Chapter 9 - Feelings

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Without warning, Lei walked towards a man serenading people and talked to him, coming back with his guitar on her shoulder. She smiled before started strumming to a familiar tone.

“I want you to listen carefully to the lyrics…because this song is especially for you…"

 

I like your eyes, you look away when you pretend not to care

I like the dimples on the corners of the smile that you wear

I like you more, the world may know but don’t be scared

Cause I’m falling deeper, baby, be prepared

 

Erika was surprised at how fluent Lei sound singing an English song, she must have practiced it a lot of times. And Lei indeed practice this song for her, it was one of the song that convey how she feels about Erika perfectly. She may not know Erika’s feelings, but she know hers.

But what suprised Erika more is the lyrics of the song. If Lei is serenading this to her, and confessing this to her, that means that this is what the younger girl really felt about her...

 

Love you every minute, every second

Love you everywhere, and any moment

Always and forever I know, I can’t quit you

cause baby you’re the one, I don’t know how…

 

I love you til the last of snow disappears

I love you til a rainy day becomes clear

Never knew a love like this, now I can’t let go

I’m inlove with you, and now you know…

 

Lei strummed the interlude of the song, while Erika is stuck staring at her in disbelief. She couldn’t believe this is happerning. She was about to say something when Lei continued…

 

I like the way you try so hard when you play ball with your friends

I like the way you hit the notes in every song you’re shining

I love the little things, like when you’re unaware…

…I catch you steal a glance and smile so perfectly

 

Though sometimes when life brings me down, you’re the cure, my love

In a bad rainy day, you take all the worries away.

 

Lei repeated the first stanza of the chorus before singing the next part with so much emotion, that made Erika felt something tug at her heart. The butterflies in her stomach isn’t helping…

 

In a world devoid of life, you bring color

In your eyes, I see light, my future

Always and forever, I know I can’t let you go

I’m inlove with you, and now you know…

 

Lei took a seat beside her before she sing the last part clearly, for Erika to hear completely.

 

I’m inlove with you…

…and now you know.

 

The girl finished strumming and put the guitar at the side, facing Erika with a nervous smile. Her hands were shaking, the older girl could see, as she intertwined it together before taking a deep breath. Lei is gathering her courage to confess her feelings in words, not just in song…

“I tend to hold back a lot, and I realized that if I kept acting that way, I’ll be stuck in the same spot forever, I should make my feelings clear or things could end up badly. I love you, and I don’t mean it the way we thought it meant. I don’t mean it the way I used to mean it. I mean it like—like, I don’t love you that way anymore.” understanding passes through the older girl’s face. Maybe Anika was right when she said that Erika understands Lei the most.

“Seeing you with Rain made it clear for me. I knew I had feelings for you, I’ve known for quite a while now. But it was only then that it made sense. You make me feel things I’ve never felt before, and I’m sure I won’t ever find in another person again. I love everything about you. Everything that you were before, everything that you are now, and everything you will be.” Lei finished herself with a smile. “You don’t have to love me back, you know…”

“Right from the start, I know it would be impossible, so you don’t have to do anything to avoid hurting my feelings. I brought this upon myself, I know what I’m doing. I’m not the same crybaby you all know, I’ll handle my feelings for you well. All I ask is that you won’t stay away from me even after knowing my feelings, because that…would hurt me more.” Lei’s voice cracked at the last word with so much emotion. “Please, don’t leave the group because of this. I know it’ll be awkward, but I don’t want to be distant from you…”

--

“Where are they?” Jeril mumbled as she look at her phone and back at the front door of the hotel. “They should be here by now, even the staffs are back at their rooms.” she added.

“Calm down, Chase. Ked unnie knows the city better than any of us, they’ll be fine.” Anika assured as she fiddled with her phone, not noticing the look of suspicion Jeril gave to her.

“Wait, are you texting them right now?”

“I tried, but they didn’t replied.”

“So, what are you doing?”

“Posting our photo.” Anika answered with a cute grin, that only made Jeril sigh in defeat before she put her phone back at her pocket and joined the main vocalist in the couch.

=========================================================================