Happy news

Surrogate

 

Kyuhyun frozed and was scared that he had heared it wrongly. He couldn't believe it!!! "What..??"

"I said I'm..." Ryeowook said softly. 

Kyuhyun reached over to hold her hand "Ryeong, I heard you! I just couldn't believe it!!" he carefully let go of her hand and ran over to her side. He pulled a chair from the next table and sat down next to her and pulled her into a hug.  "Ohmygod, Ryeong! We did it!! We naturally did it!!" 

"I'm just using the test kit, we still need confirmation from Dr Jang..." Ryeowook said shyly. 

"Pregnancy test kits are mostly accurate! Ohmygod! I'm so happy!!" He kissed her cheek and kissed her forehead. 

"Appa.... omma..." Hyun-Jung looked at them curiously. 

Kyuhyun turned to him and  laughed. "Jung-ahh, you are going to be a big brother. So you must be a good boy okay?"

Hyun-Jung nodded eagerly but could not talk as his mouth was full! Kyuhyun stood up and grabbed a serviette to wipe his cute mouth. 

"Darling, eat slowly. Omma take your water okay..." Ryeowook said and bend down to take out his water bottle from her tote bag. But her cramp suddenly hit her. "Arhhhh.." 

"Ryeong! Wait wait... Let me do it. I'll take his water bottle" he helped her to lean back, and bend down and took the bottle from her tote bag. He let his son sipped some water, ensured that he swallowed whatever was in his mouth, wiped his cute mouth again, and then he put the bottle on the table. He turned to his wife and put his arm around her "Are you okay?" 

"I've been having this cramps for a few days, but today it was bad..." she said, leaning back. 

"I'm so sorry Ryeong, I've been working late and didn't pay close attention to you. I should be more observant..." he pulled her into his arms. 

"I'm okay, don't worry so much" 

"I'll call Dr Jang tomorrow morning and book an earliest slot okay?"

Ryeowook nodded and moved out of his embrace. She smile at him "I feel better now, you go and eat your pancakes..." 

Kyuhyun soothed her hair lovingly and kissed her temple. He smile and squeezed her hand, and went back to his seat, opposite her. 

"Water..." Hyun-Jung tried to reach his water bottle. 

Ryeowook quickly took his water bottle and lean closer to him to let him sip some water. 

"Why didn't I notice it?..." Kyuhyun was looking at her.

"Hmmm? What..?" Ryeowook looked at him confusedly. 

"Your are bigger. I should have noticed it..." 

Ryeowook took her napkin and threw it at him, earning his laughter. "Are you saying that I put on weight?!!!" 

"When you are pregnant, you always put on weight around your ...." he chuckled. 

"Tsk..." she turned away from him and started eating her pancakes again.

Kyuhyun laughed, and then said after a few minutes "Anyway Ryeong... I will discuss with harabuji to push back the Taiwan's business trip"

"You should just go, Kyu-Kyu. Business is important too. I can stay at the mansion..." 

"How can I go when you are in your early stage of pregnancy? I can't. I'll be too worried...." 

"You told me ommonim will be flying over next week, right? So if I stay at the mansion, I will have her company. And Hyun-Jung will be taken care off too"

"I will still be worried, I can't help it. I want to take care of you..." 

"It's just for two weeks" 

"Precisely why I suggested to bring you and our son along, because it will be two weeks. I will miss you and Jung to death if I didn't see you two. And worst now that I know your condition, I can't be away from you"

"Okay, you talk to harabuji first then..."

"Yes, I will call him tomorrow after I call Dr Jang"

They finished their dinner and Kyuhyun brought Hyun-Jung to the washroom, and asked Ryeowook to stay at her seat first. Once their washroom business done, Kyuhyun carried Hyun-Jung to make the payment. 

Ryeowook took her bag and her son's water bottle and walked slowly to join them at the cashier. Hyun-Jung was so cute, kept asking his daddy for his card because he wanted to tap the card at the payment terminal. 

Hyun-Jung then turned to his mother and wanted her to carry him. "Omma" he said, outstretching his cute hands. 

"No, Jung-ahh, Omma is tired. Appa carry you, okay..?" Kyuhyun held his hands to pull him back. 

"I think he's sleepy already" Ryeowook said, soothing their son's head. 

Kyuhyun kissed their son and let him leaned on his shoulder. His other hand held Ryeowook's hand. "Still cramp?" 

Ryeowook shook her head and smile at him. "Next year if both our kids sleep, each of us have to carry one"

Kyuhyun chuckled and held her hands tighter. "We get strollers! If you are pregnant again, I'm not going to let you carry them" 

"Aisshhhh Kyu-Kyu, two is enough!" 

"No, I want at least 3 kids..." he laughed and adjusted his son. 

"You hold him properly. I can hold on to your arm" Ryeowook told him, gesturing him to hold Hyun-Jung with both hands. 

At their car, Ryeowook sat at the back so that she could hold on to their sleeping son. Kyuhyun made sure that his wife was comfortable and their son's head didn't pressed her tummy,and helped her to buckle up. He kissed her and kissed their son, and then went to his driver seat and drove off. 

It turned out that there was a slot on that Saturday itself, when Kyuhyun called Dr Jang on Saturday morning. Apparently one of her patient cancelled her appointment, so Dr Jang agreed to slot Ryeowook in. 

They sent Hyun-Jung to the mansion, saying that Ryeowook has a checkup, and Kyuhyun told harabuji that he needed to talk to him later. 

At Dr Jang's clinic, when she confirmed that Ryeowook was 6 weeks pregnant, Kyuhyun was jubilant and hugged his wife and thanked Dr Jang. 

"Congratulations!!!" Dr Jang told them, smiling widely. "Okay, Mrs Cho, let's check your baby!" she said gesturing her to lie down on the bed. 

"Here we go again..." Ryeowook smile to herself, but this round, she has a husband, so she would not feel awkward lying down with both feet up!

Kyuhyun help her to lie down and  held her hand. "We are going to see our baby, Ryeong!" he smile happily and kissed her forehead. 

Ryeowook smile but couldn't help being scared, recalling the cold camera pen inserted into her previously. So when Dr Jang started the insertion, she closed her eyes! 

"There... there's your baby!!" Dr Jang said, and Ryeowook opened her eyes to see the ultrasound scan monitor. Kyuhyun squeezed her hand because they could even hear their baby's heartbeats. 

"Doctor, I constantly have cramps, and yesterday was bad. Is it because my body is still adjusting to the pregnancy?" Ryeowook asked her. 

Dr Jang gave an "Ohhh?.." expression and then said "Let me check your amniotic fluid okay? Give me a second, I need to extract some fluid" and age told the nurse to get her some equipments. "Mrs Cho, how was the cramp, just pain at the abdominal area or pushing downwards?" 

"Hmmm, pain around my abdominal area until I couldn't walk" Ryeowook told her. 

"Why didn't you tell me..." Kyuhyun soothed her hand with his thumb. 

"By the time you came back from work, I didn't feel the cramp..." she told him. 

"Okay, you will feel slight painful, just bear for a while ya" Dr Jang told her and slowly inserted another equipment and Ryeowook squirmed in pain when she turned the equipment to extract some fluid. "Alright, Mrs Cho, just relax. I got some samples already. Just relax and stay here first, okay" she slowly withdrew the equipment and put the fluid in a test tube and passed it to the nurse. Both of them went out and Dr Jang gave some instructions to the nurse. 

"Are you okay?" Kyuhyun soothed her hair lovingly, and wiped her tears. He kissed her forehead and said "I love you Ryeong, really really love you". 

Ryeowook smile and said "I know... " and then soothed her abdominal area "I hope baby is okay... "