Chapter 14 - Missing You

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Erika entered their house, took off her coat and hang it on the coat rack before looking around the living room. She let out a sigh when she didn’t see what she wanted to see.

“She still hasn’t come out of her room?”

“Yeah, but I think maybe she comes out at night.”

“What…makes you think that?” Erika asked in confusion.

“Cause my ice cream went missing.” Lei answered with a frown.

The older girl chuckled as she walk towards Lei and took a seat beside her in the couch. She glanced at the close door of Jeril’s room and sigh, it’s been a few days since they last saw her.

“Do you think she has some food stock in there?”

“I don’t know, maybe? Like I said, I think she comes out at night.”

“Do you want to stay up and confront her? I’m up for some late night movie time.”

“Let’s give her some space.” Lei said softly. “Besides, you shouldn’t stay up late tonight. You didn’t had any sleep last night, didn’t you?” Erika’s eyes widened in surprise and faced Lei.

“I…How did you know that? The walls aren’t that thin, and I was being really silent .”

“Well, I went out to get water and saw you sitting in the balcony at 3AM.”

“Oh…Yeah, I’m just trying to get use without Anika around. She always makes me milk whenever I can’t sleep because of my insomnia. Cons of being a perfectionists’ daughter.”

“Your insomnia still hasn’t gone yet?”

“Nah, but I got used to it. I just drink lots of coffee.”

“Coffee makes you unable to sleep more though, doesn’t it?” both of them turned to the source of the third voice and saw Jeril standing at the door of her room. “Are you an idiot?”

“No, Ms. Jeon. Coffee just have a reverse effect on me.”

“Well, want to get some coffee with me right now? You’re already dressed up.”

“Are you asking me on a date?” oh, Erika just miss that look of disgust in Jeril’s face but the girl didn’t said anything to argue with her statement. “Alright, let’s go. Can L come with us?”

“Oh, uhm…I was hoping to talk to you alone.”

“I see. Are you okay here alone, Lei?”

“I’ll be fine. You two have some bro time together, I’ll watch some movies here.” Lei smiled gently. Erika nodded and stood up, grabbing her coat again at the rack and threw Jeril one.

“We’ll be back immediately.”

“Alright. Stay safe.”

Jeril and Erika wave at Lei and walked out of the house. Their house is inside the subdivision so the older girl thought that they were going to ride but the dancer just continue walking…

“There’s a coffee shop just outside the subdivision.”

“I’ve never been there, but can’t we take the car to get there?”

“I need some fresh air. Been cope up in my room for awhile that I missed it.”

“Are you going to tell me now the reason behind it?” Erika saw Jeril smile for a split second before her usual neutral expression returned as she shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

“Maybe, maybe not.”

“Okay. Whatever you say, Jeon.”

They continued to walk in silence till they reached the gates of the subdivision. Jeril pointed the coffee shop at the other side and they crossed the street to get there. She went to the cashier to order while Erika sat on a table. Minutes later, Jeril returned with their coffee.

“Black.” Erika said, staring at the coffee. “This is something serious, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, kind of.” Jeril answered, taking a seat infront of her. “Let me think for a second.”

“Take all the time you need, I’m not going anywhere until you tell me.” the leader said seriously as she sip her black coffee, Jeril smiled gratefully at her before drinking her own.

They sat there for awhile, just drinking their large black coffee. Erika is on her phone, texting Lei and scrolling through Twitter, while Jeril is focused on arranging the thoughts in her mind.

“Alright, come here.”

“Uhm…what?”

“Sit here.” Jeril patted the space beside her and Erika stood up from her seat confusedly. She sat down beside the dancer. “Promise me you would never tell anyone about this, okay?”

“Yeah, ofcourse.”

“Good. So, the reason is…”

Jeril leaned in to tell Erika the reason why she stayed in her room for the past few days, why she wasn’t being her usual annoying self, and everything else she’s been keeping inside her.

“That’s…wow. I…don’t even know what to say.”

“Oh, don’t bother. I’m not going to listen to you, anyways.”

“Yeah, but…I just want you to know that you have my full support.”

“Thanks, buddy.” Jeril and Erika may have a love-hate relationship but no one can deny that they are each other’s bro, and they gave the title to the other as buddy. And that’s for life.

“Always.” Erika chuckled as she stood up and grabbed her coffee. “I’m going to leave you on your own, take some time to properly think what you want to do and come home to us.”

“Yes, dad…”

“You’re a jerk…”

Jeril laughed and Erika just shook her head fondly before turning around and started to walk out of the coffee. But before she could, she turn to face Jeril once more to ask something…

“Did you steal Lei’s ice cream?”

“I…Yeah, sorry. I’ll just buy her a new one.”

“You better. She can be scary without her ice cream…”

“Noted.” Jeril saluted playfully. “Tell me the story of it next time.”

“I will…when all of us are back together. That’s why think faster on what you want to do, time is running out.” Erika smirked at her and turn around. “If you want it, then go take it.”

========================================================================