Chapter 29 - Iriel's First Date

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

After the visit in the Jeon castle (as Anika loves to call it), they were swarmed with busy schedules. Even though Jeril wanted to take Anika on their first date, she couldn’t because their Japanese concert were on-going and they were rehearsing almost every vacant time.

But right now, they were provided a day off and Jeril intends to make use of it. She knows that her members are tired, but she needed their help. So, she approached Lei and Erika.

“What is it, Jeon?”

“I haven’t said anything yet.”

“I know that look in your eyes, it’s Anika.”

“Right, well…I want to take her out on a date, it’s our first date, but I don’t know what to do and you two are so cheesy with dates that I thought of asking help from you. Please?”

“You know it’s serious when Jeon Jeril Chase says please.” Lei commented with a chuckle. “But even without it, we would have help you anyway. Right, Ked unnie?” Erika nodded.

“Whipped.” the older girl glared at her. “I’m kidding. Anyways, what do you suggest?”

“Take a seat and listen, Jeril unnie.” Lei smirks while Erika shook her head fondly.

--

Step one, tell Anika about the date but not the plan. That was easy, she just asked her out and the girl agreed ofcourse. With that, they headed to the venue that Jeril prepared for her.

It was on a rooftop of a tall building, Jeril had to use her Jeon Card to get them to cooperate with her. They planned a lot of stuffs, and rooftops seems to be connected to her and Anika.

“How did you managed to borrow this huge rooftop?”

“Just did some convincing for a special day, it’s our first date after all.”

“Oh, really? Our first date is on a rooftop? Just rooftop.” Anika chuckled. “You planned something, didn’t you?” Step one, tell Anika about the date but not the plan. Jeril smiles.

“I just wanted to show you the view of Japan, this is our date. Just a hangout here.”

“So, you didn’t plan anything?” Jeril shook her head. “Alright, then. Let’s have a seat.”

They sat down on the floor and that’s when step two starts. Erika and Lei, together with the staff of the restaurant they’re currently at, are preparing the table behind them silently.

“Wanna listen to music?” without waiting Anika’s response, Jeril put a headphone on her. She just smiles when the girl looks at her weirdly, and they continued to watch the sunset.

When the sun went down, they stood up and turned around. Anika let out a gasp, seeing the empty rooftop now had a table in the middle with rose petals scattered around. Jeril held her hand and guided her to the table. She pulled a chair for her girl before sitting infront of her.

“I thought you didn’t plan anything?”

“I didn’t. I don’t know how this table got here.”

The door opened and the staff of the restaurant entered, bringing them their dinner. Some foods were placed on the cart at the side together with the drinks and desserts like cake, etc.

Erika and Lei followed behind the restaurant’s staff, their leader carrying a guitar and strums it to a familiar tone while Lei hums the melody beside Erika with her soft angelic voice.

 

I picked up my old guitar

The confession that I couldn't make, the story I stubbornly swallowed…

 

Revealing a song I'm about to tell you about now

Just listen, I'll sing for you

 

Anika looks at Jeril with a smile and a look saying that ‘I knew it, you planned it with them.’ and Jeril could only answer her back with a sheepish smile as they listen to Erika and Lei.

 

The way you cry, the way you smile, do you know how much it means to me?

The words I wanted to say the words…

 

I missed the chance to say, I will confess so just listen

I'll sing for you, sing for you

 

Just smile atleast once

 

Lei motioned them to continue their dinner as they sing in the background, and the two girls complied. Glancing at each other, smiling when they have eyecontact as they eat dinner.

 

 

I'm really thankful that I have you, the gift that God gave me

When today is over I might become awkward again

But today, by all means, I want to say this word so just listen

 

The way you cry, the way you smile, do you know how much it means to me?

The words I wanted to say the words…

 

I will confess, it may be a little awkward but just listen

I'll sing for you, sing for you…

 

Just listen, I'll sing for you…

 

When the song is finished, Erika started to BTS Butterfly, the first song Anika taught Jeril. Lei went to make a phone call as Jeril and Anika is just finishing their dinner up. Jeril held her hand to Anika once more and helped her up from her seat. She motioned the night sky and…

BOOM! Fireworks exploded. Colors started to fly around the dark night sky and Anika smiles. Lei had called Jeril’s cousin, who is waiting for the cue to release the fireworks above the sky.

“This is an amazing first date.”

“I’m glad you like it.”

“Well, you’re here, what’s not to like?” Anika lean closer to Jeril and the latter wrapped an arm around her girlfriend’s waist. “Thanks for everything, Chase. You’re the best girlfriend.”

“I know.” Jeril kiss her forehead before looking over her shoulder. “Heard that, Ked unnie?”

“Whatever, Jeon.” Erika rolled her eyes while Lei chuckled. “I’m still the best, though…”

“You are.” Lei whispered to her. “But don’t tell her I said that.” Erika chuckled this time. It’s the perfect first date, indeed. They’re both glad they helped Jeril for this memorable day…

===========================================================================