Twinkle

Something between us

...when I'm with you.

Eunbi frowned and reluctantly opened her eyes. Despite the exhaustion, her body stood up on its own and went to the small table in front of the bed. She took a pencil and started writing. Her mind was filled with ideas and the melody pushed her to continue writing, motivating her fingers to finish what she started.

Eunbi smiled as she read the first finished verse of the sudden song that had brought her out of bed.

She hummed and tweaked it before finally leaving it on the clean surface. She smiled proudly and sighed in relief.

Unexpectedly she found herself writing again and when she was satisfied with the work she jumped up to her bed.

"Chae? Chae! Chaeyeonnie! ” She shook her girlfriend's body gently but firmly. "Sweetie? I need your help"

Chaeyeon blinked to adjust her eyes to the warm light in the room. She focused her gaze and found her leader staring at her intently.

"What happens?" she asked hoarsely and sitting down to lean her back against the head of the bed. "Are you okay, baby?"

Eunbi ignored the jumble in her stomach when she heard how she called her and instead passed the paper to her without saying anything.

"What is this?" Chaeyeon inquired stopping to read it. Her eyes widened a little as she realized what those lines together meant. "It's a song?"

"Yep" Eunbi pointed to the first part. "It just happened to me and I want you to be the first to sing it"

Chaeyeon nodded and asked for the tune. Without further ado she began to sing. Her voice was heard throughout the room and the atmosphere changed into a sweeter tone than expected. When she finished, Eunbi applauded and filled her girlfriend's face with kisses.

"Omo, that was beautiful baby!" Eunbi kept saying between kisses.

Chaeyeon laughed and gave a yawn.

"Thanks baby, now can we ...? Wait, have you been awake the whole time? ”

Eunbi stopped her affection and looked sheepishly at her girlfriend. She nodded slowly and tried to give her a small smile.

"Well, are you done?" Eunbi nodded. "Okay, so can we sleep now?"

Eunbi was going to nod again but she remembered something. She shook her head. 

“Why you can not sleep?"

"I have to compose the melody"

Eunbi wanted to stay in bed with her girlfriend, holding each other until the next day, but now she had the opportunity to demonstrate her talent as a songwriter and she was not going to waste it.

Chaeyeon noticed the change in Eunbi's eyes and nodded.

"Okay, well, I'm going to go make some tea and stay up all night."

The older woman frowned.

"Us? Won't you go to sleep? ”

"Leaving my girlfriend alone for the rest of the night? Oh no baby but if I can help you at least I'll keep you company. ”

Without more to say, Chaeyeon kissed her cheek and stood up to leave.

Eunbi felt the smile on her lips and got out of bed. They had work to do.