Chapter 15 - KangChoi

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Somehow, Jeril had returned to her usual self. There’s that sarcastic remarks, the smirk on her face that can only mean troubles, but the banters between her and Erika had lessened.

“Want to play Dance Dance Revolution?”

“Sure, but I get to pick the song.”

“Yeah, okay. Whatever.”

The two rappers started dancing with Lei watching them as she cheers. They continued to dance, switches partner when they got tired, until a notification popped up in the television.

 

We Got Married starting in 10 minutes…

 

Erika had put the show on alarm so that they wouldn’t miss it. By ‘they’, she means Lei and her. Jeril obviously didn’t want to watch the show based on the look in her face right now.

“You can just continue to play, we’ll watch the replay later.”

“Yeah, yeah. Let’s continue playing, Jeril unnie.”

“Nah, we should watch her show.”

“Uhm…are you sure?”

“Yeah, why not?” Jeril shrugged nonchalantly as she clicked the notification to switch the channel where We Got Married airs and plopped down the couch. “So, what’s the update?”

“Well…” Erika and Lei glanced at each other for a second. “…we missed the last episode, so we don’t really know what’s going to happen tonight. Let’s just watch.” Erika reasoned out.

“Okay, whatever.”

“Just…watch at your own risk.”

“You always say weird things, Ked unnie.”

The show started and they all settled down in the couch. It showed a preview of last episode and Jeril was confused when she saw Christian picking out a ring. He hasn’t proposed yet?

“I think she’ll like this one.”

“Nope, too fancy.”

Erika and Lei’s attention was taken away from the television as Jeril suddenly commented, they thought that she would just sat there in silence and pretend she’s watching the show.

“What do you mean?”

“Anika likes simple things more.”

The two nodded in agreement, even though Erika wanted to say that the producers are probably the one who choose the ring instead of Christian but she didn’t bother herself.

They continued to watch Anika and Christian act like a couple. They weren’t engaged yet but they did move in together, making Jeril a little bit bitter about it because it lessen their time.

“So, I have a surprise prepared for you.” Christian said.

“Does this involves me having a heart attack again? Cause I decline.”

“It doesn’t involve a roller coaster. Can’t guarantee it wouldn’t shock you, though.”

“Okay, fine. I’ll allow, only because you prepared for it.” Christian pumped his fist in celebration as he leaned in to kiss Anika’s cheeks and thanked her for agreeing to it.

They both stood up and headed to the dining room to eat dinner. The camera switches to the TRON members waiting outside…wait, that’s our house! A knock was heard at the front door.

“I think we need to be there.”

“And I think I’ll pass.”

“You need to be there.” Erika said in her leader voice, asking for no arguments and Jeril could only sigh as she nod in surrender. They walked to the front door and meet the boys.

“Sorry to interrupt, but now’s the time.”

“Yeah, we figured. Shall we?”

They rode the bus and headed to the apartment where Christian and Anika are staying at. The TRON’s leader told them the plan and their roles while they’re riding the bus together.

Once they got outside the door, one of the boys opened the door with a spare key and they entered silently. Jeril was not in the mood to be subtle so she accidentally bump into a lamp. Luckily, Erika managed to caught it on time and she glared at the dancer who just shrugged.

“In 3…2…1…” the music started, causing Anika to look confusedly at the door connecting the dining and living room. Her question was answered when a TRON member entered the door.

 

Not sure if you know this, but when we first met I got so nervous I couldn’t speak…

 

He handed Anika one violet rose, because it was her color, as he sang the song. Then, another member followed singing the next line as he hands another violet rose to Anika.

The third person to enter was a girl, Erika to be precise. She’s holding a violet rose too as she sings the chorus of the song, approaching Anika with a smile and stood next to her side.

“You came.”

“Well, we had to.”

Their conversation was interrupted when another TRON member entered the room, singing the second stanza with another TRON member. Then, Lei entered and stood beside Erika. Two TRON members followed to sing the chorus, and Anika knows who the last one is.

TRON is only a seven-membered group, and 4D is a four-membered group. There’s only one person missing. And she finally came in while holding a whole bouquet of violet roses.

 

And if a daughter is what our future holds, I hope she has your eyes,

 finds love like you and I did…

 

Anika couldn’t stop the smile in her face, she loves this song and her bestfriend is currently singing it at her engagement. Even though it was only virtual atleast she gets to see this…

 

And when she falls inlove, we’ll let her go…

I’ll walk her down the aisle, she’ll look so beautiful in white…

 

Jeril finally reached her and handed out the bouquet with the softest smile she had ever given to someone, Anika could only smile brightly back at her as she receives the flowers.

 

You look so beautiful in white…

 

Christian stood up from his seat and sang the last chorus to Anika before grabbing the ring in his pocket and got down on one knee as he finish the song with the other harmonizing in…

“Choi Anika Iniel, the most beautiful person I know inside and out, I want to see you in white…on our wedding.” he opened up the box, showing the ring. “Will you marry me?”

“I…” Anika and Jeril shared a glance and the dancer nodded. “I do. Ofcourse, I do…”

==========================================================================