Moon

Something between us

...and starts almost shining like our family.

Eunbi blinked heavily. Her hands unconsciously reached for the other side of the bed but found only cold sheets. She turned her face away and found no one. She gave a yawn and got up slowly. She rubbed her arms as she searched for her burnouse and left the room with her hands in her pockets. She walked in her slippers to the next room and found it empty. She felt a small annoying hole in her stomach and how her senses began to become alarmed as she went down the stairs.

She searched everywhere until she found the large window that led to the backyard. She released the air she was holding as she recognized the somewhat cowering figure of her wife on the swing. She walked slowly to open the door and leave with her arms rubbing each other in the absence of warmth.

"Moon?"

"Yes, the moon and the stars, they are always shinning every night like mama"

"Mom shinning?"

Eunbi smiled helplessly. She stood behind her wife until she wrapped her arms around her, earning herself a slight shake.

"What are you doing wake up, huh?" Eunbi asked, kissing her wife's cheek and sitting on the other swing.

"Mom!" The boy yelled as he stretched his arms out towards the other woman.

Eunbi welcomed him with open arms and kissed his cheeks when she had him in her arms.

"How is my beautiful baby? What are you doing awake?" Eunbi asked, still caressing her cheek.

The boy giggles.

"I didn't sleep" he replied with a happy laugh and pointed to his other mother. "Mommy take me here"

"He got up in the middle of the early morning to go to the bathroom and got me up to take him," Chaeyeon replied smiling looking at the beautiful portrait of her wife and son. "But since he couldn't sleep I decided to bring him to see the stars"

"Huh," Eunbi was humming as she laid her son on her arm and slid the shirt down so it could be easier to eat.

"Is he almost 3 years old and still feeding?" Chaeyeon exclaimed dramatically. "Don't you think he is a little big?"

"You are 35 years old and you do the same"

Eunbi laughed as she saw her wife's face flush at the joke.

"But if it wasn't for that he wouldn't be here" Chaeyeon tried to defend herself looking a little shyer. "Stop laughing!"

The black-haired woman stopped feeding her son and let him curl up on her shoulder yawning and hugging her neck.

"You do not have cold?" The older of them both trembled slightly, only seeing her wife's summer outfit.

Chaeyeon shrugged.

"My body is very hot," she argued with her amused smile, making her wife roll her eyes.

"It's already a little late, why don't we better go to sleep?"

Chaeyeon nodded and took the boy in her arms as they entered the house. She laid him on his bed, kissed his forehead, and left his bear light on.

She returned to the main room and found her wife already between the sheets with her lips trembling. Chaeyeon chuckled and reached out to give her her own body heat.

"I hate summer," Eunbi mumbled against her chest. "I hate this cold"

“You are the only one who is cold in summer and hot in winter. Don't you think to call me subnormal is messed up? ”

"But you are," her wife replied with a smile. Chaeyeon rolled her eyes and tangled her hand in hers. "Thanks for not waking me up."

“It is the least I can do, honey. Although I begin to believe that this child has a certain preference with you ”

Eunbi curled up a little more and kissed the knot of clasped hands.

"He loves you too," she yawned. "Almost as much as me"