Permission

Surrogate

 

The announcement stunned Ryeowook. "Ohmygod, I'm really pregnant! It's really happening! I'm fulfilling the contract!" Ryeowook said to herself happily. To her, an agreement still need to be fulfilled, whether she loves Kyuhyun or not.

She felt herself being pulled into a hug. Kyuhyun held her with one arm around her back and one hand at the back of her head. "You are pregnant Ryeong!!" he said happily. She knew he felt relief that the result was positive. 

The truth was, Kyuhyun himself felt so surreal. He was going to be a father! Other than fulfilling his grandfather's wish, he had been wanting this pregnancy to happen so that he could take care of this woman whom he has fallen in love with. He hope that Ryeowook could be officially his soon. That was something he still has to work on.

"Thank you Dr Jang, we are really happy with the news!" Kyuhyun said. 

"Doctor, so I'm two weeks pregnant? Lately I feel easily tired and always hungry, so these are due to the pregnancy?" 

"Yes, and I'm sorry to tell you that it will continue until you reach your 1st trimester, where you will feel better because your body has accepted the growing baby and stabilise itself. But before that, around your 7th or 8th weeks, you feel nauseas because your body hormones will start to react"

"I see, okay. So sorry for my question because this is something new to me" 

"It's okay, it's good to know before hand" Dr Jang smile. "Okay, I will need to see you again in 2 weeks time to check the baby's growth. Remember not to carry heavy stuff, not to do vigorous activities and munch something, maybe biscuits, so that you will not be too hungry" 

"Thank you, Dr Jang" Kyuhyun stood up and shook her hand. He held Ryeowook's hand and they bowed slightly and walked out the room. 

"KyuKyu, I go to the washroom first" Ryeowook told him, and let go of his hand. She turned around and started walking but realised Kyuhyun followed her. She rolled her eyes "I can go myself..." 

"I send you..."

"It's the ladies...." Ryeowook pointed at the sign on the door. 

"Ohhh... yeah, okay, I'll wait here.."
Kyuhyun chuckled. He couldn't help it to be over-protective because he just wanted to make sure that she was okay.

Kyuhyun texted his grandfather to inform him of the good news. He looked up and saw Ryeowook came out and started walking towards where he was, but a guy suddenly rushed through and hit Ryeowook's right shoulder, causing her to spun backwards.

Alarmed, Kyuhyun rushed and grabbed her "Are you okayyy??"

"Yyyeahh... a bit dizzy... He caught me by surprise"

Kyuhyun slowly led her to a bench and get her to sit. He knew she always brought a bottle of water in her tote bag, so he took it out and get her to drink. 

"Thank you" she smile to ease his worried look. "I'm okay..." 

"Want to eat lunch first then we visit the full day care centre?" Kyuhyun asked, but before Ryeowook could answer, his phone started ringing. Kyuhyun took it out of his pocket and glanced at her and said  "harabuji", raising his eyebrows.

"Annyeong, harabuji! You got my text? Yes, great news, isn't it?!! Yes, Ryeong is okay. She's here with me. Ermm, yeah we are still here. No, not yet. We are actually going for lunch.. " Kyuhyun looked at Ryeowook. "You mean now?" Kyuhyun facepalm. "Alright, alright, see you harabuji" Kyuhyun off his phone and took a deep breath. 

"Harabuji wants us to go over?"  Ryeowook asked. 

"... And to have our lunch there"  Kyuhyun told her. "I thought we could visit the care centre today..." 

"We can go after that. I applied leave at Seven-Eleven too. Let's go then..." she kept her water bottle and accepted Kyuhyun's extended hand. 

While Kyuhyun drive, Ryeowook said casually to him "You are going to be a father..." 

Kyuhyun smile and held her left hand "Frankly speaking, it's a mixed feeling. I am very very happy that it's positive, but on the other hand, I'm worried about you" he glanced at Ryeowook "Don't ask me why, I just can't help it".

Ryeowook smile and looked down "You are so caring, like a husband..." 

"I want to be that... and take care of you.. " he squeezed Ryeowook's hand. 

"I'm carrying your baby. I won't go anywhere..." 

"How can I sleep at night, if my mind is full of you" 

"Don't bluff, you have your work to think about..." 

Kyuhyun chuckled "I'm serious..." 

They reached the mansion, and a vallet politely opened Ryeowook's door when Kyuhyun stopped at the front porch driveway. Kyuhyun walked over to thank the vallet and passed him his car key. He held Ryeowook's hand and led her inside the house. 

"My dear Ryeowook!! Come, sit here!!" harabuji was seated at the living room, apparently waiting for them. 

They greeted him and Kyuhyun let her sit near to his grandfather. Harabuji was all smiles, and asked Ryeowook "How are you feeling?" 

"I'm fine harabuji, thank you for asking" Ryeowook smile at him. 

"You are carrying our future generation. I want you to be part of our family!" old Mr Cho said, smiling. 

"What do you mean, harabuji?" Ryeowook glanced at Kyuhyun who was as clueless as her. 

"Do you like Kyuhyun?" he asked, straight to the point. 

Ryeowook looked down shyly. "Yes I do..." she said, making Kyuhyun smile happily. 

"Harabuji, what are you trying to say?" Kyuhyun intervened. 

"I want you two to get married" old Mr Cho dropped the bomb. 

Ryeowook looked up, surprised. She knew Kyuhyun has been dropping hints that he would like them to tie the knot, but she never expected that harabuji to bring this up! The head of the household! 

"Ha... harabuji... I... I am a nobody.. my family background is very different from yours...and.." 

"Do I look like I look down on you and your family?" old Mr Cho looked at her kindly. Finally, Kyuhyun found a gem through this surrogacy. This is the woman that he knew would make his precious grandson happy! So his plan really worked!  He would received two presents! A great grandchild and a pretty and humble grand-daughter-in-law! 

Ryeowook was unsure of what to say "No... but I... what will the rest of the family say..? What will Kyuhyun's parents say... do they accept me...?" 

Kyuhyun reached over and put his arm around her. "Harabuji, let me introduce her to our family first, to make her feel at ease. Ryeong is like this, she never take anything for granted and will never take advantage of me or on us..." 

"Very well. I will get everyone together next Saturday including your parents, Kyu. We will introduce her officially and set your wedding date" old Mr Cho told them. He asked Ryeowook in s friendly voice "Will you be okay with that my dear?" 

Ryeowook started to tear. She never expected to be accepted by old Mr Cho, and felt an utmost grateful that God bestowed such kind people to her. 

"Heyyy, don't cry..." Kyuhyun pulled her into a hug. "You are precious to me and harabuji, not just because of the baby. It is you who has captured my heart and I am really sincerely in love with you" Kyuhyun hugged her tightly. He didn't care if harabuji was there. He just wanted Ryeowook to sober down and feel better. He slowly let go of her and wipe her tears with his handkerchief. 

Harabuji was happy seeing Kyuhyun loving someone wholeheartedly. Though he was always strict with him in managing his business, he loved Kyuhyun the most, and now he felt that he could leave this World in peace when the time comes, knowing that his precious grandson would lead a happy life. 

"Ajumoni, set the table ready for the three of us" old Mr Cho called the old lady maid, who was also the head of all helpers. 

"Yes, sir" she bowed at him, and quickly went to the kitchen. 

"Kyu, bring Ryeowook up to your room and let her rest for a while. I'll call you when lunch is ready" 

"Yes, harabuji" Kyuhyun said and held Ryeowook's hand. She bowed politely at harabuji and followed Kyuhyun. 

The staircase was grand, and carpeted in the middle. It felt soft and Ryeowook could even felt its softness eventhough she put on the house-slippers. She looked down to see her slippers, it was in small blue stripes and very clean. 

As if following her thoughts, Kyuhyun asked "Can I ask you something? Do you like giraffe and penguin a lot?" Kyuhyun , recalling her slippers and mugs. 

Ryeowook chuckled "I like giraffe! To me they are an amazing animal, long neck with pretty eye-lashes. And because I'm short, and I always hope that I could find somebody tall as my life partner!" Ryeowook said shyly. 

"Really?! Well, you found what you were hoping for!!" Kyuhyun , and squeezed her hand, making her to smile shyly. He led her to his room. It was huge, tidy and cozy. "Ryeong, welcome to my room in this mansion!" 

"Wow, i think my room, bathroom and kitchen if I combine, can fit into here! And you have a sofa set and a study corner too!" Ryeowook walked around to admire everything. 

Kyuhyun closed the door but didn't lock it. He stepped towards her and wrapped his arm around her waist from the back. He slowly turned her around and kissed her. 

"KyuKyu, somebody will walk in..." Ryeowook looked down shyly after the kiss. 

Kyuhyun led her to sit at the sofa. He put one arm at the back of the sofa, and gently turned her so that they were facing each other. Ryeowook looked up at him innocently and she looked so adorable. 

"Kiss me" Kyuhyun asked her softly. 

"Why....?" 

Kyuhyun brought her hands up to each side of his face, and waited for her to make her move. His eyes were telling her how he felt and she became mesmerised by just looking at his eyes. She slowly reached up and kissed him. He laughed and pulled her closer kissed her back. 

There was a knock on the door, and a helper said "Master Kyuhyun, lunch is ready". 

Ryeowook pulled back so Kyuhyun stopped kissing. He said "Okay we'll be downstairs soon" and turned back to Ryeowook and chuckled, because she looked so flushed. He asked her gently "Do you want to go to the washroom first?" 

Ryeowook nodded. She did saw a door to an attached bathroom in Kyuhyun's bedroom when she stepped into the room just now, so she got up slowly. She stopped because she felt slightly dizzy, not because of her pregnancy but because of the kiss! 

Kyuhyun immediately got up and helped her. She said her thanks and went in to the bathroom. 

Old Mr Cho sat at the head of the table and he told Ryeowook to sit next to him and Kyuhyun to sit opposite Ryeowook. The spread was a lot and Ryeowook was spoilt for choice! She added lots of pickles on her rice because she wanted to eat something sour.

Old Mr Cho took some meat for her and added some vegetables "Don't just eat pickles. You need some nutritious food" he said kindly to her.

"Thank you harabuji. I just feel like eating something sour" Ryeowook smile and started eating.

"Why...?" Kyuhyun asked her

"She's pregnant, that's why. You need to learn all these things!" Harabuji beat Kyuhyun with his serviette. 

"Ohhh... I didn't know! Okay okay I will do reseach on all these pregnancy things!" Kyuhyun put up his hand as though he was taking an oath, making Ryeowook giggled and closed . Kyuhyun laughed at her. 

"I know you are dying to sit next to her! Come over and sit there!" old Mr Cho teasingly scolded Kyuhyun and pointed him to the seat next to Ryeowook. 

Immediately, Kyuhyun got up and carried along his plate over to the seat next to Ryeowook, making both old Mr Cho and Ryeowook laughed. 

They eventually took their leave around 3pm, after saying goodbye to harabuji. Once in the car, Ryeowook felt tired, and leaning her head on Kyuhyun's car backrest, she asked him "KyuKyu, can we go to the full-day care centre tomorrow? I'm tired..." 

"Sure. Are you okay? Let me adjust the seat so that you can relax better" and he adjusted the seat to incline slightly backwards. Ryeowook thanked him and felt more relax. 

Kyuhyun was talking about what he has find out about the full-day care centre from the website, and when Ryeowook didn't respond, he glanced at her. She was sleeping!! 

"Ohmygod, she must be so tired!"  Kyuhyun said, pitying her. 

Once he reached her home, he unlocked her door from her key pouch in her tote bag, and then carried her into her bedroom. He removed her shoes, kissed her forehead and tucked her with blanket. He the fan and quietly left the room. 

Kyuhyun knew how to clean her father as he has been helping her, so he set to work. He greeted Mr Kim and told him that Ryeowook is sleeping, so he would be the one cleaning him. 

After her father has been cleaned, he started handling the milk to feed him through the tube. Kyu noticed that Mr Kim kept looking at him. 

"Abunim, actually I have some something to ask you" Kyuhyun finished up the milk and then removed the tube. He put everything in a bowl to be washed and sterilised later. 

He then pulled a stool and sat next to Mr Kim. "Abunim, I love Ryeong a lot and I cannot live without her" Kyuhyun confessed. Then he held Mr Kim's hand "Abunim, may I have your permission to marry Ryeong? I promise that I will love her and take care of her as long as I live..." 
Kyuhyun bowed and expected Mr Kim to smile. 

But what he saw, surprised him. Ryeowook's father cried! Tears flow down from each side of his eyes...