Chapter 50 - Proposal pt.2

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

[Sae Young’s Academy of Arts rooftop…September 14, 2034]

The rooftop isn’t really the place that Jeril and Anika first interacted, it was in the mall 8 years ago when Jeril let Anika borrowed her jacket because Lei spilled frappe on the girl.

But Jeril choose this place because it has a lot of memories about them throughout the year, this is where most of the times Jeril and Anika would find each other. And this is where they first interacted as Jeril and Anika of 4D, she could still remember it like it was just yesterday.

 

8 years ago

Jeril entered the rooftop and was surprised to see that she wasn’t alone. Choi Anika Iniel, the famous loner of Sae Young, is there laying on the floor while wearing headphones as always.

Seeing that she couldn’t practice there anyways, Jeril turn around to leave. But then she stopped on her tracks when she heard Anika singing. It was BTS’ Butterfly. And she has a lovely voice. Jeril turn around and decided to watch as Anika suddenly stood up and dance.

Anika started dancing the choreography while singing Park Jimin’s part. She was too focused in dancing that she didn’t realized Jeril is now watching her practice. When Anika glanced sideways, she jumped up when she saw her. She immediately took off the headphones.

“How long have you been there?”

“I don’t know. I was totally focused watching you dance.”

“Creepy.” Jeril’s eyes widened at that statement. Me? Creepy? What the hell?

“Creepy? I was watching the choreography. I don’t know the dance steps so I focused in watching.” she defended because it’s the truth...well, partly. Anika interests her a bit.

“Oh…I thought you were watching me.”

“Ew, now you’re being creepy.” she teased as she walked towards Anika “You dance great. You should be considered as the lead dancer.” Jeril says, because it’s the truth, she thought.

“Stop flattering me, Chase.”

“I’m telling the truth.

 

And here they are now, 8 years later, back in this rooftop with the same song BTS’ Butterfly playing in the background, as Jeril and Anika stares at each other like the world revolves only between the two of them. The rest doesn’t matter, they found their way back, Anika is home.

“Took you long enough.”

“You gave me a lot of speeches.”

“I-I wanted you to get emotional, I guess…”

“You know, seeing you would be enough to make me cry.Anika chuckles. “I missed you.” Jeril smiles at her and walk towards the table, the music had stopped without her noticing.

“I miss you too, but I’ll make you cry for another reason today.” Jeril did something with the laptop before moving towards Anika, a different song starts to play in the background. “Take a seat, love, I’m not going anywhere.” and that’s when Anika noticed the chair behind her.

 

A hundred and five is the number that comes to my head

When I think of all the years I wanna be with you

 

Anika was surprised when Jeril starts to dance. Well, ofcourse she would. She thought with a smile as Jeril match the beat of the music playing in the background. Anika tries to focus on the dance, but the lyrics distracts her. She had a guess, but she didn’t thought it really is.

 

Wake up every morning with you in my bed,

That’s precisely what I plan to do

 

Jeril winks at her, making her chuckle, but smiles softly when she noticed how her girlfriend actually choreographed the song to match the lyrics and dance so she could convey it to her. From the first stanza to the chorus, and even the second stanza, she made a dance for it all.

 

How many girls in the world can make me feel like this?

Baby, I don’t ever plan to find out

The moor I look, the more I find the reasons why

You’re the love of my life…

 

And you know one of these days when I get my money right,

Buy you everything and show you all the finer things in life

We’ll forever be in love, so there ain’t no need to rush

But one day I won’t be able to ask you loud enough

 

Jeril looks at her so softly that she could melt at this point. Tears starts to form in her eyes and her girl hadn’t even made a speech yet. So, this is the point of getting me emotional.

 

And if I lost everything, in my heart it means nothing

Cause I have you. Girl, I have you.

 

Jeril walks back as she sings to get something from the table and went back to Anika, immediately getting down on one of her knees as she continue to sing the next part.

 

To get right down on bended knee

Nothing else would ever be better, better

That day when…

 

She opens the ring box she’s holding, revealing a ring that looks perfect for Anika. She couldn’t help but let her tears out. This is too much, she couldn’t stop her tears anymore.

 

I’ll say, “Will you marry me?”

I swear that I will mean it

I’ll say, “Will you marry me?”

 

Jeril sings the song until the last and all Anika could do is stare at her lovingly through the tears. Her girlfriend doesn’t seem to mind as she just smiles with the same lovingly look.

 

A hundred and five is the number that comes to my head

When I think of all the years I wanna be with you

Wake up every morning with you in my bed

That’s precisely what I plan to do…

 

The music stopped and all that left is Jeril’s pant through the mic as she catch her breath, but even then, she’s still smiling with that Jeon smile that looks more like a smirk but Anika loves.

“I’m sure I don’t need to explain the song.” they chuckle. “But I’m going to say a speech.”

“Choi Anika Iniel, the love of my life, I want to be with you for a very long time, I want you to be the first person I see when I wake up and the last one I see before I fall asleep. I want to show you and give you everything, because you’re my everything.” Jeril smiles so softly.

“Will you marry me?”

“Do you even have to ask? YES!”

Anika got down from the chair and enveloped her girlfriend--no, her fiancée, into a deep hug. She waited for a month to do this and Jeril surprised her with a proposal, this is too much…

“CONGRATULATIONS!” the two of them were interrupted when Jeril’s family, Anika’s family, Christian, Dana, Lei and Erika made an appearance. All of them are there, even her nephew.

“Wear the ring, dear!”

“Give her the ring already, Lj.”

Jeril chuckles and Anika smiles sheepishly as she forgot to wear the ring due to excitement. She opens up the ringbox and got the ring, gently putting it on Anika’s ring finger. It’s perfect.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Orange and violet fireworks suddenly shoots up in the sky. Anika face Jeril with surprise but she shakes her head no. They both turn to look at Erika, who just smiles and winks at them.

“Well, she’s our biggest shipper.”

“Yeah. I guess I also love her, then.” Anika laughs.

==========================================================================