Chapter 37 - Back Off

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Erika sits in a bench at the park located near the Choi Entertainment. She’s been waiting for someone for awhile now and she’s not really known for her patience so she’s been thinking of going back to the building to see if the person she’s waiting for got busy with something.

But before she could finalize her decision, the girl finally arrived. Even without her glasses, Erika would recognize that person (Erika took off her glasses just in case…it gets physical)

“Sorry, I got caught up with something.”

“No, it’s fine. I know your busy with our schedules.”

“Thanks. But, uhm, what do you want to talk about anyway?”

“Have a seat first, Dana.” the short-haired girl looks confused but compiled anyways, sitting down besides the leader. “It’s about Lei.” Erika said as soon as Dana had sat on the bench.

“What about her?”

“She’s mine.”

“O-Oh.”

“I want you to know that.” Erika took a deep breath and turn to face her. “I don’t mind you being friends with her, but I can be pretty possessive so please…if you like her, back off.”

There’s a pause. A short one, but Erika felt like it’s a long, long pause. Finally, Dana lets out a chuckle. She ran her hand through her hair as she looks at Erika, not knowing how to answer.

“I…” Dana chuckles again, and Erika considering punching her. “I don’t like Lei.” Erika paused. SHE DOESN’T LIKE LEI?! I’m gonna punch-- “I mean, not like how you do. I just like her as a friend, that’s all.” alright, maybe I should give her a hug instead. “And I’m a Leek, actually.”

“You’re a--what?”

“A Leek, shipper of Paprika.”

“...wait, seriously?” Dana nods with a chuckle. “But…how come you always steal my girl away? Which is not cool, by the way. I’m a Scorpio, I’m a possessive little devil. I swear.”

“Oh, don’t worry. I won’t get between your relationship, I already have my own.” Dana smiles softly, a change from her cool smile. “I have a girlfriend, don’t worry about Lei and I.”

“So, you’re not inlove with Lei?”

“I’m not inlove with Lei…but you are so…”

“What?” Erika squints her eyes in suspicion as Dana smirks.

“Maybe you’re interested in letting everyone know? The whole fandom had been shipping you two since debut…and pre-debut, honestly you two had been dating without knowing.”

“Yeah, we were basically a married couple.” Erika admits in surrender.

“You were. I was actually expecting you to come and confront me about this sooner…”

“Well, if you’re an Alien, I’m sure you know about my huge ego.” Dana nods her head in agreement. “That prevented me from confronting you, I couldn’t admit that I was jealous.

“The important thing is that you got there. Now you know I don’t like Lei like that, because like I said I have a girlfriend that I love very much. And maybe, you should finally get her.”

“But I…already got her…”

“Oh…Wait, what?”

“I told you, she’s mine. My girlfriend.” Dana paused, processing it, before she lets out a loud ‘OHHHH!’ “Did you think I was only referring to having feelings for her?” Dana nods eagerly.

“Because I expected that if you two were together, you would tell the world immediately. You’re kind of person that want everyone to know what’s yours. I didn’t expected you to hide it.” that statement shot a bullet right into Erika as she lowers her head down in shame.

“I was scared.” Erika admitted. “I was always taught to achieve certain goals. But with Lei, it’s like…for the first time in my life, I was free. And that scared me because I know there’s a consequences. I know that when you get too happy, a huge tragedy follows soon after.”

“Not always.” Dana declares. “You can be happy without any tragedy. And you’ll be much more happier if you don’t give a damn about consequences, and that’s who Ked really is.”

“I know.” Erika finally lets out her infamous smirk. “That’s why I’m going to need your help.”

“Well, I was paid to be at your aide.” Dana jokes. “And anything to help my ship.”

“Thanks. And sorry for giving you a hard time when I was jealous.”

“You did what?” Dana exclaims and Erika’s eyes widened at what she had slipped, but then the manager’s face turned soft as she chuckle. “I’m kidding, I knew what you were doing.”

“Y-You know?”

“I mean, I had an idea.”

“And you’re not mad at me for it?”

“No. I know what it’s like to be inlove.” Dana smiles. “People can do crazy things when they are inlove.” Dana chuckled and Erika chuckles with her, shaking her head but didn’t deny it. “So, what are you going to do? How are you going to tell everyone about you and Lei?”

“Well, she deserves the best. So I’m going to give it to her. I’m going to tell the world about us in the best way I know how. I already have a plan in mind, now I just need some help.”

“You can count on me.” Dana said, and Erika believes her. She can always count on this girl.

=========================================================================