Chapter 34 - Ked's Confession

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Erika motioned to the couch and the two didn’t waste any second to rush and sit there, Lei followed them and sat infront of them with Erika besides her. She held the girl’s hand and Erika gave her a grateful smile before facing Jeril and Anika. Then, she took a deep breath.

“Lei confessed her feelings for me on August 29, but I couldn’t give her an answer.” Lei gently squeeze her hand to assure her that it’s alright. They’re alright. “So, I went and talked to Rain. She made me realize what I really feel, so I rushed back to the hotel to confess.”

[Flashback]

Erika rushed inside the hotel and went to Lei’s room. She knock on the door with excitement and fear inside. She’s nervous but her heart is fluttering at the same time. There was no response though, so she knocked again and again until she realized Lei must not be inside.

Taking her phone out, she checked if the girl messaged her about her whereabouts but there’s no new text messages from her. Their groupchat informed her that Jeril and Anika went to buy dinner though, but Lei declined their offer to come with them and stay behind.

 

My Baby Panda

 

Where are you?

I need to tell you something.

And I want to tell this to you right now…

 

What is it?

I’m at the rooftop.

 

Erika lets out a sigh in relief when Lei told her where she is. She’s a bit nervous that maybe the girl felt bad about not getting an answer and had decided to avoid her. That’s not the idea, though. Because right now, she’s on the way to give the answer Lei had been hoping.

But Lei deserves better than just a crappy confession. She needs to do something to bring back the love Lei had always been giving her. She needs to do the best, because Lei always deserves the best. She’s the kindest person Erika had ever met, she deserves the world.

Instead of heading directly to the rooftop, Erika made a quick detour at her room to get something then headed up. She opened the door gently and smiled when she saw Lei, who had her back turned from the door, not knowing that Erika had finally arrived at the rooftop.

 

Turn around.

 

Lei turned around and greeted Erika with a bright smile. She walks towards the latter and looked at her in concern when she saw how tired Erika looks, but the girl just smiles at her before strumming the guitar she had taken from her room into a familiar tone of a song.

 

There goes my heart beating cause you are the reason

I’m losing my sleep, please come back now

 

There goes my mind racing and you are the reason

That I’m still breathing, I’m hopeless now

 

I climb every mountain and swim every ocean,

Just to be with you and fix what I’ve broken

Oh, cause I need you to see…

That you are the reason

 

Erika stops strumming and walked closer to Lei, taking the girl’s hand and holding it tightly before proceeding to the second chorus of the song, singing it out with all of her heart.

 

There goes my hands shaking and you are the reason

My heart keeps bleeding, I need you now

 

If I could turn back the clock, I’d make sure the light defeated the dark

I’d spend every hour of every day keeping you safe…

 

I climb every mountain and swim every ocean,

Just to be with you and fix what I’ve broken

Oh, cause I need you to see…

That you are the reason

 

You are the reason

I need you to hold me tonight

 

Erika didn’t sang the last chorus and proceed to tell what she feels in words, just like how Lei confessed her feelings to her. Her heart is beating fast, the adrenaline is rushing in and out.

“I…” Erika took a deep breath and tries to calm her beating heart. “…love you, Son Lei Min.”

“Uhm…” Lei’s eyes widened when Erika took her hand and placed it at where her heart is.

“This heart is beating fast because of you.” Erika says, looking into Lei’s eyes. “And maybe because I run all the way up.” Lei chuckles at the girl’s attempt to joke at this situation. “But seriously though, I love you. I’ve always have, but I ignored it before and pressed it down.”

“But now, I’m done ignoring it.” she intertwines their hands together and kiss the back of Lei’s hand. “I want to love you now, tomorrow, and forever. I want to be with you, will you be mine?” it didn’t even took a second for Lei to jump into Erika’s arms and hug her tight.

“YES! OFCOURSE!” the younger girl exclaims and Erika chuckles as relief flush down her body, her nervous is gone with Lei in her arms right now. “I’ve waited too long for this to happen.”

“I’m sorry for having you wait long, I’m an idiot. And I’m really happy you’ll still have me.”

“I wouldn’t want anyone else other than you. Just remember that always, okay?”

 

[End of Flashback]

==========================================================================