Chapter 27 - Explanation

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Anika held unto Jeril’s hand tightly as they got down the backstage. She didn’t bother to tell Erika that they’ll leave first and jst continued pulling Jeril out of the venue, into the streets of Japan, and continued walking until they reached a place which isn’t crowded and secluded…

“We could have prevented any of these if you have just listened to my explanation.” Anika said with irritation as she ran a hand through her hair. “Now, will you please listen to me?”

“I told you, I understand--”

“No, you don’t. I love you, Chase.”

“But you can’t be with me, right? Yeah, I--”

“I couldn’t be with you at that moment because I was away from you, not because I don’t want to.” Anika clarified. “I didn’t pushed you away, I wanted us to wait until I was done with that fake relationship because I want to make our own relationship right. You get it?”

“Uhm, well, it’s…”

“Nevermind, don’t answer that.”

Jeril shut and just stood there, trying to process everything that Anika is telling her. She knows Anika has feelings for her, all she needs now is clarification for everything…

“I didn’t want our relationship to start with long-distance, I want to be there infront of you when we finally admit our feelings, but when I came back…you were nowhere to be found.” Anika sighed. “And what’s worse is that you’re the one pushing me away, Chase. It’s hurts.”

“I know you were hurt too when I said I can’t, but you didn’t let me explain. You ran away from me, you left. I told you that I will stay there until the end, but it was you who didn’t.”

“And I tried to make it right at the rooftop, but you wouldn’t let me. Now, here we are. Both of us are in pain, so tell me what to do.” Anika walked towards her. “Tell me, Chase.”

“I…” Jeril pursed her lips. “I want to make this right too.” she said. “I’m sorry, Anika.”

“Your apologies won’t bring back anything, but your efforts will. So, let’s start over, okay?”

“Okay.” she nodded in agreement. “Just to be clear, I love you and you love me back. But you couldn’t be with me at that time because you were busy and you want to be with me when you finally come home but I was sulking somewhere, so Ked unnie created some plans to have us back together that’s why we’re here in Japan right now, reconciling…”

“Yes, that’s the summary.”

“Well, that…makes me an idiot…”

“Yeah, and you have to make it up to me.”

“I will.” Jeril reached for her hand. “If you allow me…”

“Just ask me directly, I’m not going to reject you.” Anika chuckled.

“Choi Anika Iniel…” Jeril intertwined their fingers. “Will you be my girlfriend?” Anika didn’t say yes, she just pulled her hands away from Jeril and wrapped her arms around her instead.

--

“4 different person, 4 different character, 4D! Thank you so much for coming, we are 4D!” and that was the end of the Tokyo open concert, so Erika and Lei walked down the stage…

“Where the hell did they disappeared to?”

“I tried calling their phones, they weren’t picking up.”

“Well, I guess our plan C worked out…or was it plan D already?”

“It was plan C.” Lei chuckled. “And since it worked, we should celebrate.”

“Are you asking me on a date, Ms. Son?” Erika smirked but Lei just shook her head with a fond smile. “Alright, let’s go. We do need to celebrate after the first successful concert.”

“Oh, will it be your treat?”

“For you, I would spend a fortune…”

“You’re being cheesy again!” Lei whined, chuckling.

“I mean it, I have a lot of money from the company and my own.”

“I don’t need you spending a fortune for me, just you being here with me is enough for me.” Lei said as she hooked her arm around Erika’s, and the latter couldn’t help but smile brightly.

“Now, you’re the one being cheesy.” she chuckled. “We really are perfect for each other.”

===========================================================================