Chapter 47 - I'm Coming Home

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

[Ninoy Aquino International Airport…September 14, 2034]

Anika plopped down at one of the benches and lets out a long sigh. She just came from the long line in the ticketing booth because she just brought the ticket now, she was too busy to book for it the past few days and she’s too excited right now to even wait for tomorrow…

The case finally got closed and they won. But it took longer than she thought. She expected that it’ll be over in a month or less, but no…it took them a month and five days to be done.

And now she couldn’t wait to come home. After the last trial, she immediately went home and packed her things, said goodbye to her family, and headed to the airport to buy a ticket. And now, she’s just waiting for the boarding time which is 6PM. So, she decided to text Jeril.

 

 Chase

 

Love.

I’m coming home.

But my flight is still at 6PM.

But I was hoping you’d come pick me up.

I’ll wait for you there, okay? See you soon, Chase.

Also, I miss you. And I love you. I’ll see you soon, love.

 

Anika waited for a reply…but it never came. It wasn’t even on read. But it’s already 1PM here in the Philippines, which means it’s 2PM in South Korea. Jeril is already awake at this time, unless she had somewhere to be at. But then, she would have told Anika where she’s going.

 

Are you busy?

Please entertain me…

It’s boring here in the airport.

 

Still no reply.

What’s going on? Anika thought.

 

Is everything okay, Chase?

Where are you?

Hey!

 

There’s still wasn’t no reply, not even a read, and that’s when Anika decided to message Lei instead. That girl’s always with Erika so if she doesn’t know, then Erika doesn’t know too.

 

 Panda Mak-Lei

 

Lei Min!

Where’s Chase?

Are you with her now?

 

Anika Iniel!

I don’t know where she is.

I’m not with her right now, I’m with Erika.

 

Yeah, I figured that.

 

Whatever :P

Is there something wrong?

Is she missing? I haven’t seen her either.

 

There’s nothing wrong.

She’s just not replying to my text.

 

Maybe she’s just busy.

Don’t worry about it, unnie :)

 

Yeah, I’m sure she’s fine.

Anyways, I’m coming home today.

My flight is in 6PM. Pick me up with Chase.

 

Ofcourse, unnie! ^_^

*plays IOI sunbae-nim’s Pick Me*

I’ll see you later, then. Travel safely, Anika unnie…

 

You are such a cutie, Lei.

 

I know ;)

._.

 

Anika chuckles and shakes her head at how Lei texts. The girl is always cute at whatever she does. And well, it’s seems like Lei couldn’t help her boredom either, she’s with Erika right now and Anika doesn’t want to intrude their moment. She should just play Candy Crush.

After she had done 10 levels, she stopped for a while and went to buy some foods in a vending machine then went back to playing…when a thought suddenly cross her mind.

 

Calling…Chase

 

The phone is ringing.

Why didn’t she thought of calling earlier?

It kept on ringing and ringing but Jeril didn’t answered. She ended the call and dialed the number again. Once more, it just kept ringing…until finally a beep sound is suddenly heard.

 

Hey, this is Jeon Jeril Chase’s voicemail. If you reach here, that means I’m busy or not in the mood to talk. Or just don’t want to talk to you. Anyways, leave a message after the beep.

 

Voicemail?

“Hey, Chase. It’s Anika.” she started. “You’re not replying to my texts nor answering my call. If you’re busy or not in the mood, let me know atleast. Anyways, just read my texts. I’ll be coming home so it’d be nice if you pick me up at the airport. I hope to see you there. Bye.”

With a sigh, Anika leaned back to her chair. What’s going on? She asked herself again. Is Jeril mad at her? Sulking at her? Did she do something wrong? Did she say something wrong?

Man, this is killing her. She really should be back home soon.

Shaking her head, Anika grabbed her headphones and starts listening to music.

After hours of waiting, it was finally time to go. Anika sent Jeril one last text before she went in. The plane ride wasn’t too long and she hurriedly got down to the waiting area to see Jeril.

But it wasn’t Jeril that greeted her there.

“Hey, eomma…”

==========================================================================