Chapter 23 - The Talk

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

[Sae Young Dormitories’ rooftop…October 29, 2030]

“I know.”

Jeril sat up and stretched her arms. She motioned for Anika to sat down infront of her, and the older girl obliged. They were sitting face to face now, and Anika kept it to herself that Jeril actually looks cute in this ‘just woke up’ look of hers. It wasn’t the right time to say it.

“It’s your turn to start…”

“I wish you didn’t left immediately.”

“Yeah, me too. Sorry about that, it was childish.”

“It is. But that wasn’t the reason why I’m annoyed, it was because you didn’t let me explain what I actually want to tell you.” Anika said with a sigh. “Why did you leave?”

“Because I was scared, I was afraid of what you’ll say. The doubt and the fear consumed me, I…had to run away from it.” Jeril answered casually but her voice trembles a little bit.

Anika wanted to reach for her, to pull her close and assure her that she shouldn’t be afraid of anything. Anika would never do anything that would hurt Jeril on purpose, not even once…

But Jeril doubts herself. She thinks she doesn’t deserve anything nor anyone, not after all the things she had done being a gangster she is. Sure, she’s good in a lot of things but taking care of things isn’t something she’s good at. She’s good at giving danger than keeping things safe.

“You have nothing to be scared of, trust me.”

“I trust you…more than anyone in the world, but it’s hard.”

“What’s hard? Did you think I wouldn’t take your feelings seriously? Is that how you think of me, Chase? Because we’ve known each other for years, you know I’m better than that.”

“You are better that that, better than anyone I’ve known.” Jeril smiled softly. “And that’s one of the reason why I have doubts, because you’re an angel. A perfect ideal girl, you don’t belong to someone like me.” the smile slowly fades. “We’re just not meant to be.”

Jeril got her phone and dialed a number, it was answered immediately and Erika’s voice sounded on the speaker. Anika was a bit annoyed that Jeril ran away again but there must be a reason why Jeril called Erika, probably a schedule for their group, which she had missed.

(Did you finally reconcile?)

“No, but I already explained. That’s enough.”

“No, it’s not.” Anika argued as Lei said (Nope, don’t think so.)

“Anyways, you said that you have an announcement to tell us, what is it?”

(It’s plan C cause I think that plan B didn’t work.) Erika mumbled under her breath, so Jeril ask her to repeat it again. (It’s nothing. Anyways, what I want to say is…pack your bags.)

“I just got home and you want me to leave again?”

(We’re going to Japan!) Lei exclaimed (We will have a concert.)

“Out of nowhere? Did you talk about this with dad? He actually agreed?”

(Yes, he did. I had to negotiate, but it’ll be worth it.) Erika chuckled. (You two come home now because we’re going to prepare our things because we’re leaving tonight, come on.)

“Erin Kail Danielle, I swear to God--” Erika turned the call off before Jeril could finish, making the dancer roll her eyes before putting the phone back to her jeanpocket. “So, shall we go?”

“We’re not done talking yet.”

“I’m done listening.”

“CHASE!”

“You came here to explain, but I already understand right from the beginning.” Jeril said as she slowly stood up. “You can’t be with me, and I accept that. But know that I still love you.” she reached her hand out for Anika, and the girl stared at her with a solemn defeated look.

“That’s not what I meant, Chase. It’s more than that.” Anika sighed. “But I don’t think you’ll listen to me right now, so I’ll wait.” she grabbed Jeril’s hand. “It’s my turn to wait for you…

Jeril pulled Anika up and they smiled at each other. Anika understands that Jeril is still in doubt of her self and she’s willing to wait until she’s ready, while Jeril will always be there because she knows her feelings will never change even if Anika can’t be with her right now.

“Ked unnie said enough flirting, let’s get going!” Lei interrupted as she suddenly appeared…

=========================================================================