Chapter 26 - Tokyo Concert

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

At exactly 4PM, the concert started. A lot of fans have been waiting for them and when they did start, the cheer was eardeafening, it felt good to know that a lot of people support them.

They started the show like they rehearsed with Really, followed by The Truth Untold, then Attention and Finesse, and back to their group performance which is Young and Wild

 

We all have so many things to worry about in life

But you know, we are young and wild, enjoy and feel special

Because there’s nothing stopping us…

 

The crowd cheered at Jeril’s english opening speech as the song started. The fans already heard this during their rehearsals yet they still cheered hard for the group’s performance.

 

We are young and wild, I’ll live how I want, I don’t care

The road that my two feet land on, just leisurely leave it to my body

 

We are young and wild, like a hot burning fire

You and everyone knows that we all will burn up…

 

The second stanza finally followed and the crowd cheered hard when Lei’s deep voice made another appearance at Tzuyu’s part as the beat starts to change that matches her deep tone.

 

My whole body’s breathing, today my day is perfection

My feeling that’s soaring in the sky, anything that touches me is healing

 

After the performance is a cover of Dionysus, then the duet of unnie line which is Say Yes, the maknae line’s Rainism, then their last group performance, followed by Erika and Lei’s.

As the two performs in the stage, Jeril is being nervous backstage. After this is her duet with Anika, with a song that would totally hit close to home, and she doesn’t know what to do…

“I could tell Ked unnie to change it.” Anika interrupted her train of thoughts. “I know things are still awkward between us and I don’t want this to make it even worse, so…should I?”

“Don’t bother. You know she’s not going to listen, anyways.” Jeril sigh. “Let’s just get over this and…I don’t know, maybe act like it never happened and continue ignoring things.”

“Was that sarcasm?”

“Maybe. What do you think?”

“Just tell me what I should do, Chase.”

“I want you--” Jeril stopped when the music playing also stopped, signalling the end of Lei and Erika’s performance. “We’ll talk later, after the concert. I won’t run away, I promise…”

“You better not.” Anika sighed as she turned around and started to head up the stage, Jeril followed and stood on the opposite side, waiting for the lights to shine and the music to play.

 

 

See I can’t wake up, I’m living a nightmare that keeps playing over and over again

Locked in a room, so hung up on you, and you’re cool with just being friends…

 

Jeril sings the song as she walk towards the center of the stage, staring directly at Anika, as she finally stood there in the middle then faced the crowd as she continues to sing the song.

 

Left on the sidelines, stuck at a red light, waiting for my time, and I can’t see…

 

Why don’t you love me? Touch me, tell me I’m your everything, the air you breathe, and…

Why don’t you love me, baby? Open up your heart tonight, cause I could be all that you need.

 

Why don’t you love me? Why don’t you love me?

 

This was the part where the song was cut off the rehearsals and the fans didn’t get to hear Anika’s part, but now they finally could. The girl took a deep breath then starts singing.

 

See I’m just too scared to tell you the truth cause my heartache can’t take anymore

Broken and bruised, longing for you, and I don’t know what I’m waiting for

 

Left on the sidelines, stuck at a red light, waiting for my time, so just tell me…

 

Why don’t you love me? Touch me, tell me I’m your everything, the air you breathe, and…

Why don’t you love me, baby? Open up your heart tonight, cause I could be all that you need.

 

They turned to face each other, which was something Erika had told them to do but they rejected that idea, yet here they are now, facing each other as they sing this song for them.

 

Why don’t you give me a reason? (give me a reason)

Please tell me the truth (please tell me the truth)

You know that I’ll keep believing (I’ll keep believing)

Till I’m with you…

 

Why don’t you love me? Kiss me, I can feel your heart tonight, it’s killing me so…

 

Anika did the highnotes and adlibs while Jeril sing the last chorus with all of her pent up emotions inside, this is everything she wanted to tell Anika, and the song did it for her…

 

Why don’t you love me? Touch me, tell me I’m your everything, the air you breathe, and…

Why don’t you love me, baby? Open up your heart tonight, cause I could be all that you need.

 

Why don’t you love me? Why don’t you love me?

Why don’t you love me? Why don’t you love me?

 

Why don’t you love me?

 

They finished the song while staring at each other and Anika mustered all her courage, held Jeril’s hand and pulled her down the stage, the fans cheered for them, not knowing anything.

===========================================================================