Grand Park

Surrogate

 

The acquisition of the building where the cafe was situated, has been completed, and Kyuhyun got Ryeowook's signature to use the surrogate partial money to pay for the acquisition, as per her request. 

After a few days of rest, Kyuhyun allowed his wife to bake the cookies, and on Saturday, brought Ryeowook out to buy more maternity attire as her tummy has grown bigger, and he insisted to get 2 sets of office attire too, because she needed to attend the official handover of the building.

"Kyu-Kyu, it's so expensive. One set is enough...." 

"Get 2 sets. You can keep them for our 2nd baby..." 

"Tsk...." she rolled her eyes. 

"As I said, I want our 2nd baby to conceive naturally..." he whispered to her. 

"But it's like 2 years later..."

"It might be earlier, if we do so often" Kyuhyun said, smiling naughtily, and laughed when Ryeowook beat him. "But seriously Ryeong, I want you to look good in front of your ex-lady-boss. Let her feel that she needs to look up to you now!" 

"I don't think so she will respect me. She might jeered at me and maybe said that I marry you for money..." 

"Then I will tell her off, my way..." 

Ryeowook took a deep breath and took the 2 sets that she had tried. One set was a 3-piece-suit, with a white maternity blouse, and a dark blue maternity skirt, with matching dark-blue blazer.  Another set was a dark grey maternity straight-cut dress, and a matching knitted short jacket in lighter grey. She admit that she looked good in both, it's just that it was expensive. "Alright, I take these 2, plus these other maternity outfits" Ryeowook pointed to her basket. 

"Great! Let's pay and we drop by a cafe for you to eat"  Kyuhyun took the basket and held her hand to walk to the cashier. 

"Kyu-Kyu, wait, I need to buy bra" she said softly, at the 'bra' part. 

"Ohh.. over there Ryeong" Kyuhyun pointed and guided her to the maternity lingerie section on their left. 

Ryeowook took size 36 cup A, and was checking the hook. 

"Yours is Cup B my dear..." Kyuhyun nudged her elbow. 

"No..." 

"Yes..." and he took same size but Cup B for her. 

"How do you know...?" 

"How could I not know, yours are mine" 

"But I use Cup A... " 

"That was then, now you are Cup B" 

Ryeowook still didn't think that her has grown that much, eventhough she was pregnant. She took both bras and compare the size. 

"Ryeong, trust me. I hold and yours every night...." Kyuhyun said casually, as though talking about size was their normal conversation. 

Ryeowook chuckled, playfully pushed Kyuhyun away, and took 3 sets of cup B bra. She grabbed a pack of 6 maternity underwear size L too and put all in the basket. 

"Are you sure you are size L?" Kyuhyun took the underwear pack to check. 

"Shut up and walk..." Ryeowook pulled his arm along. 

Kyuhyun laughed. His wife actually didn't really put on much weight except for her and tummy. She was still petite and slim which Kyuhyun loved, because he could hug her easily, with tummy and all. 

He has decided to work from home until she has given birth because he was always worrying about her. At times, he found her carrying plant pots around, arranging them to get more sunlight, and at times, she was on a stool trying to reach things on the higher cabinet. Ryeowook might think that she was okay doing all these dangerous things but Kyuhyun might die of heart attack! 

"Kyu-Kyu, can we go for a walk?" Ryeowook asked him, once they had arranged their shopping bags at the car boot, and settled on their seats. 

"Aren't you tired after all these shopping?" Kyuhyun asked. 

"A bit, but I want to get some fresh air..." 

Kyuhyun smile at her. She looked so pretty and he couldn't resist to kiss her. "Okay, shall we go to Grand Park? Han River is too crowded" 

"Okay...!" She smile sweetly at him. She got another kiss from him and he helped her to buckle up. 

They reached Grand Park and Kyuhyun could easily find car park slot as it wasn't crowded. Ryeowook brought her small Prada tote bag along with her bottle of water, tissue pack, biscuits, and umbrella. 

They walked hand in hand and Kyuhyun carried Ryeowook's mini tote bag. Ryeowook was glad that she had decided to put on comfortable sandal this morning before they left their apartment, so she could walk comfortably now that they were in the park. 

"Kyu-Kyu...." 

"Hmmmm.. ?" 

"If harabuji didn't force you to give him a great grandchild, would you have married by now...? 

"I don't think so...." 

"You are such an eligible bachelor, you would be highly sought after..." 

"I don't like any of them, to be frank... maybe I was waiting for that special someone who was too busy running around shuffling 2 jobs...." 

"I wonder if we would meet if not for that surrogate thing..." 

"We might, because my client's office wasn't that far from your cafe. I might dropped by for lunch... and maybe became smitten by one of the staff.... the one with short hair, petite, very pretty, hardworking..." Kyuhyun chuckled at her. He bring up their entwined hands and kissed her hand. 

Ryeowook giggled. She knew if they were fated to be married, even if she turned back the clock, they would still ended up being together. The power of God and all His clever planning!

Kyuhyun felt good, just strolling slowly with his wife. The weather was breezy and wasn't too chilling. "This is a nice place! We should come back here with our son..." he said, seeing some family having a picnic with their kids. 

"Yes we should...."

"I want a girl for our 2nd kid... So we have a pair" 

"So we stop at 2?"

"No.... my ideal is 3, but I don't mind 4...."

Ryeowook reached up to pinch his nose. "I haven't even give birth to our 1st...." 

"I'm just planning ahead!" he laughed. 

Kyuhyun gestured them to sit at an iron rot long seat, under a shady tree. He helped her to sit comfortably and put her tote bag next to him.  He wrapped an arm around her. 

"Ryeong, isit okay if you try normal delivery? I'm not in favour of a caesarean... I couldn't bear to see your tummy being cut... " 

"Yes, I want a normal delivery too. I guess last time Dr Jang advice for a caesarean delivery because I wasn't married...." 

Kyuhyun pulled her closer "I'll be with you when you give birth. I hope baby behave well and come out quickly, so that you don't suffer too much pain" he soothe her tummy. 

"Maybe you fainted before baby is out..." Ryeowook chuckled. 

Kyuhyun laughed "Have faith in me, Ryeong!" he pinched her nose, and place his hand in her tummy again. That was when he felt that his baby kicked his hand. "Woah, baby didn't believe me too. Ok baby, daddy will prove to you that daddy won't faint!!" he brought his head nearer to his wife's tummy and told his baby. 

Ryeowook giggled, making Kyuhyun laughed and kissed her. "Kyu-Kyu we are in public..." she said shyly, after noticing that an elderly couple looked at their direction. 

"So what? We are husband and wife... let them look..." 

"Let's go back? I'm hungry..." Ryeowook told him. 

"Okay" he said, standing up to help her up. Then he noticed that her legs were swelling due to water retention. "Ryeong, I carry you? Your legs are swelling..." 

"It's okay, I can walk. I heard that it's normal to have water retention during the last trimester" 

"Let's walk slowly then" he held her hand and intertwined their fingers. They started walking and he asked her "Do you to munch biscuits first?" 

"Okay maybe I should..." she said gesturing to take over her tote bag. But Kyuhyun didn't want to pass it to her. He took a pack of biscuits, and tore the cover for her, then he passed the pack to her. 

"Thank you hubby..." 

"You are welcome, wifey" 

Ryeowook giggled again and she looked so cute, giggling while putting the biscuit in . 

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a monkey ran towards them and jumped to the railing and attempted to grab the pack of biscuits that Ryeowook was holding. 

"Arrgghhhh ohmygod!!!..." Ryeowook was shocked and let go of the biscuits. 

Kyuhyun was shocked too, and automatically blocked her from the monkey, hold her to stay behind him. Another elderly couple came forward to shoo off the monkey. The monkey managed to grabbed the pack of biscuits on the pathway but then another 2 monkeys came out and attempted to grab the biscuits from the 1st monkey. They could not, and then their attention towards Kyuhyun and the rest. 

2 park ranges rushed towards them and used their sticks to shop off the monkeys. 

"Ma'am, are you all right?" one of the ranger asked Ryeowook, seing that she was pregnant and was in shocked. 

Kyuhyun pulled her closely and checked her palm. "Oh nooooo..., it's bleeding!" and scrambled to take out his handkerchief. 

Ryeowook looked down at her palm. She was still in shocked and now seeing her blood, she suddenly felt dizzy. And everything went black..