Chapter 20 - Finding Jeril

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Erika is placing the food she cooked in the table when she felt that something wasn’t right. For three years that they’ve been together, she can easily feel it when something is wrong within her group or members. The girls call it as ‘Leader Instinct’ and it’s always accurate.

“Lei.”

“Yeah?”

“Can you check up on Jeril and Anika? I have a feeling something’s wrong.” Lei nodded and immediately got her phone in the coffee table and texted the two but didn’t get a response.

“I texted Jeril unnie first but she’s not replying, she’s just reading it. I’ll try to call her.” she said and dialled the dancer’s phone but the girl just let it ring. “She’s not answering my call.”

“Try Anika.”

“On it.”

Before Lei could text Anika, Erika’s phone light up and the main vocalist’s name appeared on top. It kept vibrating as a thread of message was sent, Lei reached the phone to read it loud.

“Chase ran out before I could finish explanaining.” Erika let out a sigh as she ran her hand through her hair. Tsk, I knew it. “Please update me once she comes home, and if she never comes home. I’m worried about her but I think she needs some space. I have to go back.”

"The confession went wrong, huh?”

“I guess so.” Lei put down the phone. “What now?”

“Anika’s right, Jeril needs space. But I need to make sure she’s safe.” Erika grabbed her coat and walk to the door. “You coming?” Lei nodded. “Come on, then. Let’s find that gangster.”

--

Erika had been running around the places near Sae Young Academy, hoping to find Jeril. She knows that the girl would prefer to walk than ride a car when she can’t control her mood, plus Lei is waiting in the parking lot, in case that Jeril would come back to take Erika’s car.

 

Calling…Jeon (Buddy)

 

Erika waited for Jeril to pick up but the younger girl didn’t. She left it on voicemail, making the older girl groan. She already left Jeril a few voice messages and yet, she’s hardheaded.

“I’ll give you a last warning, tell me where you are or I will use The Kim Card.” Erika said and ended the call before started to head back at the parking lot, where Lei is waiting. Few minutes after she left the voicemail, she received an incoming call from the missing girl…

(I’m fine.)

“No, you’re not.”

(Just…leave me alone.)

“I need to know you’re safe.”

(I am, I promise. You didn’t have to run all around just to look for me.) Erika’s eyes widened at that statement. She let out a chuckle when she realized where Jeril might be all this time…

“You’re at Sae Young Dormitories, aren’t you?”

(Yep, and our room still feels like home.)

“Well, glad to know you’re okay.”

(Thanks for looking after me. I may always get on your nerves, but you know I’m thankful for you, right?) Erika couldn’t believe what she’s hearing from THE Jeon Jeril Chase’s mouth.

“Jeril, are you drunk?”

(I’m at the right age, don’t scold me.)

“I wasn’t going to.” Erika chuckled again. “Just…stay where you are, I won’t tell Anika about it. It’s better that I know where to find you when you needed me, okay? Don’t go too far.”

(I won’t. Take care of her for me, I’ll be back when I’m ready. And take care of Lei too, I’m glad that you two work your thing out and I hope that everything will be okay with us too.)

“It will be if you would have listened.”

(I’m scared. Maybe when I get my courage back.)

“Okay, come back whenver you want. We’ll be right here…”

(Thanks, leader-nim. For being understanding, for being supportive, for being my buddy. I love you so much.) Jeril’s word is slurred and Erika knows that she’s already beyond drunk.

“Get some rest, Jeon. Things will work out.”

(I hope so. Goodnight, Ked unnie.)

The call is ended just in time that Erika arrived in the parking lot, Lei stared at her concernly and confusedly, probably hearing that she’s talking with Jeril on the phone as she got there.

“I know where she is.” Erika looked at the dormitories. “But she doesn’t want to be found.”

“I see. Well, it’s good to know she’s safe and not loitering outside like a drunkard.”

“You’re right. She may be drunk but not a loitering around so…it’s fine.”

“She’s drunk?” Erika nodded. “Must be hard, huh? I wish she came to us instead of just…go and be alone in a dark, empty room.” Lei let out a sigh as she followed Erika’s line of sight.

“We all cope up differently, this is her way. Let’s just respect it.”

“Okay. So, shall we head back home now?”

“Yeah, let’s go home.”

A car key was thrown in the ground below them and they looked up to see Jeril walking back inside the dorm from the balcony of their old room. They shared a glance and shrug before Erika bend down to pick the key of her car and entered the car’s driver seat as Lei enter too.

“They’ll be fine, right?”

“Don’t worry…they will be.”

=========================================================================