Chapter 39.1 (Special Chapter) - Family Dinner

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

The conference ended soon after their parents left so they headed down to the restaurant where both of their parents are waiting. Jeril and Anika wished them goodluck before they left with Mr. Choi and Mrs. Jeon, probably going to eat together too. Away from the drama.

Well, Erika doesn’t really think there’ll be drama. Or atleast not that much. Lei’s parents can be strict so that’s what she’s worried about, her parents are already supporting her anyway.

“Erika, over here.” her mother called and she gently pulled Lei towards the table where their parents are sitting, there’s two vacant seat left, one beside her parents and one beside Lei’s.

Lei obviously sat down with her parents and Erika with hers, so they were facing each other and facing their girlfriend’s parents at the same time. It’s awkward but they’ll bear with it. If this could get to bless their relationship, Erika would go through a lot of awkward dinners.

On the outside perspective, this seems like an arrange marriage is about to be made. And in Lei’s parents mind, it wasn’t that far. They came from China to see how much Erika loves Lei.

“So, how long have you two been together?”

“Four months, dad.” Lei answered.

“She treats you right?”

“Always.”

Mr. Son hums and motioned for a waiter. They all grabbed their orders of foods and some wine (Erika really need those) before continuing with the small talks. Their parents had been talking with each other, that much is obvious, seeing how casual they are with each other.

“So, how’s business for you, Minhyuk?” Mr. Kim asked.

“Oh, I’m sure you know how our company is doing, Kail.” Mr. Son says.

Erika remembered Lei mentioning that her father was once an idol before, that’s where she inherited her singing talent, and thought that maybe her parents and Lei’s father met before. And now that they have the Kim Company, they would met Lei’s parents who are in business.

“Well, I’m glad that you’re here for your daughter.”

“It’s such a shock to me that my daughter would be with yours, though.”

Oh, please. Our charm is irresistible.” Mrs. Kim shakes her head as her husband smirked.

“You’re showing off your pride again, dear.” she gently scolds Mr. Kim and for the first time in a long time, Lei saw her father laugh. She had always see him as an uptight kind of person.

“You two are acting just like in highschool.” Mrs. Son interrupts and Mrs. Kim agrees with her. Erika and Lei were surprise, knowing their parents knew each other back in highschool.

“Maybe that’s why Lei likes Erika, she’s charming like me.”

“I just hope that your daughter isn’t as prideful as you are, old friend.”

Lei scoffed playfully and all attention were on them. Erika groaned, already knowing where this is going, as a playful look in her girlfriend’s face appears. Well, let’s get this show going.

“Well, I think my girlfriend is just as prideful as Mr. Kim, dad.”

“Oh.” Mr. Son suddenly smirks. “I think you two would be a great match, then.”

Wait…what? That was unexpected. But Erika saw the soft smiles in their parents face and it doesn’t take long to put two and two together. They had obviously been talking about them.

“I hope you take care of our Lei, Erika.” Mrs. Son says. “Well, I’m sure you will, though.”

“Ofcourse. When a Kim sets heart on it, they will definitely take care of it.” Mrs. Kim states.

“Here’s to Lei and Erika.” Mr. Kim sets his glass up and the rest clicks theirs with it. Erika and Lei looks at each other with a smile. Well, this could have been worse. They both thought.

“To Lei and Erika.” the rest of the parents echoed as they clicked their wine glasses.

“To you and I.” Erika whispers and she had a feeling that Lei knows it.

“To you and I.” Lei whispers back. “Until infinity, Kim.”

Their dinner arrived and they all got into friendly talks with each other. Lei’s parents had seem to be loose, she doesn’t know if it’s because of the wine or because of Erika’s parents. Either way, she’s just glad that everyone’s getting along well and everything’s fine with them.

After the dinner, they all part ways in the parking lot. They all have their own car and Erika was bringing Lei home with hers. Lei’s parents are staying at the hotel with Erika’s parents so they’ll be heading in the same direction while Erika and Lei is going to the other direction.

“We’ll be going back to China in two days or so.” Mr. Son informs. “We should grab more dinners or brunch while we’re still here.” he then glance to Erika. “I’m glad she chose you.”

“O-Oh…thanks.” Erika mumbles. But then she smiles softly. “I’m glad she chose me too.”

“You two take care of each other, alright?” Mr. Kim says. “We’ll see you two soon.”

“See you soon, uncle.” Lei hugs Erika’s parents, so did Erika with her parents.

With that, their parents got into their cars and they did too with Erika’s car. The latter smiles at her as she reach for Lei’s hand over the console and they hold hands until they got home.

=========================================================================