she brushed it aside as it was very mild. Only today it was bad. But her menses didn't come, which was strange. 

"Ohhhh, ohmygod, am I.... am I... pregnant???" realisation hit her. Her last menses was early last month, and has been regular before that. Even Kyuhyun knew her menses period, since it would always came on time during 1st week of every month. 

Since Uncle Shin was busy pointing to buildings to reply to the ever inquisitive little Hyun-Jung, Ryeowook braved herself to feel her tummy. It was indeed hard around her womb area. "Should I.... buy a pregnancy test kit later, at the pharmacy?" she asked herself. After thinking for a while, she decided to go the pharmacy after her meeting. Probably she would ask Uncle Shin to look after Hyun-Jung for a while. 

She remembered she has an extra small tub of cookies in her tote bag to put in Kyuhyun's office, maybe she would give it to the pharmacy owner, since they were already in friendly terms. That way, she would be busy thanking her and hopefully won't asked too much questions on the pregnancy test kit. 

Her meetings went well, though her cramps was still there, but much bearable, and she was thankful for that. Other than the cafe extension, Ryeowook has made lots of improvements to the building exterior, upgraded the lift lobby and installed digital card for access to the office building. Now the security team can monitor the access more securely through real-time program, instead of recording in a big note book, and she has received numerous positive feedback and praises for her initiatives. 

Hyun-Jung must be too tired asking questions in the car, that he slept throughout her meeting, so uncle Shin took care of him at the leather sofa set at the lobby, just outside the meeting room. Usually he would just sat at one corner of the meeting room, drawing something happily because his omma gave him pen and paper. 

So after the meeting, she told Uncle Shin to carry Hyun-Jung back to the car and wait there, because she wanted to go to the pharmacy. Uncle Shin obliged and carried the cute sleeping boy carefully so that he didn't wake him up. 

At the pharmacy, Ryeowook took diapers for Hyun-Jung, his baby powder, wipes and his formula milk. Though her boy has been toilet-trained, but she preferred to put him on diapers at night so that he could sleep through. 

She looked for pregnancy test kit and found it, and read the direction to use because she wasn't familiar on how to use it. She took a box of the test kit and placed it under the wipes in the basket, and carried the basket to the cashier. 

The owner greeted her happily and Ryeowook gave her the cookies, saying that she got extra tub. The owner was so happy and started saying that she ordered the cookies at the cafe everytime she bought coffee and love the cookies a lot!! So Ryeowook tactic worked!! The owner scanned all items without really noticing the pregnancy test kit!!! 

They bid goodbye and Ryeowook carried the items to the car. She kept the pregnancy kit in her handbag and told Uncle Shin that she needed to go to the ladies and would be right back. 

Her heartbeat was beating so loudly and her fingers were practically shaking, when she was waiting for the lines to appear at the test kit, after she had followed the instructions. 

It did, and she thanked God and cleaned herself up, and went out to the wash basin to wash her hand and kept the test kit in her handbag. She walked back carefully to the car and was glad that Hyun-Jung didn't look for her.

They reached Kyuhyun's office and his secretary politely asked them to wait inside his room as Kyuhyun was still in a meeting. Ryeowook brought Hyun-Jung to the toilet and then washed his hand before allowing him to sit at Kyuhyun's seat, and gave him some snacks and water.

When the lift 'ping' and Hyun-Jung heard footsteps, he jumped down from the seat and ran out to the door and when he saw his appa, he just screamed "Appa...."

"Heyyyy my baby is here!!" And Kyuhyun carried him happily and kissed him non-stop until Hyun-Jung laughed and laughed.

"Where's omma?" he asked his son after giving some documents to his secretary and put his son down. Hyun-Jung pointed to his room and ran in, with Kyuhyun following him.

"Heyy Ryeong!!" he went to her at the sofa and kissed her. "You look tired. The meeting okay?" he asked with concerned, soothing her hair. 

"Yes, it went well..." she said smiling.

"Great! Okay give me 5 minutes and we can go off!" he kissed her again and carried Hyun-Jung to sit at his desk  again while he packed his backpack.

They left his office and Kyuhyun drove to Butterfinger Pancakes because their little rascal said he wanted pancakes for dinner. 

After cutting his pancakes, Ryeowook wanted to feed him, but the little rascal wanted to eat on his own, so Ryeowook put the serviette at his teeshirt. Kyuhyun took photos of his cute son trying to eat the pancakes on his own and laughed because his son gave him a triumph look because he managed to put a piece inside his mouth!!

"Ryeong, one of harabuji's business friend in Taiwan offered a business partnership with our company, and invited me to go over for 2 weeks" Kyuhyun started telling her while eating his pancakes.

"Ohhhh...." Ryeowook answered, surprised that his next business trip would be 2 weeks long. How would she survived alone with Hyun-Jung....

"Yeah, so I plan to bring you and Hyun-Jung along. So tomorrow, we apply passport for our son and then I can arrange for us to fly over" Kyuhyun said excitedly.

Ryeowook became worried. Can she fly over?...

"Kyu-Kyu, I... don't think I can fly..."

"Why...? Hyun-Jung is coming along..." Kyuhyun told her, raising his eyebrows. "If you are worried about your cookies, just tell the lady boss that it's not available for 2 weeks...."

"It's not that... "

"Then...?" he looked up at her. 

"I....." Ryeowook didn't know how to tell him. She reached for her handbag and took out the test kit, and slowly passed it over to him. "I'm... pregnant..."