Unconscious

Surrogate

 

They visited Mr Kim's grave the following Saturday, before Kyuhyun, harabuji and uncle Shim left for the Taiwan business trip the next day. 

Ryeowook teared while placing some flowers and seeing his name on his grave. Kyuhyun put Hyun-Jung down and helped him to squad down next to Ryeowook. 

"Jung-ahh, this is your grandfather, which is omma's appa" Kyuhyun told his son gently when he looked at him questioningly. 

Ryeowook smile at his son and gently took his hands and place both hands together as a symbol of respect. Hyun-Jung looked at his mother and smile, and closed his eyes tightly. Ryeowook smile again because he was such a cute little boy. 

"Appa, this is Hyun-Jung and he is a big boy now, and.... I'm carrying your second grandchild. I hope you and omma are happy together and oversee us from heaven. Please be happy always.... and we love you, appa" she said, with tears rolling down her cheeks. 

Kyuhyun sat next to his wife and put his arm around her shoulder. Then he did a silent prayer too, and promised his father-in-law that he would take good care of his little family. 

"Omma, harabuji?" Hyun-Jung pointed at the tomb. 

"Yes, darling, this is where harabuji rest. He was a nice person and very kind but he left before you were born..." Ryeowook told her little son. 

"Harabuji..." he waved at the tomb happily. 

Kyuhyun whispered at Ryeowook's ear "I think he saw his harabuji standing there, smiling at him. You know little kids always see things that we couldn't see" 

Ryeowook turned to him because she just realised it!. That must be it! Hyun-Jung wasn't asking whether the tomb belongs to harabuji, but because he saw harabuji looking happily at them! 

Ryeowook knew that her father's spirit saw them and she wipe her tears. "Appa, please be happy okay. We love you very much..." and more tears rolled down. 

"Heyyy, don't cry. Abunim is happy to see us, don't make him sad..." Kyuhyun wiped her tears with his handkerchief. 

Ryeowook nodded and calmed down. How she wished that she could hug her father again and kissed his forehead, like she used to do before she left for work last time. 

After a while, they left the grave and walked back to their car. Ryeowook looked back and waved. She wasn't sure that her appa was still there, but she waved at the tomb anyway. 

On the morning before the men fly off to Taiwan, Ryeowook was having a bad cramp. She didn't want Kyuhyun to get worried so she just hide her pain, and kept her medicines in her pocket so that she could take them later after breakfast. 

She was actually okay in the early morning, but after her morning sickness, that was when she started feeling the cramp. 

"Ryeong, are you okay?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly, noticing that she looked pale. Somehow, he always knew when his beloved wife was not well. "Sit down, I get ajumoni to serve breakfast now so that you can take your medicines". 

"Kyu-Kyu, I can manage, please don't worry..." Ryeowook assured him after he came back from the kitchen. 

"I know you are in pain. You are just hiding from me, right? Are you having cramps again?" Kyuhyun sat next to her, pulling her to him. 

"I'll take the pain killers after breakfast, so please don't worry too much. You go and get ready to go to the airport" Ryeowook gently pushed him to get up, but Kyuhyun didn't budge. 

Ajumoni came with breakfast tray for Ryeowook. She made quaker oats, and salad with mango pudding.  Ryeowook thanked her and started eating her oats. Hyun-Jung was still sleeping, so she would have a peaceful breakfast. 

Kyuhyun soothed her tummy while she was eating "Ryeong, please text me if you are in pain, okay? I want to know, and please don't hide it from me..." 

"You are on a business trip. How can I burden you with my trival pain..." she told him. 

"I still want to know... and don't say it's just a trival pain! I know it's painful, else you wouldn't look so  pale." he said, kissing her temple. "Anyway Ryeong, I think our baby has long legs too, like me and Hyun-Jung. That's why when our baby moves or stetches, you will feel the pain because your womb size is small coz you are so petite" 

"I guess so. I'll be a dwarf when the two kids grow up!!" 

"Three..." 

"Including you, you mean?" 

"No, three kids. I want three kids" 

"Kyu-Kyu..." Ryeowook made a face. "I'm the one who has to go through the pregnancies". 

"I will be with you throughout the 9 months...." he told her convincingly. 

"Don't stress me.." Ryeowook told him and finished up her food. 

Kyuhyun laughed and pinched her nose "Okay, take your medications and rest, before our son wakes up" he said, while collecting her bowl and salad plate and brought them to the kitchen. 

Harabuji and uncle Shim came down and Changmin helped them with their luggage and bags. 

"Chwang, are you driving us to the airport?" Kyuhyun asked him after he came out from the kitchen. 

"Yup, I have to make sure you fly off and not turn back here to be with Wook" he said jokingly, making everyone laughed. 

Kyuhyun chuckled "I wish I can...." and wrapped both arms around Ryeowook's neck from the back, and kissed her head. 

"I've already cut down your business trip to 1 week" Harabuji playfully scolded him. "Wook, please scold your husband" 

"I keep asking him to go, harabuji. I told him I'll be okay.... but he is always worried about me... "

"You are being overly protective, Kyu....! Relax, Wook will be okay. We will look after her and Jung" Changmin told him too.

"Okayyyy... I trust her in your hands!" Kyuhyun said, and gently held his wife face towards him, and kissed her "Take care, Ryeong. I call you and Hyun-Jung tonight, okay?"

Ryeowook nodded "Goodbye Kyu-Kyu, have a safe flight"

"Kiss Hyun-Jung for me" he said, kissed her again, smile, and turned to walk out with harabuji. Mrs Cho came down too, and after Ryeowook greeted her, they walked to the door too.

At the airport, Kyuhyun was already missing his wife. He didn't understand himself too. He has gone for several business trips lately after Hyun-Jung was born, but this round he felt different. Must be because Ryeowook was pregnant.

Before the plane took off, he did a silent prayer that his wife would be okay.

That night when he did a video call, Hyun-Jung was so excited to see his appa on the screen. Mrs Cho had texted Kyuhyun for him to call her line instead, which she had linked it to the ipad. 

"Appa, appa!!!" he pointed to the Ipad screen and laughed. He showed Kyuhyun what he was eating, which was a cookie.

"How many cookies did you eat? Don't eat too many okay, Jung-ahh" Kyuhyun smile happily seeing how happy his son was, munching the cookies. 

Hyun-Jung showed 5 fingers and laughed happily when Mrs Cho pinched his cheek.

Kyuhyun laughed. "You ate 5 cookies?!!! That's a lot..!!" 

"Cookies nice" Hyun-Jung showed his thumb to his appa. 

"Okay okay, you drink water later, ok darling?" he told him, and Hyun-Jung nodded and smile at him.  Kyuhyun then asked his mother, who was next to Hyun-Jung. "Omma, where is Ryeong..." Kyuhyun asked her.

"She's lying down, she still having a bad cramp. Poor girl, she endure the cramp for the whole day..." Mrs Cho told him softly. 

"Ohmygod...." he sighed. His poor wife. "Is she sleeping? I want to talk to her omma..." 

"Hold on, I get ajumoni to look after Hyun-Jung" Mrs Cho turn off the video mode and called the head helper. After giving the instructions, Mrs Cho came back to the call "Hold on Kyu, I go up to your room" 

Mrs Cho entered Kyuhyun's room, and saw that Ryeowook was lying down sideways. But something was wrong. She looked extremely pale. 

"Wook dear, are you okay? Kyu wants to talk to you...." she gently shook her daughter-in-law. "Wook...." 

"Omma, it's okay if she's sleeping.." Kyuhyun said over the call. 

"Ohmygod Kyu, I think she fainted" Mrs Cho showed to her son how pale Ryeowook was and that she seemed to be unconscious. 

"Ohmygod Omma! Can you get Chwang to send her to the hospital?!! I will text you and him the gynae number. Please omma, hurry!!" Kyuhyun sound desperate. Who wouldn't be, if his beloved wife looked so deadly pale and unconscious!! 

"Okay, okay, I update you later" she said, and off the connection. She ran to the door and called out Changmin and his mother. 

Changmin immediately carried her down and together with Mrs Cho, they rushed her to the hospital. 

Mrs Shim stayed back at the mansion to look after Hyun-Jung. Luckily the poor boy has fallen asleep. Mrs Shim could only pray that Ryeowook would be okay...