Chapter 38 - Ked's Serenading Ceremony

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

“You got everything you need?”

“For the last time, I’ve got everything under control.”

“I’m just checking. I want this to be perfect for you and Lei, leader-nim.”

“You know, I would have expected that from Anika but not from you, Jeon Jeril Chase.”

“What can I say? I like you two together.” Jeril chuckles, wrapping an arm around Anika’s shoulder. “And you two deserves to be happy with each other, just like Anika and I are.”

“This is like a dream come true.” Dana comments. “I’m seeing Paprika get together with Iriel helping Ked in serenading Lei. Seriously, this seems like a scene out of a fanfiction.”

“Well, isn’t it?” Anika jokes and they all laugh. “You know, I’m still surprised that you’re a shipper instead of having a crush on Lei. I could swore that you two would be amazing.”

“ANIKA!” Erika and Jeril exclaims at the same time, and Anika raised her hand in surrender.

“I’m just saying. I would have let her be with Lei because of how cute they are.”

“Thanks, but I’m already taken. Lei and I are just really friends.” Dana says and Erika nods, mumbling something like sure hope so. “Besides, Ked and her are just perfect together.”

“Damn right, we are.” Erika proudly says. “We’re soulmate.”

“Anika and I are the real soulmate, buddy.”

“Alright, I’m gonna stop you before this goes deeper.” Anika interrupts. “Chase and I are soulmate just like how Ked unnie and Lei are, so are manager and her girlfriend. End of discussion, no need to argue.” they all agreed. “Now, Dana, can you go and get Lei now?”

“Sure, be right back. I’m just going to go get our princess.” Dana winks and Erika glares. Your princess, I mean.” she corrects and Jeril laugh out loud while Anika shakes her head.

“So possessive.”

--

Lei sat in the van, playing King’s Raid on her phone, not noticing that Dana is taking a little detour instead of heading to their dorm, because she’s busy with Kasel and Frey’s storyline.

“I’m almost at the end, and I’m getting nervous. I hope they end up together.”

“Don’t worry. Wherever Kasel goes, Frey follows. Even to the darkness.”

“Im Dana Soo!” Lei calls cutely. “Don’t spoil the ending, alright?”

“Alright, alright. I’m sorry.” Dana apologizes with a chuckle.

“But where are we now? I thought we’re heading to the dorm.” Opps, busted. Dana smiles sheepishly but didn’t answer the question. “Im Dana, where the heck are you taking me?”

“You’ll know soon enough.” Dana says. “Like you told me, I shouldn’t spoil the ending. You just have to wait and see.” Lei pouts but didn’t ask more questions, which she is grateful for.

Lei continued playing the game until they had reached the place where Erika is waiting. She opened the door for the girl and Lei was hesitant again but knows that she could trust Dana. So with that, the two of them headed to the top floor of…wait, isn’t this the Kim Company?

“Dana, why are we in unnie’s company?”

“I don’t know, I was only tasked to take you here.” Dana lied.

Lei didn’t ask more questions, opting to just wait and see the ending just like Dana told her. This better be good. And when the door of the elevator opened, revealing a small concert hall with Erika on the stage, Lei already knows that this will be good. The best night, even.

“Hey.” Erika says through the mic as Dana smiles and guides Lei to the front. She saw Jeril and Anika sitting at the side but maintained her focus back to her girlfriend, who’s smiling that bright eyesmile of her that made her fall inlove. “I’m glad you could come tonight.”

“If you had just told me to meet you, I would have drop everything sooner.”

“But where’s the fun in that, right?” the two of them shared a laugh.

“So, what’s…all of this?” Lei ask, motioning around the hall.

“This is a VLive.” Erika announced. “It’s named Ked’s Serenading Ceremony. I’m about to serenade a song for the love of my life, and I want everyone to watch this ceremony.” Lei’s eyes widened but Erika just smiles assuringly at her before strumming. “This is for you, L.”

 

The first time I look at your eyes that I’ve been looking for, I felt like I met the summer

I, who is trapped in the ice castle, only react to you

Because the key is in your warmth

 

Frozen, frozen, thaw me before it’s too late

Shine on, bloom the flower on the frozen land

 

Give me a hug, give me a hug (oh now now)

Thaw me, thaw me, more warmly

Hug me, hug me, deeply and deeply

Be my sun

 

Lei couldn’t help but tear up at the lyrics of the song. She hadn’t heard of it before but it seems perfect for Erika’s feelings for her. Or atleast that’s what she thinks. Or hopes so…

“Ked wrote the song for you.” Dana informs, comforting Lei’s thought. “She wrote the lyrics and composed the whole song. The only thing she let us help her is decorating this place.”

Lei chuckles because that does sounds like her girlfriend.

Wow… she stops at the thought. My girlfriend. After this VLive, she could finally say that outloud. Knowing that thought sends butterflies in Lei’s stomach. It felt great to finally let everyone know that this perfect girl, Erin Kail Danielle Crawford-Kim III, is hers. Only hers…

 

I dream, I become a flower

It’s me who bloomed with you warmth

 

Erika lets the background music do the highnote as she got down of the chair, letting go of the guitar and headed to Lei while narrating the words she had always wanted to tell her.

 

The freezing sky broke, the fierce wind passed by

You, who is like a sun, the new season I only got to meet now

Because I’m afraid this might break, thaw me

Change the long waiting into fluttering

 

Erika held Lei’s hand as she sang the last chorus of the song, looking directly into Lei’s teary eyes with a soft smile in her beautiful face. Dana, Jeril and Anika looks at them both softly.

 

Be my sun

 

The instrumental ends and a familiar song appears in the background. But Lei couldn’t focus on it, instead she’s only focusing at the ethereal girl infront of her, who looks at her like she’s holding the whole world. And Lei is pretty sure that’s how she looks at Erika too. (FACTS!)

“I love you, President Panda.”

========================================================================